1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TwitchCon

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by [HS]Exodus, Oct 31, 2018.

1. [HS]Exodus

So I was just told in an email that it would be impossible to get any support for the twitch event. I tried using some codes and always got the same error and it was never resolved so I gave up on trying the last set. So that makes me wonder if I'll be out of luck on any other regional things just because I live overseas playing on an NA server.

Also I know someone that DID get the twitch event items and he lives in the same country. The GM basically just sent him everything from the event excluding the title. I could vpn, but thats just a hassle and I dont want to pay for that when I already pay enough as it is.

2. Castill4n

Castill4n Zhejiang Striker 62

BDO5GJC BDO2N3X BDO6U8N - Redeem on Website - if you are a steam player you will have to redeem them INGAME - Esc menu -> click on REDEEM

They worked yesterday, dont know if still viable.

3. Castill4n

Castill4n Zhejiang Striker 62

BDO5GJC

BDO2N3X

BDO6U8N

4. Rahuu

Rahuu Thornflood Striker 61 EU

The Twitchcon codes were supposed to work for both NA and EU so this is not about country related restrictions.

On the other hand, though..

"Coupons that are shown during the live stream will expire at 23:59 UTC the following day."
    Source: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/twitchcon

Matter of fact, I was late as well and I was only able to redeem codes from day 3.

5. [HS]Exodus

Well thats the thing, I actually live in Korea and play on NA. I tried the first 2 sets of codes and the same error regardless of what I did. I was talking about IP based restriction. Lot of games do that and Ive had to find a way around it sometimes.

6. Rahuu

Frankly, I don't think PA would go as far as actually blacklisting a more or less specific IP range to prevent Korea-based players on NA server from redeeming such codes. That said, there's plenty of free VPN services you could use to see if the result is different.

Although, last day of stream was the 28th, so I believe the codes were redeemable only until 23:59 UTC the following day, hence the 29th.

I assume you tried redeeming the codes before that date/time?

7. [HS]Exodus

It could be steam being a pain, no idea. Pretty sure something is restricting me from being able to use the codes normally. I know vpn is an alternative, but I shouldnt have to go through that process at all for something thats supposed to work.

I did try maybe 5 codes, after that I gave up.

"We are bound by the terms of our licensing agreement and this means that we are unable to offer services in other countries outside these areas, no matter how much we want to." An email from a GM.

Regardless of where I am, I should still be able to get support. Hell, I had a ticket in not too long ago for a refund on a pearl item, that went through nice and smooth, but because I mentioned I live in Korea Im refused assistance for twitch? Just stupid.

Not really expecting help from a GM at this point.

FYI, Blizzard does have that IP restriction in place (at least for Korea that I knew of). That was a while ago though, havent played WoW since then, could have changed.

8. Rahuu

The GM response you received is template-based and suggests that the GM didn't really go and look into the issue. No surprise here.

But seriously, I just can't harness the logic of an IP restriction in this case. Why would they allow Korean players to connect to and play on NA server in first place, then? If you don't need a VPN to play the game, you shouldn't need one to redeem codes either.

Regardless, I agree with you, you deserve a more detailed answer from a GM on the matter.

9. [HS]Exodus

I completely forgot about the website.
    res.jpg

So yea, restricted.

Koreans have their own way of handling online games and even some are regulated when they make accounts.

10. Rahuu

Ouch.

Still doesn't make much sense to me, but oh well.. at least you'll be prepared for next time it happens. :)

And I've only got 6 sharps from Shakatu box, if that makes it better. lol

11. [HS]Exodus

I havent gotten anything good from the Laurens ones anyways, but a free t8 mount would have been nice.