1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users got banned for false accusation after March 27 Maintenance

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Elims, Mar 27, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elims

I'm a steam user of the game Black Desert Online. My family name in the EU server is Elims. After the weekly maintenance today, my account has been permanently banned for the reason that I don't know. I haven't played much the Shadow Arena and neither have I used any hacking/ cheating program.

I have contacted the customer service but the answer is not satisfying and seems to be only a copy/paste answer from ticket to ticket. Indeed, there are many people who are in the same situation as mine. They are all steam users who have been banned for the reason that they have abused the game by using 3rd party programs that grand unfair advantage in some activities of the game, which they claim to be a wrong accusation. More information could be found in this official forum posts.

Considering the current situation that there are many users who are abusing the game using trial accounts granted during the event. I appreciate Kakao's effort to resolve the phenomenon in order to improve the quality of the service. However, a wrong accusation under any circumstance is not acceptable and tolerable, I and other players have spent lots of time and money in the game (in thousand hours and hundred bucks to be precise), but above all the most important thing is the bonds we have with other players in many activities of the game.

So I'm writing this post to raise more awareness of Kakao about this issue. If I were to make a decision that I would continue using your service, at least I have the rights to know which software was actually the cause of this decision.

I know that there are also many people have the same problem, so please gather in this post and raise our voice together so that Kakao would take this issue more seriously. Once you're an innocent player affected by the ban wave, please provide the following information so that we could lead the discussion and make our request explanatory.

1) Your family name
    2) The server you're playing
    3) Are you a Steam user?
    4) All number of the ticket that you sent and the replies you receive from Kakao

Example for my case:

1) Family name: Elims
    2) Server: EU
    3) Steam user: Yes
    4) Ticket numbers: 899237, 899265, and 898670

All answers received:

"Greetings,

The use of third-party software impacting the game directly is extremely damaging both to our business and to the integrity of the game, as such its use will not be tolerated. After an investigation into your account, we have been able to verify the use of such software and have concluded to permanently close your account's access to our services.

We are not considering overturning any actions taken against players using third-party software and the decision to permanently restrict access to the game on this account is final.

You can find further reading regarding this matter on our Terms of Use.

Regards,"

Notice #1: For those who are affected but haven't submitted any ticket, you can use the link below to submit a ticket and wait for the supposedly serious answer from Kakao's customer service:

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=93739

Notice #2: Everyone! please give your ticket numbers so that if any non-appropriate actions from Kakao would happen and we actually have to do the dispute via legal or other means of action. Your ticket numbers as well as the email are the proofs for how unprofessional Kakao handles the issue. I'm also making a spreadsheet that records all of the affected players here for this cause.

Notice #3: The purpose of this thread is not to disrupt Kakao's business or cause any damage and I'm not the representative for the affected players here. I only want to show that there are indeed something wrong with the ban wave and the issue should be resolved officially and thoroughly. Everyone makes mistake so the people might be tolerant to wait for rightfully correction. So please be patient and give the company time to figure out and fix the issue.

Notice #4: The list of supposedly falsely banned players could be founded in the link below and updated gradually

(has been taken down due to further updates in the situation)

Notice #5: To others who have been affected yet, you might be the next one to be in our shoes, so please help bump this thread up.

# Update on the situation:

So the GM team has already taken some action. Some bans have been lifted, but there are still people being banned. I hope that the GM team is working on it right now. Still we're looking for an official apology from Kakao about this issue and their confirmation that this would not happen again in the future.

Moreover, due to this issue, the spreadsheet is no longer reliable due to the updated status, so I would leave it that way until everything is settled. Guys! please check your email and be patient! just give them sometime to fix the issue.

# Update 2 on the situation:

So the representative of Kakao has raised the voice about this issue, which could be found in the link below

https://community.blackdesertonline...te-on-follow-up-measures.428601/#post-2030571

Yet many innocent players are still being banned and they are still getting automatic response from the customer support of Kakao. While it seems that the cheat/hack situation in SA hasn't improved much. For the time being, I highly recommend that you guys shouldn't play SA because you might either encounter cheaters or being banned for GM's mistake.

For the people who are still being banned, I'm still following the situation and would keep this thread alive until the just act has been taken. Hope that you would get unbanned soon.

# Update 3 on the situation:

So they just checked everything up and ban a bunch of other players, some of whom turn out to be innocent just like most of the people here. The details could be found here:

https://community.blackdesertonline...te-on-follow-up-measures.428601/#post-2030571

Update 30th March:

With our recent attempts to combat the prevalent use of third party software, we attempted to strengthen our criteria to provide a better environment for our adventurers. However, many accounts were incorrectly banned due to an error in the data. We unbanned the ones we initially verified on 28th March and have been reviewing the full data since then.

