1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valk is terrible

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by BDOLulzmeme, Mar 26, 2020.

1. BDOLulzmeme

This boss gear event was perfect for me to try every class succession on equal note all being level 56-57 except my main..

I just logged in here to say that valkyrie succession SUCKS NON SHAVED MONKEYBALLSWEAT BIG TIME
    Holy crap its terrible. Delete this class asap. Even tamers are better and thats saying alot.

Muhaha likes this.
  2. Noraiga

The real garbage skill tree of valk is her awakening ( for me )...

She have the kit of a dps and a concept of a tank, it doesn't match at all.
    Valk are glasscanon, none of "worth use" skill have protection, this class is just a ninja who are waiting a good timing for engage.
    Doesn't fit the class at all, she have big shield and lancia for what ? It is not for piercing the line of the enemy ?
    She's more like a poor leecher than anything else.
    She clearly need a complete revamp, even her pre awa are really outdated.
    EDIT: ( She still have some big damge for sure )

Netreiam and Muhaha like this.
  3. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

That's why they rerolled to guardian

Muhaha likes this.
  4. Catastigma

Someone have a Git gud issue.

Muhaha likes this.
  5. Netreiam

Honestly inclined to agree.

R.Prescott and Muhaha like this.
  6. Noraiga

It is not the case ? What do you think ?
    I really do like her awakening but i find it really hard to play i really do like hard class btw,
    but Valk especially awakening feel like some misconception have been made, maybe i'm just f****** bad :D

7. Netreiam

Mostly talking about the OP because they were saying succession is garbage, which is completely false.

It's flat out better in PvE, 1v1, and small scale. The only place its "worse" is large scale that that's ONLY because it doesn't have suction, otherwise, it can do everything awakening valk can (including our best heal) AND actually has protections while doing it.

On the other hand Valk awakening is what happens when you have class built around a mechanic and then you heavily nerf/remove that mechanic with no compensation. Everything you said about it is spot on. Sure you can make awak valk "work", sure nodewar/sieges will still want you as a PA/suck bot, sure you can still 1v1 by waiting for chances to grab people. But all of these "pros" are skills that are useful in spite of the completely outdated kit she has, not because of it.

Muhaha likes this.
  8. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

LUL, Valk succ is fine. Just has a couple bugs with skill add ons, enslar's iframe. Other than that, just some QoL issues like enslar overriding purificatione, no way of canceling to JoL, and movement delay after burning movement skills.

Like they said, its Valk awakening thats completely screwed over and needs help.

9. MtNariel

Hello, i'm a pretty new valk and i'm loving her. But after some practicing and some youtube videos, i was able to make awakening valk to work. Umh, i would say she lacks protection for sure and i have to constantly use a/d +rmb to dodge some heavy hitting classes. Valk awakening really needs some buffs. I'm looking forward to new changes. ^^

10. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Who else cant wait for another huge page of ''BUFFS'' that are 95% not gonna do anything. or were doable before with other tricks and cancels?
    cant wait for a new year of disapointment

11. Netreiam

Glad you're enjoying her! Don't expect too much from the changes, but stay positive and make sure to send feedback through global lab.

I was honestly thinking of making a poll thread for speculations.

"What do you expect from the changes?"
    1. 1 or 2 decent buffs, a bunch of pointless "buffs". No fixes to our actual problems

2. 3 or more decent buffs, no fixes to our actual problems

3. Actual fixes to our problems

4. Straight up nerfs

Honestly leaning to 2 rn. They've already made so many pointless changes to the skills that I can't see how else they can disappoint us (can't wait for them to surpass my expectations on that) so I think there will be decent buffs, but it will be on things that either increase our overall damage and MAYBE grinding speed, aka: things valkyrie already has no issues with (although succession is absurd in PvE) and doesn't need more buffs for.

12. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Doesnt need dmg. not even pve. just a whole lot of other things. only put either awak to succ lvl or the other way around in pve.

block breaks vs the biggest manshas. while guardian tanks 20 people stalling out 5 seconds to press 1 button to get out of that fight

Netreiam likes this.