1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valkerie: Verdict Lancia Lustitiae

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kalara, May 10, 2018.

1. Kalara

The skill states Super Armor and was mentioned to still have super armor in the patch note but during this last node war, I noticed It was not being applied. So we tested it out with guild members in Battle arena, every single time without fail I was Knocked down and or stunned during the full animation at any timing.

There is NO super armor applied to it, even though it is mentioned that it should have SA. This essentially give SA only to valk's ultimate and to 1 healing skill.

This skill makes the valk immobile for 2 full seconds and the SA is no longer applied making it useless.

Go and test it out,

It wasn't hard to test out.

This skill states SA and does NOT have any.

2. CronoLuminare.tv

after changing nearly every skill in the game from the Core its always been has broken something..... shocking.

3. Celensra

Our class is finished until more changes come, honestly. We died the instant they removed lingering super armor. The rest just worsens things more. As for Verdict, I think it only has protection until the damage of the spell occurs. I'm not sure though. I could only stomach so much playing before I decided to wait for the next maintenance. Things will become better for is, hopefully. Until then, I'd recommend patience and not taking any extreme actions like selling your equipment and quitting the class.

4. Tamosaki

The future looks bleak. Even after removing much of the cc's upcoming patches it doesn't help a turtling valk in wars. I mean i'm sure you can sense how many times a ninja/kuno/sorc/wiz/witch/dk gets behind you when forced to turtle. Not to mention I also feel like our guard seems more narrow in the blocking/cc hit boxes, or it could be me/lag. But too much is just knocking me off my feet in RBF even in block its unreal.

Celensra likes this.
  5. Celensra

I've definitely felt it...I've committed two years to my class and they changed everything so drastically that it's like I've not played a day. Using Hastiludium, a charging attack that's now, completely devoid of protection is essentially charging forward screaming "kill me". Today was heartbreaking...and things are definitely uncertain. That's for sure. Unless, they change Shield Chase to Super Armor or Invincibility, we're doomed anyway. Without Lingering Super Armor, we're just knocked down my the myriad attacks because Front Guards on movement abilities is an awful idea...I'll need to look at more but I stopped once I began to cry (I'm a bit of a baby...>_>)

6. Dyeless

Dyeless Valkyrie 60 EU

What about pre-awekening? I feel that's where we might shine over other classes.

7. Celensra

Oooooh no no no no no no lol. We have veeery bad range on all of our attacks, absolutely no mobility outside of Shield Chase (front guard >_<) and little to no Super Armor (I think it's just two spells counting Rabam?) We don't stand a chance against newer classes with mainhands that were better designed. I guess it could have its uses in a duel or veeery small scale combat but even then, it's a massive disadvantage. If they truly want to balance things, they'd have to redesign mainhands of older classes and I don't see that happening lol...

Platinia and iller like this.
  8. Kalara

Pre awakening barely has any defensive buffs. Super Armor on Celestial lance, and on healing. That's about it.

and ya our gap closer is practically non existent now.

Platinia likes this.
  9. Tamosaki

Pretty much where we go broken is the our SA in shield. I think I have little over a year in this class fun times learning it, never have completely mastered it which had made it fun. It wasn't easy to get down things like the dash-counter-shield throw maneuver, stun and grab combo chains and then mastering my own combinations. I knew and memorized this class enough to do combos on the fly depending on what cc lands. The class was deep and had required lots of skills to do these technics. This class is all I play, even have 5 valk alts haha. But after the cc changes it has died for me, and todays patch only confirms to me that I really need to look into other games.

I do still have a little candle of light that they will revert everything, even the renown changes which people deemed valks as OP, I muched preferred it the old ways chaining combos without renown days, when you are punished for your own mistakes. Maybe in couple more weeks I'd cry.

Platinia and Celensra like this.
  10. Celensra

I feel exactly the same. I was never skilled to the point where I'd consider myself a master or even, one of the best. I'd learned everything but I needed to practice it more still. I am very new to larger scale combat and it's been tough for me and juuuust before the Renown and Control Change, I started to see results that made me feel great. Afterwards, I'll admit it, I loved not being killed in one combination by every single class lol...it felt like I was the "Cleric or Paladin" in any other game.

