1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation trina combat rifle doing abnormal damage to sea monsters

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Jewbelno0921, Jun 14, 2018.

1. freakbird

the boat stuff has simple much lower AP compared to the Matchlocks , thats why they dont deal that much damage compared

2. PandoraRose

3. elgen

That's incorrect with a 250 ap bow ranger your not 5 hitting a sea monster matchlock damage is clearly abnormal if it can.

4. Nevelina

Well thank you for posting this. BUT it still doesn't mean anything as long as there is not an official statement about it. Its a response to a ticket. Not officially announced. Not a single GM said those exact words in here. All we know is that it is under investigation. As I mentioned above. Kakao doesn't know what it actually means or they wouldn't need to investigate it and find out from the Devs. The whole thread here is just full with speculations.

There are only a few things we actually know.
    Like the fact that in spanish the matchlock has the word ( ocean in it ) etc.
    Then that the matchlock does say " highly effective in battles such as nodewar etc ) doesn't say ONLY for that. Same goes for elephant damage... it says extra damage ( also doesn't mean it can't do damage to seamonsters ) it doesn't say ONLY elephants.

I could go on with it....
    So yeah, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Maybe fix the ships instead, ram damage or whatever.

#144 Nevelina, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Velexia and AlwaysSaltyAF like this.
  5. AlwaysSaltyAF

I've been trying my best to explain to you guys that it isn't a bug. This GM just happened to be tricked by the guy's explanation in his support ticket.

You can of course believe what you want, and that is your choice, but don't be surprised in a month or two when they come to a solid and final conclusion that it isn't a bug and is working as intended.

Last time I came to a video game forum to defend a solid point the developers' ruled in my favor, and I'm sure they will here too. Reason is because I'm always here stating solid logical facts.

What were the facts I stated?

1. Trina Matchlock is a "Guild" item.
    2. Sea Monsters are "Guild" monsters.
    3. Sea Monsters only drop "Guild" funds.
    4. Trina Matchlock and Trina Bullets are made via manufacturing, right above Trina Axe, which also does INSANE damage to "Guild" items such as forts/siege posts.
    5. No one in NA tested this gun until recently, and by doing so they also mixed it in the same time as speed hackers and photoshopped guild fund pics, which is adding to the hysteria that normally wouldn't be there.
    6. Normal Whales die to Matchlocks in 2-3 hits.
    7. Vell gets damaged by Matchlocks.
    8. Vell's minions get damaged by Matchlocks.
    9. The game is incredibly hard to translate and mistakes happen occasionally.
    10. Seamonsters have 30minute respawn timers and there are 30+ channels, and each channel has 1000+ seamonsters just sitting there never killed. It's only logical to assume a faster method would get introduced to make more than half of bdo's content useful (Sea content).
    11. On the spanish version of the client it even states it is for ocean content as well.

Those are 11 facts right there. I could even think of more if I felt like it, but I got a guild to run.

Use your head people. This is something everyone in your guild can participate in. Over 2000+ Epheria designs have been sold. At least a few people in every guild should own an epheria. Get out there and start killing the seamonsters rather than sit in here debating while you process some timber/ore actively and made doodoo compared to the people out there actively killing stuff.

Flandre, Velexia, DBN and 4 others like this.
  6. elgen

Trina matchlock was put into the game for node wars and sieges. Claiming that it's valid is like claiming using guild traps on road outside of wars to kill people afk aoutpathing without flagging valid. Until it's cleared up by the staff and PA I would not risk using them.

By that logic neffy2 you could also say the all mobs should have a 10-20% chance to drop 100 mil when kill to not just sea monsters.

Shdw and Teianna like this.
  7. Isteria

The denial and the fear of getting banned is real on this one. Trying to spread it more so more people get involved in order to dodge a ban.

Shdw and Teianna like this.
  8. Teianna

You say you want to know what the Gms have to say. Someone posts a direct response from one, and you say it's not good enough. What do you want an hand written letter from Kakao? They went through more direct channels and got a response. If you want a direct response open your own ticket.

I have a guild mate who got a similar response from a different GM when he sent in his ticket. And they had asked him to submit videos as evidence. Regardless of what you want to be true, for the time being, they don't want us using it. End of story.
    Also didn't you say you were done with this thread?

9. PandoraRose

So word from support is "not official word"? or is it simply just not what somebody wants to hear? It's the best you're getting for now.
    They're trying to help you by telling you not to in case.
    You're better off safe than sorry.
    But hey, if you ding dongs want to keep trying to shove a fork in a light socket, go right ahead. Better hope the electricity isn't running.

Teianna likes this.
  10. AlwaysSaltyAF

It wasn't just put in the game for nodewars and sieges. It was put in the game to assist guilds in killing elephants during nodewars/siege and assist them in killing unkillable seamonsters. Thinking otherwise defies logic in itself.