After finishing the full review and data verification, we have taken the following actions:

1. Removed the permanent ban on the falsely flagged accounts that were newly discovered by our investigation.
    2. Applied a permanent ban to additional 376 accounts.
    We understand that our mistake has caused high amounts of stress and we sincerely apologise for the error. We promise to improve our internal procedures to prevent such issues. Compensation to all wrongly affected adventurers will be sent shortly, and again, we are deeply sorry for the confusion and inconvenience that we have caused.

-BDO Team

# Update 4 on the situation:

There are also some articles and Youtube clips about this issue, just raise our voice together and urge Kakao to change their management method.

https://www.mmorpg.com/black-desert-online/news/black-desert-community-in-an-uproar-over-shadow-arena-hackers-and-false-bans-1000052006

https://massivelyop.com/2019/03/29/black-deserts-big-banwave-this-week-apparently-had-more-than-a-few-false-positives/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/582660/discussions/0/1768134097431973073/

# Important Quotes

#1 Elims, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  2. User7456

1) Family name: Rinavia
    4) Ticket numbers: 899119

Reply:

[​IMG]

NiaouCat, fluidtv, Dusk20 and 2 others like this.
  3. Devase

1: Khoenix
    2: North America
    3: No
    4: 898717

same automated responses

4. DGates

1) F.-Name: Gatebreacher
    3) Steam: Yes
    4) Tickets: 898667, 899131, 899194

Only automated responses.

5. RoxiAmbrosia

1. Family Name: RoxiAmbrosia
    2. Server: North America
    3. Platform: Steam User
    4. Ticket: #898984 Llyrad / #899334 Dresden

- no 3rd party software
    - no exploits
    - never hacked, cheated, or botted
    - never entered Shadow Arena
    - no Trial account (Bought BDO in January 2018)
    - never played other games while playing BDO
    - never knowingly teamed up with cheaters/hackers either

I don't fish, I don't grind, I use AFK training dummies, and I have -never- used shadow arena.

I am a life skiller. That's it.

EDIT they closed my ticket and I can't reply to it anymore. Second ticket opened. #899334

EDIT2: To anyone who doesn't know how to submit a ticket here is the link: https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/

Update: Dresden just responded to my second ticket with the exact same response everyone else is getting. I don't know what else to do - no one is listening.

EDIT 3/27 127pm PST - I am still banned, still hoping for updates. Don't lose hope guys, don't give up on us.

#5 RoxiAmbrosia, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Darby, NiaouCat, SixFires and 4 others like this.
  6. Alex 4

1) Family name: Dunloop
    2) Server: NA
    4) Ticket numbers: 898726, 899024

All answers received:

"Greetings,

The use of third-party software impacting the game directly is extremely damaging both to our business and to the integrity of the game, as such its use will not be tolerated. After an investigation into your account, we have been able to verify the use of such software and have concluded to permanently close your account's access to our services.

We are not considering overturning any actions taken against players using third-party software and the decision to permanently restrict access to the game on this account is final.

Regards,"

7. xSpoTT

1) Your family name : Shaniju
    2) The server you're playing : European Union
    3) Are you a Steam user? Yes
    4) Tickets: 898547 but only automated responses

fluidtv, Dusk20, Dudeskio and 2 others like this.
  8. Sadistic Cuddler

1) Family Name: Duncovi
    3) Steam: Yes
    4) Tickets: 898731

Responded with:

"Greetings,

Regards,"

9. Noctemis

1) Family name: Noctemis
    4) Ticket number: 898672

Reply in Spanish and English (its the same...):

Saludos, aventurero!

¡Aquí GM Becker respondiendo a tu llamamiento! Haré todo lo posible por ayudarte hoy como tu leal escudero. ¡A tu servicio! ¿Empezamos?

El uso de software de terceros que afecta directamente al juego es extremadamente dañino tanto para nuestros intereses como para la integridad del juego, por lo tanto su uso no será tolerado bajo ningún concepto. Tras investigar tu cuenta, hemos podido verificar el uso de dicho software y hemos procedido a cerrar permanentemente tu cuenta y bloquear el acceso a nuestros servicios.

No se considerará ningún posible cambio sobre las acciones tomadas contra los jugadores que hayan utilizado software de terceros. La decisión de restringir de forma permanente el acceso al juego en esta cuenta es definitiva.

And English:

Greetings,

10. RESoul

1) Family name: RESoul
    3) Steam user: NO
    4) Ticket number: 899156

Ban Reason
    Permanent account ban notice

Greetings,

At Kakao Games, our primary goal is to unite our players and create a world that can promote a positive community. BDO is that world, and we strive to make it a fun and safe environment for everyone. Unfortunately, this means it is often necessary for our team to perform account actions whenever the Terms of Use (ToU) is violated or player's actions potentially impact the experience of other players in a negative way.

