1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update on Recent Connection Issues for NA Users

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Servantes, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Dindu Nuffin

Dindu Nuffin Voidbyndir Ninja 62 NA

They've been playing the run around game since their inception. Terrible company.

2. ExavraSynn

I'm a Century Link user and experienced the massive lag and disconnects. The game was unplayable.

An easy fix is use a VPN. I've been using Mudfish to great success. My connection is faster and more stable then it's ever been (I play during prime hours). The cost is extremely cheap. You basically pay for whatever you use... I've been playing for around 5 days and my usage is like 11 cents.

Some of you may really benefit from this and should look into it, then there are other's I'm sure who refuse to pay out of pocket for a game that "should be working 100% of the time." Just throwing it out there.

And no it is not a violation of the TOS and you will not get banned. GM's have verified that it is fine.

Century Link is a garbage company btw. Almost as bad as Comcast... almost.

#22 ExavraSynn, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Dindu Nuffin and Julohr like this.
  3. Locust

Centurylink gave me a reference number and call number for technical support, call and ask for a supervisor immediately, at that point, Make sure the disconnects are happening right then and there, so they are able to see from your modems Connection Status a certain loss of packets will be shown during the time of the disconnects, if you have tried countless times in the last 24h it also shows the errors there, let them know, they will speak to an ''Engineer'' and ask you a few questions, just give it a shot guys. Im calling around 7pm East. They also credit'd my account for one month today, just keep trying guys and hopefully something gets sorted out.

4. Xialoh

Xialoh Valkyrie 60 NA

What. NA PA has nothing to do with CenturyLink lol.

5. Asami

Century Link hangs up on me when I call about the issue.

I got a hold of them through Twitter and they said they are in contact with you guys and working on the issue but ultimately they just blamed you guys.

**** Century Link. Their support is ass and they are ass.

They wont even help actual customers when we do call about it.

Tvvin and Dindu Nuffin like this.
  6. Junyoung

Junyoung Hwall Ranger 61

Thank you for giving us an update on this, it's really appreciated.

"‘We cannot help you as you are not our customer."
    Wow... Talk about horrible customer service on Century Link's end..

"We will announce the changes we plan to make for server and network improvements in the upcoming months. These changes should provide a much improved stability and connection for all Black Desert Online adventurers."
    I hope this means what I think it does. I smell new stuff. I like the smell of new stuff. :D

7. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I stand in full support of moving servers to a better provider, as it appears that our current provider may not have our best interests at heart.

I believe that the majority of the community is in somewhat unanimous agreement that we really are unhappy with our current server hosts.
    While we understand the need for cost efficiency, there is also a delicate balance of player enjoyment that comes with server stability.

Looking forward to what direction the company comes up with, in a swift and decisive decision for the better.

o7

Smileybones likes this.
  8. Asami

Lawsuit against Century Link please.

They won't talk to paying customers either.

Lol the support person from CL just told me "if they are not authorized on your account then we are unable to assist them" xD

Like can someone from Kakao just get Century Link so they are technically a paying customer lol. Even then I doubt they would help.

#28 Asami, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Vixy likes this.
  9. Kraken801

So pretty much when we call century link and they don't do anything were just screwed?
    I find it hard to believe they wouldn't cooperate with you being a big company. Thanks for the more ******** guys really means alot lolol

10. Driftmoon

Thank you for further communication on these issues. It's really appreciated!

I'm a CenturyLink user and have been for the last 10 years. There was another game I had issue with that I had to stop playing because it came down to CenturyLink, and that was Age of Conan. Back then they were the only ISP in the area, so I couldn't change. Now that this has happened with BDO, I'll be trying out Cable One soon. I have a planned move in a few months, so waiting until then, but in the meantime I've found using VPNs work to keep me connected. I'm still trialing several. I admit that I don't want to pay for the service, as I feel I shouldn't have to, but I probably will since I do enjoy BDO and have made friends here.

As a last note, I called CenturyLink when the problems first started and was given the run-around by techs who barely knew the lingo. I've given up on that end and will cease using CL soon, and will warn anyone off of them that enjoys online gaming.

Asami and Hemuk like this.
  11. MP4LIFE

What exactly is this issue you have identified that is on the ISP's side to fix? The more details about the issue you can give us, could help the CL representatives to help us resolve this issue, or identify if it's something else.

12. PM Horizon

Project Manager

We've first asked this question to our provider, to check whether there is something wrong on our network that causes this kind of issue; they didn't find any on their end. Some WinMTRs show packet loss that starts from a certain GTT node that does also seemingly carry over to our server, although there is no other traffic affected by this other than CenturyLink packets, leading us to believe that this is something not clearly visible - behind CenturyLink's network. We did request for cooperation to locate/resolve the issue together, although unfortunately our attempt was fruitless.

At this point, we are not certain what the issue is, but there is no indication of a problem on our (or our provider's) side. If you have any interesting information regarding this situation, send me a PM.

QueryEverything, MP4LIFE and Junyoung like this.
  13. Desado

Desado Wizard 62 NA

Maybe buy a higher tier of service from Loseweb? There are routes through Loseweb servers that are perfect but there not letting you use them.

14. Desado

Desado Wizard 62 NA

The second hop through GTT is where it happens to me also.
    [​IMG]

Moonraker likes this.
  15. Julohr

What is the name of that softwarr plz

16. Sepiriz

I'm GM #### and I understand you're contacting us due to some issues with connectivity.

I am very sorry to hear that you have encountered lag problems whilst playing on one of our servers and that makes it all the more difficult for me to inform you that unfortunately the Customer Support team can not send out individual compensation for connectivity problems.

Occasionally, we observe generalized server problems and send compensation to all affected players. However, I am sadly unable to compensate you personally for your losses, this is due to there being no verified lag occurring at the time of your death.

Our technicians work constantly to improve the performance and stability of the various servers, and I sincerely hope that you will not encounter this kind of problem again in the future.

I am very sorry that I can not be of more help to you, however, should you have any other concerns or questions I'd be more than happy to assist you in any way that I can. I hope that you can still have a great rest of your day and that you'll continue to enjoy your time spent within the world of Black Desert Online.

-> game has been DDoS'd more times in the last year than a majority of online companies get in their entire lifetime. Then again, only game I've ever played where you not only pay for the costume you wear, but also have to pay 10 bucks a month (or more) just to change its colour.....

#36 Sepiriz, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  17. OptimusPrime

Thanks CM for the update.
    I'll go ahead and translate that in real English for the readers:

"We can't be bothered to switch servers. We're saving so much money by using Leaseweb we're laughing all the way to the bank. As long as people are willing to pay 5000 pearls for a tent we're good. Also none of us do siege or node wars so we don't care about the issues players face."

18. Juwappibot

This happened with cox communications too. its definitely leasewebs fault...

Tvvin likes this.
  19. Julohr

Honestly private server have better servers ... that's kinda fail for ya guys.

20. Kraken801

Hey @GM Horizon
    I can connect to bdo KR and that's after I disconnect my VPN
    So please explain how it's century links fault again? They work just fine inn KR bdo must be leaseweb........oh wait nvm it's not there fault right?

Vixy and Julohr like this.