Using guild traps to kill people outside of wars?? People in game aren't "Guild" npcs. The sea monsters are guild npcs man. Come on.

You are literally saying you really think that they put a Trina Matchlock in a game JUST to kill elephants? As well as bullets? Come on wake up bro, or give me what you're smoking.

trina matchlock debate1.png

I'm actually getting kinda tilted at how dense some people are. I mean, come on.. use some common sense already and stop trolling/turning this into a witch hunt just cuz you 1. you don't want to seamonster hunt. 2. you invested money into +6-7 blue gear and you think the value of it is going to depreciate because of the matchlocks. Newflash, sea monster hunting is fun, and your gear won't depreciate. In fact, it'll go up in value!

Velexia likes this.
  11. AlwaysSaltyAF

Hey bud you do your thing I'll do my mine. I told you it wasn't a bug, gave you plenty of facts why, and hey if you want to keep assuming it is because you happened to troll an innocent gm in a support ticket w/e you do your thing. Over here in <Hardcore> guild, and <BDONavy> and <DeadSerious> and a bunch of other guilds we'll be using the trina matchlocks as you and your guilds sit on your hands complaining on the forums about why our legitly earned guild funds is more than yours.

Velexia and Wubz like this.
  12. Jewbelno0921

please post where it says that seamonsters are considered seige equipment? and my god i asked one question and it got turned into a flame war

13. AlwaysSaltyAF

Have you killed a sea monster before? It drops guild funds, nothing else. What do the trina items do in the game? They assist with guild related content. Sorry if I sounded flamey. I'm busy ingame leading the guild doing 50000x things and this debate is making me saltier than I already am. Trying my best to help the uninformed and misled.

A lot of people are literally not hunting sea monsters because of this one thread. They are scared. I'm trying my best to remedy that fear with rational facts given to me ingame and on forums. You don't need to be scared. I'm 100% sure this is not a bug/exploit.

Go out there and enjoy your game.

I am literally risking my entire guild (Best guild name in BDO <Hardcore> guild that I am GM of), account (Level 62 and 61 fully softcapped with $3000 of pearls spent, never once cheated nor will ever), etc, by saying this and I'm not worried at all anymore. There is too much evidence supporting that this is intended.

You guys can either be mad about it or go have fun and sea monster hunt.

Also, sorry if I offended any1. I'm literally just trying to help even though this forum is a sea of trolls/ragers.

Anyways, I'm out of here for awhile, gl hf bb.

#153 AlwaysSaltyAF, Jun 20, 2018
    Velexia likes this.
  14. Jewbelno0921

uhhh they help in killing seige elephants not guild stuff you clearly need to read harder

15. Jewbelno0921

also just kill sea monsters by ramming it, its honestly not hard to do, hell you can even kill it by shooting it with cannons dont even need to ram it, just dodge and fire

16. Teianna

False. Sea Monster drops are have uses for individuals not just for guilds. Hekaru spikes and Ocean Stalkers skins are used for boat gear. So no they do not exclusively drop guild funds. They have a personal use.

You literally contradicted yourself there. But, yes, continue to tell me how your logical fallacies are indeed true logic.

17. Jewbelno0921

so please tell where it says sea monsters is a part of node wars, please i would love to know. unless somehow seamonsters are humans turned into monsters who now live in the sea im sure they are not human

Attached Files:

18. Isteria

upload_2018-6-20_19-46-37.png

it doesnt say a guild item
    it doesnt say elephants in general
    it does say node / conquest war elephants and humans
    it doesnt say anything about sea monsters or demihumans which is what the monsters should be as per their icon.

all stats are displayed.

Attached Files:

#158 Isteria, Jun 20, 2018
  19. Nevelina

How do you explain that then?? mosquete para conquista y oceano = musket for conquest and ocean a93d9b29fc1f4862a225a5366850165b.png

20. elgen

Patch notes for the release of the trina matchlock.

• [Combat] Trina Matchlock and [Combat] Trina Lead Bullet have been updated.
      • [Combat] Trina Matchlock is a weapon specialized for battles which cannot be used while in mounted combat.
      • [Combat] Trina Matchlock is used in Node / Conquest Wars and is effective for attacking or keeping your enemies back from Wooden Fences, Wooden Fence Gate, Castle Gate, etc.
      • Matchlock is equipped in the main weapon slot and Lead Bullet is equipped in the sub-weapon slot. When both items are equipped, the matchlock must first load the bullets (same as reloading animation) in order to be able to fire the Matchlock. 2 shots can be fired per load.
      • [Combat] Trina Matchlock can be enhanced with Black Stone (Weapon) and Concentrated Magical Black Stone (Weapon) up to PEN: V rank.
      • and it has already been pointed out that one of the siege items released int he same patch is not working as intended.