1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valencia questline Ruined

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Gleeba, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Ungvi

Yeah, it's all my fault dude. I take full responsibility for this nerf. Excuse me now, while I go swipe my credit card and play my game. You can keep arguing your point here.

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Strange that you do not see that it is in pearl abyss/ Kakao best interest for people to repeat these quests because the more free failstacks they give the more likely people will enhance and then need costumes for melting to protect the more desirable higher enhances. My goodness you need to open you eyes and turn on your brain so that you can actually see the big picture. Why do you think they give players such easy access to failstacks?

jrs1 likes this.
  3. Khondo

I will probably still make the new characters every now and again to run through. As now with the contribution changes, I can once again see my bar move after completing quests. I use a level 49 toon to move crates, so using this toon every so often is no big loss.

PS And yes I know cooking is the best way to get contribution, but I would prefer to play the game instead of going semi afk.

Mjollnir likes this.
  4. crosspath

BUT SURELY HOARDING CP ITEMS FOR MONTHS CAUSE YOU WILL GET HIGHER CP GAINS MONTHS LATER IS NOT AN EXPLOIT ISN'T IT?

Passing the highest CP guy that bursted his ass grinding CP with 1/4th of the effort cause company sucks... Same happened with trading.

But let's ruin the way 1/1000th of the population gets failstack with... Cause this is definitely more OP than someone getting 58 CPs in 10 mins.

Such a joke of a company...

PS: I don't do Valencia 1, but this is ridiculous. Only for the money.

#44 crosspath, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  5. Andaro

Ambassador

Commentaries on changes to the game are always crucial to development, but in all honesty some of y'all have veered away from such a discussion and are now just concocting wild theories that are way beyond reasonable.

Let's be clear, there is a significant difference between intentionally creating characters and deleting them just to "re-run" something in exponential amounts, and most of the other things mentioned here.

A great Product Manager once said it best "when deciding what is and is not exploitive, consider - is it right that I am doing this? Is this the way the game was meant to be played?". Under her wiseful thoughts, I can conclude that no, it was not meant for players to continuously create and delete characters to rerun a short questline en masse for a particular reward.

Phoenixxx75 and Ungvi like this.
  6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Hmm, how about creating and deleting characters to failstack and dodge the pearl shop requirement of buying blacksmith books above +50?
    Cause all this effects is peoples failstacking method. And now mine may be in jeopardy.

7. Jenrenegade

There was a streamer actually showing this on his stream, making a character to just run the quest line and then deleting that toon. Yeah it sucks, but suck it up, at least they fixed it

8. Agmoa

Yeah so I have the 30K title and you can't run quests on a char and then delete it, cos guess what? the quests are also deleted, you keep CP and items you move off the char but quests and fame go poof, so pls stop talking about **** you don't know about, grinding the 55 valencia quest line was leveling a char to 55 about 40-50 minutes solo then the valencia questline is about 3 hours, so like 4 hours for 5x20 AoV 3x30 AoV and 1X50 AoV and 10-20 mil silver, so yeah it's was just a alternative way to get some fail stacks that you could run 3-4 times a week

seanas likes this.
  9. Gleeba

what? your quests dont stay after char deletion? how are you supposed to get 30k with a finite amount of char slots available, unless you go around doing all the **** pointless quests too. if you completed a quest it should add to the number imo.

Tbh they ruined it, i rlly hate PA for this, all the whales in this thread can go such a chode for all i care

I think if they are gonna **** our quest, they can at least add more rewards to it so its more worth it to spend like 5 or 6 hours or whatever it is now to do it. cause I'm still gonna do it, still beats paying for fs, but people forget also, that the Mediah questline has calpheon as a prerequisite too, so its not just mediah added to the time but calph too, so they basically just made it so you have to do nearly the entire main quest. dumb, maybe it would be ok if the quests were fun? well made? engaging? but BDO quests couldn't be further from any of those descriptors

We have Valencia 2 questline, probably the most unanimously hated quest in the game, now its annoying as ****, gives **** all, apart from CP. Maybe PA can capitalize on this and add something somewhat rewarding to the questline. I did that **** once, never again, **** afuaru and zombadi. Its one of the worst designed quests in a game that ive ever seen, at least make that worth doing.

Its still pretty clear PA doesn't give a **** tho. its fine, I'm not supporting them anymore, I'm not gonna quit over this, but **** giving them money. Being a returning adventurer is nice with so many free pearl items lol

Edit: yeah i know its possible to do 30k without deleting just wondering how you actually do that, cuase i was just gonna sesh main quests on loads of chars, but if its deleting quests with your char then ill have to rethink i guess

10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

LOL. It seems its one of those quests where you have to whale it...Typical.
    So they nerf a method of fail stacking, sell Advice in the Pearl shop, and locked the 30,000 quests behind a paywall. Genius.

11. Agmoa

Yeah it takes like 14-15 char slots, maybe one less if you scrape every quests, including cooking and alchemy, BUT new zones add like 2-300 quests so it gets "easier" over time needing less and less slots, also 40k should be possible with the 19 slots we have now.

12. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Lol, Move along nothing to see here. Just another P2W game destroying it's non-P2W mechanics to convert people to using the P2W mechanic. I personally see nothing alarming about this. Just another day in the P2W office.

You don't like it? Then just quit! Whining about such things from such games are meaningless, and serves no purpose.

Life2v and Kynreaa like this.
  13. Khondo

Getting 30K quest completion just requires 15+ character slots and running each toon through the BS questline and doing most quest hubs along the way. I have made this and still have many quests to do for the extra contribution. You can get the extra character slots via Loyalty (as I did), but yes it will take some time, but so does completing 30k quests.

14. Vortexii

Didn't you just burn your own argument and self incriminate yourself as having no valid point?

You are either completely lying or completely failing......... pick one.

15. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

holy crap they should have done this ages ago. just be thankful for the fail stacks you got.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  16. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Um you know you can still get the fail stacks. It just takes 10 times longer is all. But don't forget to spend $1000s on loot boxes to get those sweet PEN stacks, effortlessly.

17. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

i've been given enough PEN stacks without buying boxes. >.>

And sure if you wanna do all the main story quests for like 9 stacks of various levels go ahead. I'm not hating, at least it shows dedication lol

18. Vortexii

The answer is simple. If you look at the core design and functionality of the game there is only one answer. This was a positive change for the health of the game. The correct mechanism for obtaining stacks is the normal gather/enchant process or grinding items to gain fail stacks.

The tactics of running this quest was simply abusive.

However, it's still quite an Irony. This is BAD for the game because it circumvents and devalues playing the game. However, the entire cash shop circumvents and devalues playing the game. And lets not forget, the cash shop DOES NOT need to do that.

I just wonder, when they will FIX that issue.

Phoenixxx75 and Fearless V like this.
  19. TeRRoRibleOne

To be fair, Valencia 1 is literally the only questline in this entire game worth doing. The rewards for doing any of the others is complete and utter garbage. Had they actually taken the time to maybe change the rewards of the other ones maybe more people would want to do them. But they haven't because they are lazy. The rewards suck for every single questline but Valencia 1.

20. LeCordonBleu

What's the full on rage about? Explain to me why making prerequisites for Valencia questline is a bad thing. Do other games let you jump to the end-game storyline quests by completely skipping the earlier ones? Just be honest, you're just mad you can't get your sweet failstacks as easily anymore.