The control changes were...interesting. They allowed for Down Smash combinations and it was a little exciting to learn new things and experiment although, it was bit messy.I did feel really upset that almost all of my previous combinations had gone to the wind and my Tamer friends vanished immediately, which really hurt too. I honestly don't know how they plan to make our class viable without Lingering Super Armor. I ended the Red Battlefield with a single point and cried because I just couldn't do anything. All of my friends have stopped playing and are discussing other games... Pearl Abyss is going to have to be very creative to save us...and Warriors. I heard they suffer terribly too. Lingering Armor was our life's blood...I'd happily take the old times, which I honestly didn't like either, because it'd bring my friends back. It'd make so many people happy again...and that'd make me happy enough.

11. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

I'm not sure why you guys are complaining about losing the lingering super armor when all other classes (except wizard/witch) lost a crap ton of super-armor, frontal blocks, and guards on their skills. It only would have been devastating if they had just removed that from our block but didn't nerf the other classes. How it stands though is that losing it is not the end of the world and we'll just have to learn to adjust without it.

12. Celensra

I'm upset about losing lingering armor because it makes movement almost impossible. Shield Chase is just awful. I'm not speaking in terms of all the vulnerabilities it creates during nearly all of our attacks. Those were changed with this new system in mind and would make our class as unplayable as any other. However, losing lingering armor means we're finished just like Warriors.

Pkmdz and KotoRena like this.
  13. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

It is upsetting to lose it, but I prefer to remain optimistic. I'm sure with time and patience we'll be able to work around it somehow. I'm waiting until they implement ALL of these changes though, because each time its making me dizzy trying to figure out how to re-learn the class when they just add more changes anyway the next week. Hopefully in the end it'll work out, and they won't be entirely incompetent and actually get the balancing right somehow; but at this point I have little faith in PA.

Celensra likes this.
  14. Celensra

That is my hope as well. I highly doubt they can achieve this new balance in a few weeks, however. Unless, they were working on this system for a very long time and have tested it extensively while also working on class overhauls. I think it'll probably be much longer. Hopefully not too long though. I'd like to play the game again lol.

KotoRena likes this.
  15. ChampionFighter/Zeiva

Have you tried to not use the Flow of it? I also tested a bit yesterday and if you don´t use the flow it has SA during the whole time :)

16. OptimusPrime

I've submitted a ticket for you.

They replied that "We at KakaoGames EU always strive to improve Black Desert Online so that we can provide the best possible version of it to you."

They also assured me that they are "working on it" and that they "have no ETA".

Lastly they sent me a link to random stuff and closed the ticket.

You're welcome.

17. iller

I'd argue.. it's because that was the class's only crutch in large scale PvP if you weren't already softcapped on not just gear, but LEVEL and skill pts too. Valk is a real time investment. Other classes don't have that high hurdle, you can tell pretty early on what their full variety of roles in PvP really feels like ... And until then on Valk, you're resigned less to kicking asses and a lot more to turtling plus just trying to avoid spending most fights flat on your back.

They take away that one fallback position for average players, and they take away the only Viability it has for those players. It also locks the class itself behind not just a year of very harsh grinding, but arguably a PAY WALL too. And almost no one is masochistic enough to put up with that

#17 iller, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    KotoRena likes this.
  18. Platinia

I remember the days were i can't see no Valks Sisters around ..... I was allways the only Valk around in my Gilds .
    We shine like a Meteor for some short time and it was a good feeling to play the class.
    Now we back on the ground.
    I love my Valk and i dont like playing other classes, but i feel i will be soon alone again.

19. Thranduil

Yes, i've noticed the same, super armor in Lancia Iustitiae does not work.
    Also Sacrum Ferit no longer has frontal guard, this not only afects pvp, but also makes PvE very very very frustrating.

Valk wasn't a bad class in pre-awakening, it was an average class, but now i think we're in the trash tier unless the next patches change the current state of the class.

Platinia likes this.