1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updates

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by AmbientSoda, Aug 13, 2017.

1. AmbientSoda

Hi all

I'm wondering how people feel about the current updates coming out and how they will be selective for the European and in general Western servers?

I mean being able to AFK leave your character training at a scarecrow to level up seems like something that we should all have access to, and wouldn't it be so cool to see your character using the skills you've learnt as well?

Also the K/D statistics are interesting, if not confusing due to the BDO teams poor choice of key colouring.

Check it out at https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/446?lang=en ..and feel free to post your thoughts here.

2. MadFable

I for one am excited for this training dummy exp thing. Really hope they do it, as I get older I find less time to grind for exp, so this would be a nice filler.

RoakOriginal likes this.
  3. Sawarru

All I want is dance emote

XanderHayes, Ellevria and Shibou like this.
  4. prymortal

prymortal Sorceress 61 NA

hypothetically your wish might already be in the works..... all i can say

5. woots

I hope it do also give skill exp, otherwise that's not going to be that interesting

RoakOriginal and Hakazumi like this.
  6. AmbientSoda

You getting too old for grinding? ...Well, I just think it will be a great addition to the games AFK gameplay mechanic; and really help players reach the levels they want to and simply enjoy the game!

XanderHayes likes this.
  7. 6footgeeks

I think youre right, i remember something being mentioned, maybe in the last oasis festival.Id also love interactive emotes like LOTRO, tickling people, slapping people. stuff like that

oh and playing instruments with ones own tune.

8. iller

RNG > Gear grinding > Class > Acc/Evade loadout > skill points > RNG resists > RadarMap awareness > IRL Wallet >Fitness > Potion/Food buffs > GuildBuffs > raw combat Level > Player Ability ... in that order

disclaimer: "player ability" is only for le' meme purposes

Vanwaros likes this.
  9. Visnja

Sawarru and iller like this.
  10. Petruvius

Petruvius Wizard NA

The only update we need besides Kamasylvia is for the in-game report function to actually work.

11. Dark Eus

yeah! hell yeah! finaly they add afk xp :D ty vm! now its fair!

12. Stabby

Guild history actually working would be nice...

XanderHayes likes this.
  13. zeezero

Looks like some interesting things on the horizon, but you need to buff Valencia or do something about the Sausans xp/money disparity.

14. Kalara

Buff the sharp/hard?

I mean our version gets 15,000+ new players easy from the steam launch. That's 15,000+ potential players buying and selling sharps and hards but we all know a player doesn't just need a single sharp/hard and off they go ready for anything. If players are smart they won't sell their assets on the market, so that leaves not much of an actual direct market for them.

I grind an hour a day straight for sharps and hard gathering and most days I come out with 0. I find the fact that people are like "just buy jewelry to melt and you will get all the sharps that you need" pretty annoying considering this is not the primary way people are suppose to receive these and well ya sure you will get some but for 3-4 times the price. (I use magic tool, food buffs, gm blessing, w.e I can use to maximize my drop rate)

And well even if I do get lucky and drop 1 or 2, its not like im going to TRI/TET anything on the first try. Everyone should expect it to fail, thats the first rule of enchanting. (that and having a back-up i guess) Sure I can get incredibly lucky and TRI/TET/PEN or even DUO everything on the first attempts but that's highly unlikely. So I'm going to need more than 1 or 2....

I also farm but that gives me a very inconsistent result, I'm using 5 large farms going to get more as I start burning more contribution but still..

15. ZeroLegion

agreed

16. AmbientSoda

Are you implying that my suggestion questions my own and general player ability? Grinding has been a massive issue for those that simply want to level up to gain access to PVP and guilds and the story; I think AFK levelling would really help user experience of the game; and personally think its an opportunity to allow players ways to interact with the game; for example other than using a training dummy in game, mini games or even a mobile phone app could really keep players interested.

17. Spartakatz

are you aware that plenty of skills add like 25% damage at lv60/61 ranks? that's like going from 200 to 250 AP.