1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valk ession, for those who haven't seen.

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Muhaha, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

I would call it succession but it has no succ. :/

Tbh, it looks like trash. Doesn't look like it'd solve any issues with the class, if anything it looks like it'd only create more.

(stole from valk discord)
    Lose f jump lingering sa animation
    Lose block durability
    Lose shield throw cc
    Lose shield throw cancel
    Lose mobility
    Lose dmg
    Lose utility and vaccum
    Finally get proper fg on shining dash at the cost of you aw
    Still no sa on divine power
    Still no pre aw cd fix

Looks like skills are slow, lacks CCs, just overall isn't worth touching.

(long af, in spanish, but when he highlights skills they're mostly in english)

Platinia and Fateneko like this.
  2. ghoulz666

Waiting all this time for some copy and paste with some extra visuals. The amount of money this game makes....

You could get better work off of competent devs that are fueled off of cheeseburgers.

3. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Can you provide some insight of why this is? Like shield throw losing its animation cancel? Why?

SavageOpress[SX00] and Fateneko like this.
  4. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Couldn't say for sure, but my guess is that its because they're incompetent. Nothing else would make sense. They're the type of devs that seem to create something that has more issues than fixing something existing to solve the issues. They've proven this time and time again. And its not like support/kakao is any useful, tell them about any existing issues or anything of the sort and they respond with a copy and paste. If you're lucky, you'll get a "Pearl Abyss develops the game, we can only 'pass on info'."

For instance, renown was created, caused more issues, then removed. Shadow arena, hackers ran rampant, entire content was removed.
    When defenses were taken from classes, they didn't even know what to do with valk, first time around killed the class and had to completely change all the defenses and everything again.
    Even now, I still think valk needs a touch of help for group play, like shield chase should be SA or have resistance added to the FG. Not have some garbage created that makes all of her issues worse.

SavageOpress[SX00] and Platinia like this.
  5. Catastigma

We lose only Counter/Shield Throw and Celestial Spear/Shield Throw cancel.

Sidestep,Celestial smite cancel still sword.

We dont lost damage. The Damage of Divine Power/Shining Dash/Soj/judgement of light and Shield Throw are REALY Good.
    https://i.imgur.com/8bI0a44.mp4
    https://i.imgur.com/d5oAX52.mp4

*Lose utility and vaccum*

What utility mein ? The only utility of Valk is the Vaccum.

With Sucession we have Purification.

GamePois0n, Fateneko and Muhaha like this.
  6. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Like i put above it, stole it from valk discord.
    I haven't personally tried succession, but my guess would be loss of dmg would be due to dps, since you'd be limited to those skills/lack of CCs.
    Utility, giving people an acc buff from heaven's echo would be harder since you couldn't do it in FG like you can in awakening.
    And I think it had a 10% movement passive?? not too sure, was in kr, so we'd lose 10% movement speed?
    Also loss of echo walk, Ebuff FG run, extra ap from terra bsr, and +20% crit from sacrum ferit, and i think the evasion debuff, will have to double check.

#6 Muhaha, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  7. Catastigma

Show off of some skill, with Some range size demonstration
    https://i.imgur.com/grERIgW.mp4
    mobility test with the New Shield Chase and shining dash.
    https://streamable.com/j883f

All skill tree.
    [​IMG]

i personnaly love the Succesion, for the simple reason that i will not be a SuckBot and have to rely on Terra sancta for 90% of my damage Or 100% Enslar and pray RNG job for not getting CC during moving.

I would just love have Air striker and Shield Strike into Succession and the possibility to cancel shield throw with Counter and Celestrial speed and its will be fully playable on my opinion.

#7 Catastigma, Sep 29, 2019
    Fateneko and Muhaha like this.
  8. Naho

If this is what they were doing the whole time and just threw a change on Dlc so they could claim they did something , i'll be on a long break or gone from this game until they actually want to listen to the "feedback" :o

#8 Naho, Sep 29, 2019
    Muhaha likes this.
  9. Kenwulf

Yeah. Valkyrie succession looks awful. And with PA focusing on this new shiny system, we can forget about any balancing being done to valkyrie in the foreseeable future. So I guess this is it. It's time to just reroll.

10. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Hm... guess we'll have to see, I'm more curious about how it'll do group play wise and the lil things that haven't been mentioned.