Our logs show that you have used an in-game exploit to play the game in a way it is not supposed to be played, which gives you an unfair advantage over other players

Responded with:

Hi there.

GM Kaioken here.

The use of third-party software impacting the game directly is extremely damaging both to our business and to the integrity of the game, as such it's use will not be tolerated. After investigation into your account, we have been able to verify the use of such software and have concluded to permanently close your accounts access to our services.

We are not considering overturning any actions taken against players using third-party software and the decision to permanently restrict access to the game on this account is final. If you wish to play Black Desert Online in a legitimate manner, you are free to sign up and purchase a clean account.

11. StarBlade

1. Viseon
    2. North America
    3. Steam User
    4. #898991 , #898723

I attempted to log in this morning to continue my adventure with my new fairy. Client tells me that my account is permanently banned, with no reason. Never have I, nor will I use 3rd party software that I have been charged with. Please make this great wrong right.

"

GM LlyradToday at 13:39
    Greetings,

Regards,

GM Llyrad

Game Master

Our knowledge base is regularly updated and contains a lot of useful articles.
    They can help to answer many common questions and save you from having to wait on a response from a Game Master.
    "

I received this every time I tried to get an answer as to what happened.

12. TIT/\N

1) Family name: Titanic_Oath
    4) Ticket number: 899123,899231

13. Allysaurus Wrecks

1) Family name: Dinowrecks
    4) Ticket number: 899132, 899181, 899071, 899315

14. Hinowa

1) Family name: LagPanda
    3) Steam user: NO
    4) Ticket number: 898519

Greetings,

Kind regards,

GM Salome

English/Polish Game Master

They can help to answer many common questions and save you from having to wait on a response from a Game Master.
    Check out des teeth! [​IMG] ... I mean links!

Permanent account ban notice
    Greetings,

At Kakao Games, our primary goal is to unite our players and create a world that can promote a positive community. BDO is that world, and we strive to make it a fun and safe environment for everyone. Unfortunately, this means it is often necessary for our team to perform account actions whenever the Terms of Use (ToU) is violated or player's actions potentially impact the experience of other players in a negative way.

Our logs show that you have used an in-game exploit to play the game in a way it is not supposed to be played, which gives you an unfair advantage over other players.

This is a violation of our Terms of Use as following:

12.1.4. Use of Exploits

The User shall immediately report any process or action(s) which, when performed in the Game, allow the User to play the Game in a way it was not intended to be played by game design (hereinafter, an “Exploit”).

The User shall never attempt to reproduce an Exploit, except for the purpose of providing the reproduction steps to customer support of Kakao Games Europe.
    Any benefit acquired from the direct or indirect action of Exploiting shall be reversed if deemed necessary by Kakao Games Europe.

To ensure the safety and positive environment of the community, we are now permanently banning your Black Desert Online account.

Please note that you will not be able to send a reply to this notification email. If you wish to contact the Customer Support, you can do so through our Support Portal.

However, due to the severity of the ToU Violation in your case, we will not be reconsidering or overturning your ban, and any appeals will be denied.

Best regards,

The BDO Team

fluidtv, Dusk20, RoxiAmbrosia and 2 others like this.
  15. memo 2

Family Name: Shirikura
    server: EU
    Steam?: yes
    Ticket number: 899179,899108

16. kancel0

1) Family name: Koyoma
    2) server: NA
    3) Steam User: No
    4) Ticket number: 899007

[​IMG]

17. acelogic

1. SilentSorceress
    2.EU
    3.Steam User
    4.#899193 #899142
    Logged in after the maintenance just to see my account has been permanently banned with no explanation or email. Contacted support for answers but their reply was the same. Havent used sa,fishbot-speedhack or any 3rd program party. We need an answer please.

GM Llyrad
    (Black Desert Online)

Mar 27, 22:34 CET

Greetings,

Regards,

GM Llyrad

Game Master

Check out des teeth! ... I mean links!

18. Rdela

1) Family name: Tegoon
    4) Ticket numbers: 3

edit: 3 tickets auto-responsed.

19. Silvarean

1) Family name: Silvarean
    4) Ticket number: 898824 (no answer yet)

- no 3rd party software
    - no exploits
    - never hacked, cheated, or botted
    - never entered Shadow Arena
    - no Trial account (have been active on this account since Dec 27, 2017; game bought on Dec 21, 2017)
    - never played other Steam games while playing BDO
    - never knowingly teamed up with cheaters/hackers either

fluidtv, Dusk20, Dudeskio and 2 others like this.
  20. Elims

Ok, it's getting hot guys, just show them how serious the Problem they have created is and that they really have a real issue with their working ethics. We'll not let this go that easily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.