1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation trina combat rifle doing abnormal damage to sea monsters

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Jewbelno0921, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Hypotermia

Matchlocks always worked on against monsters so unless Kakao clearly states that its bannable to use it against seamonsters then there is nothing wrong with it

Velexia likes this.
  2. freakbird

And its even stated in the Spanish Translation that the Trina guns are for Ocean Content.
    Afaik Seamonsters are counted as Elephants too
    *shrugs*

Draconnix likes this.
  3. Isteria

It is a bug and those using it are exploiting it. It is not intended to kill with matchlocks a candi in 30s when it takes quite sometime with the ram / cannons. For those comparing it to whale hunting. It takes a while to get to artisan hunting to get the proper matchlocks to actually hunt anything like khalks/whales. Even then it takes quite sometime to kill a whale. You dont one shot a whale ... the way you one shot monsters with trina matchlocks. It is like comparing apples and oranges. The matchlocks are supposed to be used in PvP not in PvE. Is using trina axes to one shot Valtarra mobs also working as intended?

Shdw likes this.
  4. Isteria

Boat ram is a skill on the boat. Using a PvP matchlock to 1 shot a sea monster is not a skill. I mean I understand why you are arguing against it. Your easy way of money making is gone and you might as well be banned because you've just posted a proof of yourself abusing a bug. It needs to be patched asap. Trina Matchlocks are game breaking.

Shdw likes this.
  5. Hypotermia

[​IMG]

Either there is translation error but in spanish version indeed it literally says hunting dmg

6. Nevelina

Why are you keep saying it's a bug? Not even kakao has a clear answer to this yet. But here you are throwing out that it's a bug/exploit etc.

So before they actually say it is an exploit and have a 100% clear statement. There is nothing you can say against it.
    If I see it correct....you are not part of kakao...neither are you a part of the devs team.

And as you see above...the Spanish one actually says ocean in it lol.

Velexia and seanas like this.
  7. Isteria

Then the Spanish people can exploit. The rest of us should stick to the Node War / Siege use of it.

EDIT oh well it has spanish now as well

8. Hypotermia

Oh wait we can change our language to spanish and we can do what ever we want to? :D Your logic

Velexia likes this.
  9. Isteria

No, I am saying you should report such bugs and refrain from using them

Shdw likes this.
  10. Idhren

Nvm... I don't know why I posted.

It's just funny to see how people can be in denial.

It is not normal to use PVP weapon instead of dedicated hunting weapon in a hunting activity.
    It is not normal to gain so much money with so little requirement. (comparing to conquest)

Arguing that it's not an exploit bug is just being in denial.

#130 Idhren, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Teianna and Shdw like this.
  11. shidoxen

The best comparison I can think of with the Trina Matchlock would be something along the lines of if someone noticed you could 6 shot Gyfins using a +15 Krea weapon. Faster upon enchanting further. Most def the people that weren't geared enough to do them before who are now finding Tungrad belts by the plenty are gonna be very happy about it and will want this to remain a thing.

There are difference grades of boat gear and at higher grades are very difficult to enchant for a reason.

The only real argument I can understand people defending the current state of the Trina matchlock (prior to today's patch, I haven't tested the new mini sea creatures yet) would be for wanting to use them on the small ships to complete their sailing dailies based on the hit box for those ships is still glitched and half the time you hit them they don't take damage. They can still however be soloed without a ton of effort, just the hits where they don't take damage can be fairly frustrating since they are clearly being hit. As it stands right now with the matchlock, you can avoid that frustration and save a lot of time.

Small ship hit box fix when? :D Infact, I should prob open a thread for that upon finishing my coffee. \o/

#131 shidoxen, Jun 20, 2018
    Teianna and Shdw like this.
  12. Hypotermia

Maybe fix the damn guild houses instead of wasting time on this. Guilds been owning guild houses more than month now without them going on bid phase

13. Hortalr~

[​IMG]
    The "y oceano" (=And ocean) thing is true, switched the game in spanish to check if it was just a troll on database, and that's really in game.

Andaro, Velexia and freakbird like this.
  14. Isteria

Yep. Disable the use of the matchlock until it is fixed and continue with the guild houses.

Shdw likes this.
  15. elgen

none world boss sea monsters are simply elites with high hps. They can be damage with normal weapons. I can kill large galleys on ships wrecked floatsome without even using a boat with a ranger. You can't compare normal sea monsters to world bosses they are not the same.

16. elgen

Matchlocks dealing damage to sea monsters is not the problem it's when they are dealing more then what they should which is the case right now.

Shdw likes this.
  17. Hypotermia

Well then they should be simply nerfed and thats it

18. Velexia

I have a frigate with all +6 blue gear, as well as a sailboat with the same. I know all of the boat tricks. STSR to quick stop, TWQ to instant ram, mouse movement to drift charge (you left click the sea monster or ocean to lock on, then right click and hold while aiming the reticle to snap to where you clicked, which works even on moving targets) and probably a few tricks these punks don't know.

Even with all of that, Ocean Content is barely viable. I run my guild's Sea Monster Hunting project. The only way to make up for the lost income per hour is to have everyone do it (because you each contribute a bit to all member payouts).

The Trina Matchlocks are a good thing, and not overpowered. Ramming and cannons are underpowered. If I were you, I would keep building that boat and not worry about the opinions of professional forum trolls.

#138 Velexia, Jun 20, 2018
    Flandre, seanas, omiddo and 2 others like this.
  19. elgen

Sea monsters are NOT hunting mobs most are listed as demihuman or kam mobs. But no you should not be using siege weapons on them.

20. elgen

Yes they should and guilds known to be overly exploiting it should be taken care by the gm's of but the odds of that happening are low to none .