1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using cron stones for PEN at 101fs.. bad idea?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by PulseQ8, Oct 19, 2018.

1. PulseQ8

I know it is generally believed that the cap fs for PEN is 124, but how bad is it if I start using cron stones from 101fs? Is it a waste?

2. Rysingmoon

I don't think so. But there are pros and cons. If you have a few spare billions, each one gives you a "free" attempt, without risk but without also increasing the chance of the next attempt if it fails.

At least, with a few billions you safe a lot of time and hassles re-building your degraded TET (now TRI) to TET again. And you know, re-building a TRI to TET starts with getting a DUO - you know that game. If you have the resources to re-build and also have the time, the costs for the rebuild are probably somewhat lower than 1065 cron stones, in average (does mean, you may be unlucky and waste a lot).

3. Bellus_Puella

my opinion is that the % chance to PEN is pretty low even if you attempt at whatever the max stack is so if you got the resources to PEN, then just go for it

you'll either be lucky, give DJules a run for his money, or get PEN somewhere in between

4. Sandpit_

I have a similar problem, 108 fs, we also have Valks' Cry now so that helps

5. shidoxen

108 is a good stack. You can push the stack a bit more if you wanted to, but your success chance % increase will not be huge.

Best thing to keep in mind, and I know this is poor advice. RNG is RNG.

I personally made it to 243fs before I had my first PEN pop. But i know more than a few who have landed it at like 80-100fs range.

Crons or not, all comes down to that roll of the dice. :9

6. Janus

It comes down to what you "believe" to be the probability cap and how much you believe each fs increases the probability before that. The above posts are probably right that each fs means only a tiny increase in chance and 108 or 124 doesn't change a lot.
    I personally think that yellow gear is not capped at 124 but somewhere higher (I am guessing around 150-200) and that each fs makes very little difference but 50 more or less should be noticeable. As a result of this belief I bring my PEN stacks up to 160+ before switching to crons.

7. Yuusayn

Any stack can be a PEN stack with cron stones

8. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

There is no cap, but there is RNG, the chances of getting PEN at lets say for example 70fs (hypothetically lets say its 3%) and 124fs (is probably like 5%) is not much. The % number is probably even smaller than I hypothetically mentioned, but you get the idea, its in tens of a percent... so yeah.. go for it.

9. Shayniiah

Shayniiah MissArchreaper Witch 62 EU

I cron stoned my Dandy at 65 and got my PEN at my very first attempt. FS is honestly a meme. You do you.