1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True face of BDO.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Narsi, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Narsi

i see some of u say "and u are suprise that they want our money "

well my frends pretty much in everything there are borders when most of people say stop this is too much ...

seems to me KAKAO dont recognise what is normal and what is far- far behind normal ...

2. FluffyQuack

3. Narsi

even if they will decide to make some BIG expansion ... u should start to count ... lets say they anouce at the end of 2017 ... 1-2years untill KR get it ... another 3th year untill we get it ... so 2021 .... not gonna log in another 3 year every day just because MAYBE ....

4. FluffyQuack

KR got Margoria 7 months before us. Kamasylvia part 1 was released in KR 8 months ago. Kamasylvia is taking longer than expected, but it's only off by one month so far, and there some content we got way ahead of schedule (we got Striker only a month after KR).

I'm gonna say it's ridiculous to assume we'll have to wait 3 years before we get new, major content. I expect to see Mystic within a month, and then Kamasylvia in 1-2 months (and they might be bundling part 1 and 2 into one release).

LinaCrysta and Morwath like this.
  5. Narsi

90% player dont care for female striker ...
    and cmon it seems Kamasylvia is going to be only bigger thing what will happend here ... but u cant even compare kamasylvia with real expansion ...
    look at any other MMO what they get in expansion and then look at kamasyvlia ... it feels to me like a big patch ... and now think about it ... when will come something big rlly big ? like a real expansion ? 2-3 years or more ? considering how long took to made Kamasylvia and deliver it to NA/EU i would say 4-5y.

let take WOW as example : every single expansion was giving multiple armor set, multiple non- set items , with many rly nice skins .... hundreds of new location ... and tousands of new enemy ....

now go look at exact numbers what kamasylvia is adding . ... how many maps, items, game changing mechanics ... u will need only fingers on your hands to count it.

and why we still dont have KAMASYLVIA ??? cause if they already added it 5months ago ..servers would be dead today ... cause people would relise : OK we have Kamasylvia ? what will come next and when ? and they would relise they dont plan to grind sausans for another 2years.

#25 Narsi, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  6. Celensra

Many opinions and estimates on "when" and "how many care for this or that"...we all love this game. It's why we're here. Aside from the almost completely blind eye the developers have turned upon us, two things scare me:

First, there is almost nothing detailed for the future. I have heard of a few gimmicks but nothing big like Kamasylvia. Rock Climbing sounds amazing...but so did Sailing and it's almost entirely pointless because there's just about no content to support it. Air Ships sound wonderful....and again, this doesn't change anything. New classes are fantastic as well...until you're completely bored because you hit the same content wall all over again. New extremely expensive costumes again, change nothing. What major change or addition is coming after Kamasylvia? They should work towards that instead of tiny things. From what I see, many are leaving and while people can say, "I don't care", this is an awful thing for a game.

Second...and this is important...it's posts like this. The fact that the community is so upset and torn. The fact that so many of us feel betrayed by the developers time and again and must ask if there is even a future for Black Desert at all is horrifying. One little letter from Korea was nice...it put me at ease for just a bit...but it's just one little letter. It's just like receiving promises that "things will be different" from someone you feel you can no longer trust...even though they just missed the PERFECT opportunity to say absolutely anything about Kamasylvia at their Gamescom convention.

My gods, I could go on for ages but I'll stop...and yes, I could just quit and leave...but I started by saying I love this game. I really think we all do. That's why there are so many insults hurled back and forth in these forums. I just want this game and community to grow and last for a very long time. It's my final game and I want it to be a great one...and I just don't know if it will be anymore.

7. FluffyQuack

I don't think we can ever expect WoW-style expansions. Ever since they released the game in KR, they've focused on doling out content many times a year, instead of having one massive release every 2-3 years. To be honest, I think it's the right thing to do. Could you imagine the state of the game right now if we only had access to Balenos/Serendia/Calpheon for 2 years before we got Mediah/Valencia/Margoria/Kamasylvia?

I'll be honest and say that Kakao is not doing a great job letting people know what's coming, but if you follow KR news, we have a good idea what's coming in the long run. Kamasylvia part 2 was released recently in KR, and we know after that they'll be releasing regions south of Serendia and Mediah which features Giant and Dwarven races.

As a side note, I feel like people have been saying since launch that people keep leaving the game and the game will be dead in a few months unless something is done. But look at the state of the game. It's being released in new territories, and they're close to releasing a version on consoles. It's doing just fine.

If people are bored of the current content, I've got a tip: take a break. Go play other games for a while. Go explore this elusive world called "real life." And then come back when there's new content to play.

#27 FluffyQuack, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    ronniejw and Morwath like this.
  8. Narsi

maan but different is others MMO keeping players busy for some time...

Valencia is great but there is nothing to do there. Main story is okey but after that ? XXL guild missions? Farm everyday some other location just because i want and i like desert ??? knowing i can do 2x higher profit if i farm Sausans ?

And sorry bro but Kamasylvia will change nothing .... gear i have will be best, sausans will be best ... what is point of playing this game ?

Sure i will go check it probally ...same i chcecked Valencia ... and gonna say WOW how nicely done.... its trully beautifull ..... but what then ? i gona leave sausans and grinding there knowing iam loosing money ? yes probally for some days ... then i will be back ...

but w8 i dont play anymore :D i just relised :D last week i dont care for logging in for reward.

9. 6footgeeks

upload_2017-8-26_20-32-36.jpeg

Dunkleosteus, flukeSG2 and dxmage like this.
  10. Beeso

You missed your trigger mayn, hint: check the 2nd page.

11. Boink

Server's don't run with carbon dioxide.

People expecting they get a "full" MMO game coughing up 10 to 5$ is just crazy. Hell some top AAA even have their own "cash grab" in-game shop items. They are coughing up 55$ for those.

Welcome to the world of micro-transactions.

LinaCrysta likes this.
  12. Narsi

u so wrong ... :D nobody expect anything ....
    many people that complaing here spend over 2 thousands ....
    i myself spend few hundreds ... and i wouldnt mind it if games offers something for it...

but lets face truth last months all they update is cash shop ... and all new content are costumes.

and i still wouldnt mind to support them ... if i know there is somthing big behind corner and they do care about game problems...

but that is not a case ... just have a look at Mediah need boosts and Valencia is ok interwiev.... is clear they dont care, dont read, dont listen. All they care is what costumes to make and which part of game make p2w so they milk us more.

crosspath and Oaklay like this.
  13. Columba

Here I had NO IDEA that this game was a non profit charity!! Can I deduct my donations

14. ambyentlight

All these people that still think BDO has zero P2W elements is in permanent denial, So not even worth talking to people like that as their IQ is too low to understand the concept of P2W and that’s quite sad really.

15. Columba

People....are. Subject, verb agreement, please. Ironic that the IQ comment follows such a basic error.

16. T800

Could it be they simply expanded too far, and now they don't have the manpower to handle:
    1. KR
    2. JPN.
    3. RU
    4.EU/NA
    5. Taiwan
    6. 2nd NA ( It's officially South America, but the servers are in US lol. )
    7. XBox

17. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

try lineage2, you would enjoy it... only problem is mmorpg newbies cant handle such hard game

Draconnix likes this.
  18. Smaxx

Smaxx Smaxx Maehwa EU

In case anyone missed it in the announcement regarding their "gamescom event" (read he original post for full story, but basically people asked to ask them about future plans/roadmap):

19. Narsi

played lineage 2many years ... still log in from time to time check old frends.

20. Rhuarc

Haha punctuated equilibrium theory. If it sucks long enough maybe it will change.