1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Updated 1st June] New Black Star Weapon Guide (From Test Server, as a Witch)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Jannanomana, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Jaeger

Thanks god didnt sell the whole boss kists xD now i can go for the new one ^^

2. Markonius

Wow, very great work here

Thank you very much !

---

From what I see, this item is most likely a weaker version of Kzarka with max Caphras.

Black Star has a wider AP range on each hit, which may actually balance things out with Kzarka.
    And we can notice that Kzarka actually has +2 additionnal damages (which is actually pretty irrelevant)

So Kzarka having +2 on hit damages. But Black Star having way more PvE damages (+48 on PEN) which is actually a lot. That's a TRI Kutum.

So in the end, Black Star definitly has more damages for PvE from afar. But actually has the same impact in PvP.

I think they may be introducing this new red rarity as a way to actually raise the PvE content ceiling thro this added AP against monster. Without impacting the PvP balance in any way.

On the future we may expect PvE content actually requiring Red quality gear, which will require way more investment than what we have to spend for Yellow gear. But since Red gear doesn't provide anymore PvP bonus than a Yellow gear, it wont be harder for new players to catch up in PvP scenes, since they can build Yellow quality and exactly match the Red rarity

---

I don't know if it is an error or anything, but on the PEN comparison of Kzarka / Offin / Black Star. Black Star is actually having + 3% Attack Speed and not + 3 Attack Speed, which is pretty much different. This could actually be a hugh difference as this is a verr hard to get stat compared to AP.

#42 Markonius, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  3. Erik_1101

What is needed to craft one of the blackstones for Blackstar, a sharp+ hard and what is the third item? :O

it says "1 pure magic mass" on bdocodex >.>
    https://bdocodex.com/kr/item/752021/

4. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

the 3rd item you can drop in Star Graves, or Craft in Altinova (takes 2 days with a decent worker per stone)

5. MaximusG

This conclusion must have been come to under the assumption that everything people fight in BDO is a scarecrow. Damage against players vs damage against monsters vs damage against a specific species.... different allocations of attack speed and crit which would change gem layouts, accuracy your assumption is these things mean nothing and therefor won't effect performances. Caphras enhancement vs raw sheet AP. I mean but you assume everything fought is a scarecrow so just put on 2 different weapons and cast the same spell and see which one does higher damage and that one is conclusively the "better" weapon. It's as simple as that in your mind is it? Stop reporting fake news because you're too lazy to do some real number crunching. I know everybody has the power to and they abuse it to report fake news these days but you don't have to be a part of the problem.

#45 MaximusG, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
  6. mega_milk

Thanks for the guide, Janna.

Not sure if I want to bother, but considering the weapon itself is questable, I might just build it up on the side as a long-term goal. Not really looking forward to those TET+ rates and potential Cron stone costs though...

Here are some PICS of the new weapons.

And according to the guy who made this video (in the comments), the PRI+ purple stone is acquired in most of the same ways as sharp shards, and he also mentions "nodes" and "daily quest," so it looks like there are a number of options.

7. Jaeger

the new weapons on dk,zerk and mystic/striker looks awesome

8. Telefondude

Do the bosses from Darkrifts drop the item or the boxes ? can i prepare in either stacking boxes or 12 bosses ?

9. KampersOwnedYou

When is this black star weapon going to come out in Eu?

10. Jannanomana

next week.

KampersOwnedYou likes this.
  11. Telefondude

Do the bosses from Darkrifts drop the item or the boxes ? can i prepare in either stacking boxes or 12 bosses ?

12. Jannanomana

as already told in the general discussion.

YES!, dont make darkrifts now, stack them up, let them open

Things u can do for preparation

1. Buy 3x Kzarka/Nouver/Kutum/Dande +0 (goodluck with that, kzarka,nouver,kutum +0 are sold out on EU)
    2. Finish new Media storyline and the Mediah Sidequest of the Legendary Blacksmith
    3. Get some failstacks/valks stacks (Attendance rewards/events)
    4. Get ~20 Concentrated Weapon stones (Will be sold out next week)
    5. Get a few Mem fragments (Will likely be sold out too)
    6. Stack up Dark Rifts 8+ recommended

13. Amp8D

Thinking about rerolling soon. When you complete the quest does it make a box or Matt that would enable you to create the BS on a character other than the one you quested on?

#53 Amp8D, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  14. Jannanomana

no box, you get the weapon explicit (as you see in one of the screenshot, the Black Star Staff is in the quest reward) , i have no idea if this is a family quest or if u can obtain blackstar on multiply chars. Cause i am a player that never used alting/twinks. So i am the wrong person to answer that question :)

But i doubt you can exchange it without spending pearls -> Weapon Exchange Coupon

15. Amp8D

Thanks

Will probably try getting to that point and turning the quest in on the new character. Don’t want to reroll my L62 with Zaka until after since the quest would probably be easier. If I have to coupon 1 mh is still better than 2.

16. Wodur

Tulem is now offering the quest line, The legendary blacksmiths. On the character I did it on she had only done the old mediah quest line and not any of the newer ones.
    Hope it helps. :)

17. FantasPT

FantasPT Mystic 62 EU

Can we use Flawless Magical Black Stone to 100% enhance the black star weapon?

18. Jannanomana

on test server u could. but maybe they fixxed it. cause some people was like "why we can use yellow stone on orange item"... but u can also use it on burned kutum/nouver...

so dont know if they fix the "bug"

19. Equalness

Hi, thanks a lot for the time and effort you put into this guide.

I have a question though: When heating 3 boss weapons, do they have to be different (main/awakening/sub)? Also, does it matter which class they are? Thank you in advance.

20. DynamicZ

Blackstar vs Kzarka

Duo Black Star
    Max Roll: 92 | Min Roll off target: 48 | - 0 doesnt count cause miss.
    [​IMG]

Tet Kzarka
    Max Roll: 93 | Min Roll off target: 50 | - 0 doesnt count cause miss.
    [​IMG]

Conclusion: Tet Kzarka is only a little bit better then Duo Blackstar -
    [/QUOTE]

Will we get the Damage numbers aswell? Or its just the Testserver or some kind of plugin?