1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update on Recent Connection Issues for NA Users

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Servantes, Feb 9, 2018.

1. CM Servantes

Community Manager

Network Issues

We want you to be able to enjoy the game to its fullest and we know a number of you have been experiencing technical issues that have impacted your enjoyment of Black Desert Online.

As it was previously announced, we noticed that a server disconnection issue started occurring from January 29th. We immediately contacted the server host company in order to resolve the problem.

When the network issue occurred, players were disconnected from the server every few minutes, which is similar to the issue from last November, caused by DDoS attacks. We are currently working with the hosting company to improve the server status.

Further announcements will be made if there are updates about the server status and progress. We understand that the latest series of network interruption have caused inconvenience to many Adventurers. We promise that we will do our best to resolve the network issue as soon as possible to deliver a more enjoyable and pleasant gaming experience for our North America and Europe players.

CenturyLink Issue

We are also aware of a separate and ongoing issue specific to players using CenturyLink’s subsidiary ISPs such as Qwest, Embarq and CenturyTel, usually around 16:00 to 20:00 PST. After informing our provider about this situation, and them not being able to locate a problem from their side, we’ve spent the last few days trying to contact CenturyLink directly to find a resolution.

However, with numerous attempts to discuss the issue at hand with CenturyLink’s staff and manager, we were unable to receive the support needed to fix the issue. We were met with the response ‘We cannot help you as you are not our customer.’ Unfortunately, our requests to co-operate and look into this problem together (with us providing all necessary data) were not answered; we were instead asked by CenturyLink to direct any of their customers experiencing a problem straight to their customer service department, either by ticket or phone call. Detailed information can be found here. (http://www.centurylink.com/home/help/contact.html).

We want to extend our apologies for the disruption you have suffered and reassure you, we are investigating multiple avenues to improve the experience for everyone. We will announce the changes we plan to make for server and network improvements in the upcoming months. These changes should provide a much improved stability and connection for all Black Desert Online adventurers.

2. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Seraph Ranger 61 NA

Dropping Leaseweb finally?

3. Celaiona

I would hope so. All the more technical folks (especially on reddit) have said numerous times this provider is cheap and has the lowest ratings around.
    Just type leaseweb review in google and read it. You dont need to be a techie to see they have very bad reviews.

4. Haar Geroya

CenturyLink seems to be playing the run-around. Friend called them and got transferred until they finally said there's nothing they can do.

5. namnam030

namnam030 GottKoenig Valkyrie 62 EU

what about eu users, we have heavy desync s and laggs also

6. Desado

Desado Wizard 62 NA

Amazon when?

7. Orthro

Thank you for an update and attempting to resolve the issues.

These messages are a great way to reassure that our complaints are not falling on deaf ears. Of course action speaks louder than words, so I hope one day soon in the future we can have the great quality of service that one would expect from a premium game.

8. Raiya Li

Hopefully with any luck for those affected that Leasewebs will be replaced with someone else. Its obvious the repeated disconnection issues that have been going on for months on both NA/EU have proven that they're simply not up to par for hosting a MMO and one we pay a fair bit of money into as well.

9. Hihitsuo

How about -and this is just a crazy idea-so bear with me- you drop Leaseweb?

I mean, its not like every single person who plays this game knows what the weakest link is. No seriously. Only about 90% of us do.

If you want people to take you seriously, maybe instead of -insert CenturyLink- you address the real problem. Just once.

10. Pickles

Pickles LastOrder DarkKnight 62 NA

;_;

Whelp its been fun guys, I enjoyed the game but alas, I apparently can no longer play.
    Shiturylink user out.

11. WoolyDub

The issue I am having with it being Century Link's problem is that I have played this game fine for months on end and have also had zero issues with Century Link with any other products. It's laughable that you are blaming the ISP in this case. There's nothing they can do because it isnt their issue.

This game has had multiple other connectivity issues in the past and you are placing the blame in both instances on entities other than yourself which is tantamount to passing the buck to avoid blame.

The Century Link issue isn't also at all times which it would be if the issue were on their end. I am able to connect in the mornings, but around reset time and in the evening I am disconnecting. Maybe I am affected by both issues, I don't know.

All I know is that I am a paying customer and I'd like to know about recompense. Your service on multiple fronts is lacking and I'd also like to know what steps you plan on taking to bring this issues to a halt once and for all.

Vixy and Fix Your Sh!tty Servers like this.
  12. Locust

Same

13. Breyer

Cox is still also affected and has been for a long time. But let's pretend like it's just 1 ISP so it doesn't look like Leaseweb's fault.

Meanwhile, on Cox I ping just fine to a level3 datacenter ALSO in San Jose, while my connection to Leaseweb is still garbage. HMM.

Tvvin and DarkMonk like this.
  14. RicochetSaw

"We do our best by putting the blame on someone else" - Ka$hkow

15. CommonJJM

Look at the price on CenturyLink. Its even cheaper than Leaseweb and basically has no reviews.

We went from bad to worse. I don't know how that was even possible. But NA PA found a way.

16. Fateforsaken

What maybe a lot users don't know is that century link bought out level 3 communications which is a massive routing entity for north America. Perhaps this is what Kakao is referring to.

17. CombatKiller

CombatKiller CombatKiller Mystic 61 NA

@CM Servantes

This is what i like to see, communication from your end. Even tho its not a successful outcome at least we are in the loop!

ElPsyKongroo and TinaH like this.
  18. Kusaragii

@CM Servantes Any update on Cox Communication users? We been having issues for MONTHS not like the youngings from Century Link who have just adopted into these issues.

TinaH likes this.
  19. obitum

It's player being on Qwest, Embarq and CenturyTel from century link not kakao.

Using CenturyLink’s subsidiary ISPs such as Qwest, Embarq and CenturyTel.

Are you using one of these?

20. Kasraken

Thanks for the update, please keep us in the loop.