1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated 0-200 AP Guide v4, for NA/EU with the Asula Set

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Azveki, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Azveki

Main Link: http://imgur.com/a/4zV3r

Supplementary info: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13JV0PrJVwZox_DJFi25iqxPTvlJMCSM0L8NRdLLK9ZM/edit?usp=sharing

This guide is made from the opinions I've formed from the new content we've received. The Asula set gears new players much more quickly, but also becomes more punishing in that upgrades after it are costly. One thing I would point out: the Asula accessories let you skip over mid-range accessories so you could get blue weapons (Liverto, awakening), but I don't recommend it in favor of saving for boss gear in the first place.

Please let me know what you think and if you have other suggestions. The infographic is a quick rundown, but more discussion is in the Google doc and I can add stuff there as well.

Koadrom, SuperScrub, Itago and 4 others like this.
  2. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

but good first steps including asula

3. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

Good luck farming that on a lvl 15...
    By the time you can actualy far Asula set you SHOULD have some other accessory already

4. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

yeah +0 Bares jewelry. hard to get

EternalValley likes this.
  5. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

Never said it was hard to get, but for new pleople that know 0 about the game its not as self explaining as veteran players think.
    A guide for new players SHOULD assume the reader know nothing to begin with, its safe to assume that most of us (1year + players) already have better accessory than Asula :P

6. Sutasaushi

this build has some serious flaws mah dude

7. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

So good of you to point out those flaws, im sure he will make the changes you suggested...

8. FamousAzzkicker

did much change from august? playing witch, and seen a lot of new kamasylvia gear pop up , and a lot of new questitems etc.
    is it already updated, or will it still get updated?

i mean the kama gear/general stuff

also seems kind of crazy how tri bossgear weapons/armor is needed for endgame kama? :X

#8 FamousAzzkicker, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  9. HolyRyu

> one of the most shared & best guides for gear progression, besides the simplicity
    > 3 likes in official bdo forum

10. Blitzball

The first part is outdated. You can go full Grunil without breaking set bonuses , now.

Mortuest likes this.
  11. Brae

I know this is a dated post but I'm relatively new to the game (about a month in) and your guide is NOT for "new" players. ...

"Early on, if you are considering using a PRI or +0 high grade accessory (50m+ base), there is usually a better higher enhanced item that is cheaper so sell the high grade accessory (ex: sell Ogre ring and buy a DUO Shultz Necklace)"

HUH? I've picked up a lot in this game, but I think this is more of a "Guide for players that are stuck with low AP and want to find a boost" or something, this is beyond overload for a true "new" player. I just got my first awakening today and this guide is like reading an equation.

Thanks for the effort, but it isn't as simple perhaps as you would have thought. (compare this to a doctor giving and INTRO to 'Basic Anatomy', and they continue to refer to everything in scientific/latin terms -- you'll get lost FAST).

12. Malkontent

Never go for tri greens. Go straight for asulas duo greens and start saving for dande, kzarka/offin, kutum, bhegs, dim tree, urugons, griffon/giath in that order. I recommend buying weapons at tri and armor at pri/duo. Smash armor for accessory stacks. Congratulations on being new in the easiest era of bdo to get boss gear.

13. Malkontent

Oh and wandering rogues elite rotation is your friend

14. Supaserg86

being a 3 week old noob, lvl 56 stuck at 121 ap and very little silver this guide will be really helpful. guess id better get to grinding helms/rogues/abandoned iron mine etc