1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working as Intended Unable to 'character transport' from Ancado to Shakatu post-Jan. 8th update

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Goonc1ty, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Goonc1ty

As the title states, if you use the Transport feature to move a character from one city to another, Shakatu is no longer appearing as an option from Ancado Harbor. The only option is Valencia. If you go to Valencia, only Ancado is an option. Is this a potential bug or a deliberate change?

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

It has been like that for ages.

3. Ponge85

No, it hasn't. You could transport your character to Valencia City via the "x city" - Shakatu - Ancado - Valencia route. And it worked the other way too, so you should have an option to transport from ancado to shakatu, I used that route for character transport many times.

Mana_Mafia and Schwertfee like this.
  4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

It has been like this for ages. When I first began in February you could only transport to Ancado harbour from Valencia and vice versa. You could transport to Shakatu from the other towns, just not from Valencia or Ancado. I agree though that this is stupid.

5. Munchie

Yeah, I hate how they changed it, now I think the easiest way is to use balloons to altinova, then transport... I'm probably gonna stop trading because of this change.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  6. lavalava

That change caught me by surprise, as it is not in the patch notes.
    I remember them adding Ancado<>Shakatu transport a while ago, now removing it again seems odd. Lets see if it was by mistake.
    Having the route is fine, you need multiple transports to go from anywhere to Valencia city. So it's not like you can get characters in and out Val City quickly.

7. Goonc1ty

It hasn't been like this for ages, four times a day my barter alt starts in Shakatu, sails the Hakoven route, suicides, spawns town (Ancado) and character transports back to Shakatu via Disconnect window. It seems like not only is Shakatu-Ancado broken but anywhere-Shakatu. I submitted a bug report, hopefully this is fixed soon. Many barterers use the same strategy for their Valencia corridor trades

8. lavalava

Also other transfer options got removed. You cannot go from any town to town (excluding east of desert) anymore.
    Additionally you cannot use the old moon balloon anymore between Valencia city and Calpheon. It feels like an old version of the character transporting module made it into the patch.
    Item transport has seen no change, none that i noticed.

9. Goonc1ty

My first ticket received a 'pasted' response about item transport but I replied with clarification and screenshots, hopefully enough to be looked at again. Maybe a CM can forward this?

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  10. T800

You stated the exact reason why they removed it.

Don't try to cheat the system and just sail normally in the future.

11. Goonc1ty

There's nothing cheating about that? I wouldn't even call it clever use of game mechanics. It makes 0 sense to completely remove a way for players to 'transport' their characters to one half of the map because a dozen barterers are using the mechanic to save an hour a day.

Schwertfee likes this.
  12. Mana_Mafia

Piggybacking on this post...

I noticed that
    this week's patch MASSIVELY nerfed my daily fishing routine without so much as a single sentence detailing so in the patch notes.

Every single day I AFK fish at Tooth Fairy Cabin while i'm at work. When I get home from work I use the character transport feature to send my lifeskiller fishing alt from TFC to Shakatu and then I play on my main character for 1 hour while I wait for my fisher to be moved. After 1 hour I switch to my fisher, now in Shakatu, sell my fish and use the character transport function to send it back to Grana (I autopath from Grana back to TFC at the end of each night before bed).

This patch totally removed my ability to transport characters to Shakatu. It can no longer be selected from the drop down transportation menu.

PLEASE FIX.

Sasira likes this.
  13. Goonc1ty

Completely agree, no response to my ticket yet, clarification as to if this was an intended change or not would be fantastic. Please <3

14. Mana_Mafia

Can we please get GM/CM response on this issue?

There was no mention of this in the patch notes and it has completely nerfed the method I've used to fish and get around for the last 1 1/2 years.

Night13 likes this.
  15. Mana_Mafia

I noticed that this week's patch nerfed my daily fishing routine without so much as a single sentence detailing so in the patch notes.

Every single day I AFK fish at Tooth Fairy Cabin while i'm at work. When I get home from work I use the character transport feature to send my lifeskiller fishing alt from TFC to Shakatu and then I play on my main character for 1 hour while I wait for my fisher to be moved. After 1 hour I switch to my fisher, now in Shakatu, sell my fish and use the character transport function to send it back to Grana (I autopath from Grana back to TFC at the end of each night before bed).

This patch totally removed my ability to transport characters to Shakatu. It can no longer be selected from the drop down transportation menu.

Additionally you used to be able to use this character transport system to go from Valencia to Ancado Harbor and from Ancado to Shakatu and that is also no longer available as an option.

PLEASE FIX.

16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Have you not noticed the only people that are responding to posts are Alterist and Andaro. Everyone else is MIA and have been for a few weeks must all be on vacation.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  17. Goonc1ty

No response to ticket either. Request #1101618 if any GM's see this

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  18. Goonc1ty

I'm not sure if the SEA region was affected by this but no fix in their patch notes :(

19. Goonc1ty

Yeah no fix :( and still couldn't find anything in past patch notes

20. Chinya

Chinya Tamer 62 EU

I wrote a ticket about this and I got general response that they are passing this to their QA team. Eh.... This is so painful. Before 8.01 patch I was moving my alts to Valencia via character transport. Now all are stuck there :/

#20 Chinya, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Mana_Mafia and Goonc1ty like this.