1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valencia Siege Issues - NA [3/24/18]

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Aethon, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Valkyon

2. Shirolicious

Good that you managed to identify an issue and hopefully you got enough information gathered to truly fix things.
    I don't think its fair that you are handing out payouts all of a sudden though. This exact **** happened at EU as well with Sovereign being pushed out and there you didnt care.

So, who of you GMs is in ManUp or in the attacking guilds?

3. The_Lord

lmfao dude you are so salty

4. Jeoul

Agree with others, so what about when this happened in EU twice - edit my bad THREE times?

#144 Jeoul, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Tansie likes this.
  5. Draggun

I don't really like ManUp but if I were them I would be extremely pissed for losing the siege in such a stupid way. You guys need to think for a moment, imagine if you had played the game for months and months, invested a lot of real money and when you go to have some fun in the siege you get "Disconnected from server".

Kakao had huge profits with BDO last year and they had put pretty much ZERO investment back into the game, do they have such low confidence in the quality of their product that it's not worth a cent of investment?

Kiri- and Tansie like this.
  6. Fizex

What it comes down to, is that it is FREE for them to give away in game currency or "HUSH" events in order to qualm the masses and continue making money with 0.... absolutely 0 money invested back into the game. Why would they spend real world money to :"FIX" something when they can just shove 30% region tax down guilds throats and make them hush, or bring lahn or the change to accessories next week. Who would care at that point right?

Kiri- and Tansie like this.
  7. YajStylez

ManUp is part of the siege monitoring team and DDOS confirm. All participants noticed how the lag suddenly stopped after ManUp's fort went down? But yes, still shyt servers regardless.

8. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

I watched Lacari's stream and honestly I've had the exact same sh*t state servers in both node wars and siege.

The thing is though, kakao has finally acknowacknowledged it. And if Kakao are acknowledging that the servers are bad and giving compensation out for it, then I swear to god if some sort of fix doesnt come out to just TRY and stop this happening again, I will f*cking rage and protest as loud as I can and go to every big mmo website encouraging them to tell people about the state of this terrible game.

THE LAG IS NOT A ONE TIME THING!

They only care about bad press. So make as much fuss as you can and they might finally change something. Honestly I hope someone organises a protest for NA and EU and that it doesnt stop until real changes are made. The servers are not playable. You can't keep ignoring this like you ignore every other issue with the game (including the other many issues with siege). The "pvp" in this game is getting worse and worse as the game goes on.

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  9. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

actually if zerging down the servers to show the servers can't handle it, that may be a valid option.

in all truth, the game was supposed to be designed to handle the largest scale sieges in mmo history. As it is apparent that they can not, then that is a problem. So perhaps active streaming of sieges, and showing them break, is what it would take to show the developers just how bad the problem really is.

If the only way to prove the point that the servers cannot handle the population and attendance that sieges see, is to play them just as they were advertised, that may not be a bad option.

So more streaming.
    More zergs.
    More attendance.
    Push the content to the breaking point (legitimately by playing and attending)
    Perhaps then, when this happens everytime, maybe something will happen, either good or bad.

One of two things will happen.
    Either they will find and fix the problems, or they will loose on it.

And if the devs want to move us towards Global Sieges, it is going to have to be fixed.

So when the next Val Siege is due, I hope every dam guild on NA plants a fort right on the doorstep of that castle, and everyone there with trumpets and bells on, and streaming live.

PS. In a game long ago, when castle siege was as popular as it is here, our servers crashed before we finally saw results. Too many people.

#149 Andaro, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  10. CookieNite

It's also happening in EU, and not just in Valencia, but also in Mediah, so get your stuff together already.

11. Wakawaka

Is that you Lacari?

12. IncendarGaming

I used to be a pleeb and lifeskill 20 hours a week for 1 b ,

Now all I have to do is place on manup and get 5-10b guild funds in a hour thx!!!!

Dunkleosteus likes this.
  13. Mengsk

This has been going on for a year, ever since people were pulling 8+ guilds to fight FML+Vertex+BR on regions and castles. When it got real bad for a month in a row, lots of siege players quit. You didn't make a noise. Our payment for stirring up the biggest fights on the server was constant crashing on Saturdays, and no comment from the publisher or the devs. But now that it happens on Twitch...

14. Judaism

Judaism Theology Warrior 61 EU

It boils down to the siege changes they made back in November 2017, it was perfectly addressed back then with sufficient attention. But they simply have ignored the issues per usual and now it occurs nearly every week.

15. The Curse

wtf are you talking about? ManUp is the only guild that puts money in the game? and they go mercing all the time, the real pvp isnt node war , open world pvp is the real fun, and its really crappy how those guilds went there to shut down ManUp but the GM got their back basically saying even if they lose they win , and who is to say if ManUp losses again the GMs wont just give them tax payout equivalent to 30 percent of the Valencia regions taxes (which im sure there is no cart to defend) without the playerbase knowing, i didnt even think the GMs would ever give silver like this but now they seem shady.

16. Kiri-

No you don't.

Life2v, Reigne Irkalla and Jeoul like this.
  17. Hypotermia

Please....

What is kakaos siege team smoking? I want that too. Yeah sure on EU side we didnt get disconnected from siege but was that actually playing the game? :D No it wasnt.

Ruberbanding, desyncin, lagging so that nothing happens is not playing this game. Only reason atm why im not part of siege scene is because of this one reason. Servers, connection OR WHAT EVER IS THE REASON cannot handle more than 50-100 players on same spot after that gaming expierence becomes non existing and followed by poorly optimized game engine results low fps and laggy expierence

18. Claydough

So we’ve laggy seige for 1-2years now

And now after 1 day youve “identifyed” and found a “fix” and ready to apply it next maintenance?

Why am i skeptical about this?

Dunkleosteus likes this.
  19. Yushee

Can you guys just change service provider? Leaseweb is pure garbage...there's no point monitoring server issues if you don't change : ^)

20. Cazzy |JIN|

getting like 6 bil is a drop in the pond for most of the guilds. itll boost their payout by roughly 30 mil in a 90 man guild which isnt enough to buy a single crescent. i think you overestimate how far the money will go.