Like if shield throw keeps its FG during the flow, or if the flow keeps it's CC?
    Would grab still cancel shining dash hits?
    Can you still ping pong/hit dash with shining dash? Like how the normal dash you can dash, hit, dash, kd from the skill or sharp light
    If you can still cancel shield throw with soj, just SoJ>Shield throw
    If cel spear still cancels glaring slash

11. Tacarmato

Basically every succession for each class is more like a downgrade than an upgrade.

Dalenos likes this.
  12. Catastigma

The intent its not to Upgrade/buff , its a alternative...
    And yes people play alternative, People dont justs play META classe.

When people will listen. i repeat this on 99% of all topic about Succession.

Its not buff, its not a nerf, its just a choice. The intent is give people that just completly Hate thier Awakening skill kit to play with the awakening and be *decent* not better, more stronger. Just *correct* and playable.

#12 Catastigma, Sep 29, 2019
    Ubbles and Platinia like this.
  13. Catastigma

Like if shield throw keeps its FG during the flow,
    Forward guard during all the animation, include the Flow.
    Annotation 2019-09-29 115825.png
    Pre-awakening--------------------------------------------------------Sucession
    Note: You are not forced to use the Succession Shield Throw, If you prefer the stun, you can stil get the Absolute version.
    Also if you want to be able to cancel it with Celestrial Spear and counter for Shield chase + counter + Shield Throw ou have just to not learn Succession Counter.
    https://streamable.com/3p9ck

Would grab still cancel shining dash hits?
    Yes

Can you still ping pong/hit dash with shining dash? Like how the normal dash you can dash, hit, dash, kd from the skill or sharp light
    I dont understand.

If you can still cancel shield throw with soj, just SoJ>Shield throw
    No, But if you dont get the SOJ succession you can.

If cel spear still cancels glaring slash

No

#13 Catastigma, Sep 29, 2019
  14. Hekki

No Ranger - she got ability to one shot from distance.

Averdun and Tvvin like this.
  15. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

That shield throw makes it more appealing.

And shining dash's hit dash/ping pong- start the skill, hold lmb, as soon as you hit the target flick your screen to the side and it should do another dash. So it dashes, hits/redirects off the target, dashes again, if you're still holding lmb still it should do the KD from shining dash, or you can hold shift + lmb + w (make sure forward slash is locked) to proc sharp light>just counter instead of shining dash's KD since its unprotected and kinda slow.

16. Tvvin

It definitely did make the penetrating wind dps setup stronger . From what I seen though it's a really big down grade for Rangers grab,iframe and super armor rotation loss.In all honesty I was expecting a archery kit with better kiting tbh lol

17. Ned Sheynji

For an alternative so far it has been rather disappointing for every class.
    Currently im not seeing any incentive to change for players.

For Warrior the only people it appeals to are players from the last century having a nostalgia hard-on for pre awakening. It doesnt provide anything worth giving up the great sword for.

For Ranger you basically give up your entire 1v1 potential and on top of that your ressource juggling is completely gone. So while staying at full MP you prolly gonna run out of stamina literally every 5 skills. Sniping plebs in Node wars might be fun for people but Archer is way better at that and actually has some decent 1v1 potential considering he can ressource juggle way better and has proper protected skills.

And now Valk has seemingly lost everything that made her fun in the first place. Back when i played her i loved animation canceling. This could be just a bug but who knows. Warrior lost some cancels as well apparently and didnt get it back, so.... ?

So far without any incentive to actually swap over to the succ kit nobody is gonna do it whatsoever. At this point in time i actually want they make the system OP at least for a few months before they nerf it back down.

Muhaha likes this.
  18. Hekki

Seems like Ranger will have higher single hit potential - going to be even more broken/OP than archer. And have boobs.

The animation canceling is the bug.

19. Ned Sheynji

Well, my friend, there goes your credibility.

Distaken, Muhaha and ODB3698 like this.
  20. noctred

noctred NA

Ranger succession is definitely a major downgrade overall.

But the problem is... succession doesn't just lock out awakening, it also completely guts the vanilla preawakening kit, giving you a fraction of it back - so even the people who want to use preawakening feel robbed. This doesn't benefit anybody except maybe people who find the existing skill trees too large and too difficult to manage, though the last thing PA should be doing is catering to those people imo.

If they really wanted to make succession a viable alternative, they should have designed it as a sort of specialization for both preawakening and awakening, meaning - you can choose to activate succession for either your awakening tree or your preawakening tree, making the skills in your chosen tree more powerful or more effective in some way without sacrificing existing mechanics. It should have been built *on top* of the existing skill trees, not by giving us a gutted and consolized version of existing skill trees.

Muhaha likes this.