1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trina Matchlocks, cannons and damage to sea monsters

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lislisa, Jun 19, 2018.

1. lislisa

This is a suggestion post in response to the following bug raised here: trina-combat-rifle-doing-abnormal-damage-to-sea-monsters

Really simple to solve this;
    1. Allow *any* matchlock to deal damage to Sea Monsters, Elephants, hunting monsters and structures.
    2. Scale damage of all Matchlocks and cannons (down or up depending).
      1. In the case of sea monsters take into the consideration in scaling: sea monster knowledge, sailing level, enhancement level of the weapon.
      2. In case of structures take into consideration in scaling: life skiling level (not sure which) and enhancement level of the weapon.
      3. In case of hunting monster take into consideration in scaling: hunting level, monster knowledge and enhancement level of the weapon.
    Make levelling sailing worth something other then just getting to professional 1 so that you can drop all the weapons and cannons to just ram monsters to death.

Give us a reason to use trina matchlocks and normal matchlocks that are not game breaking.

Fateneko, Nixie_AU, Zeustek and 4 others like this.
  2. lislisa

Can Anyone confirm how much damage the trina, cannons adn ramming is doing now after the patch?

Update: I hear after the patch matchlocks have been nerfed as expected but to a level where it does near to no damage to sea monsters (3 minutes shooting at hekaru only 3% dmg dealt) and player damaged is inconsequential deals near to no damage again.

#2 lislisa, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  3. LightningFFXIII-4

They're not going to post it here lol. You have to join their underground Discord for all those "Need to know basis" stuff.

4. iller

Trinas and Cannons now do around the same DPS (which is very very low... Ramming went untouched and is now the ONLY viable method)

I like the suggestion in Spirit... But I'd really prefer if we just got a new type of (preferably: crafted) Cannon Ball that did 3x the damage at 1/3 the Splash radius to reward players with superior Aiming

Matchlocks meanwhile already required not just superior aiming, but also positioning, timing, and moving your camera around so your shots weren't blocked by your teammates who were also all crowding over the Bow. So they could just stand to have their damage upped, but normalized so that a TET doesn't do a crazy difference in damage compared to a +14

#4 iller, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    lislisa likes this.
  5. lislisa

I created this post on suggestion from the GM's, I have spoken to them about the Trina issue and Margoria in general. CM's compile feedback from the forums and send it tot he devs weekly of course that doesn't guarantee that will be seen however more popular an idea is more likely it is to be seen.

If you like what is being suggest at least in spirit would you help spread this suggestion?

#5 lislisa, Jun 22, 2018
  6. lislisa

The cannon ball idea is a nice idea. You can already enhance ship parts like the cannons which are very hard to get to +10 (i dont know anyone that has blue parts at 10) but being able to use different cannon balls could be interesting.

7. Rah97

I think they should just make trina matchlocks do damage to sea monsters but just halve the damage, make it roughly the same as ramming, and buff cannons to around that lvl as well. That way you have 3 different ways to hunt seamonsters, personally, I found matchlocks fun because of how you had to position to make sure you could get a clear shot at them, and it was fairly difficult to manage the rather short distance (you literally had to wait until the nineshark was charing your boat before you'd be close enough to shoot him), and deal with the incoming damage, cc, and because you could bring other friends that would actually benefit because it increased your collective weight and decreased the time it took. I doubt I'm going to go back to mindlessly ramming seamonsters just because of how boring and lackluster that was in comparison. I don't really care about the money being made from it, I heard people are making 1b a week doing it in a guild for about 15ish hrs a week of active hunting, tbh I'd do it for 500m a week or 250m a week if they brought back the matchlocks. An easy solution would just be to cut the cost of all the seahunting items. The 100m drops would be 50m drops, the neidans would be 50k instead of 100k. Overall, the matchlock nerf doesn't solve anything because the people doing it for the 1bil a week or more are just gonna go back to ramming, it really only affected the people who didn't have the billions invested to be able to ram them efficiently enough to make the money and hurt the people who want to enjoy seahunting.

tl;dr revert matchlock, nerf damage to be on par with ramming, maybe slightly lower given the resources needed to get to the point where you can ram effeciently, buff cannons, and cut the sell price of seamonster items in half = more fun gameplay + less complaining (hopefully)

8. lislisa

I am told ramming is really only viable with blue parts at +8 (ish) and professional sailing (quick back with is considered sailing so ramming ability is usable while doing it).

Honestly devs could patch the quick back ability to not be considered "sailing speed" so the ramming would not be possible.

9. Rah97

I don't think that's necessary. Just buff the rest to be up to par instead of nerfing. I'd rather kill a big seamonster in 5min then 15, and a small one like a hekaru in about 2. anything longer starts to feel like a chore when taking things like durability into account.

#9 Rah97, Jun 22, 2018
  10. lislisa

So the Nineshark event tells us to use matchlocks to kill a sea monster.

I hope the devs some some ticket on their backlog to fix the whole sea hunting thing

11. Zeustek

I agree, matchlocks should do damage to sea monsters. I mean it is called "sea monster HUNTING". I'm pretty sure one of the quests even says you can use a matchlock to kill a sea monster. I mean let's be realistic, I don't know much about real life whaling/hunting at sea but it would be pretty ridiculous to see a boat ramming a fish/whale. You'd probably check the captain into a mental hospital who thinks it's plausible to ram fish with your boat

12. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

This is why I suggested removing all ship ram damage and making the seamonsters able to be harpooned. Whales were killed with harpoons historically. This could turn it into a real guild experience if you had people on cannons, using matchlocks and somebody harpooning to anchor the monster so more damage could be done with the matchlocks and or cannons.

13. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

pvp? :D