1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valks getting bit of movement love (global labs)

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by WhySoSeeryus, Jun 21, 2019.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

https://www.global-lab.playblackdes...Text=&isProgress=True&BoardType=2&boardNo=558

google translate is really bad tho

• ● All-state over resistance (except catching) has been added to the forward guard effect of the diagonal pursuit technique.
    • Valkyrie is a defense-type character that moves forward while blocking a shield.

With the addition of shields, the ability to defeat the Shadowbreaker is now added to the Valkyrie's shields.

Muhaha likes this.
  2. Tvvin

Will this change also apply to Ninja's greatshield?

3. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

well, this doesn't help the fact that valk gets an asthma attack when it tries to move more than 2 groups of mob in early valencia zones

4. bob349

Can someone translate?

5. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

From my understanding, Valk got two things....
    a) a bug fix on her frontal guard
    b) all-resistance (except grapple) added to her forward guard

someone in discord said it basically a disengage buff, and they posted this video

https://streamable.com/yez49

also, the gLab note finally confirms the intended identity of valk as a defensive hero with shield focus

Anyone else on GlobaLabs that has videos, post up ^_^

Tvvin, Fateneko, Muhaha and 1 other person like this.
  6. bob349

Thanks.

7. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Whats this??? Did Devs finally pull their heads out of their ass and fix something thats been needed fixed for over a ****ing year? :0
    I think hell just froze over.

But in all seriousness, i hope this is a legit buff that makes us more protected but not broken or too op.

#7 Muhaha, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Galatia likes this.
  8. Kenwulf

Damn, I hope valkyrie will finally be a defensive class. That's why I started playing her. But she turned out to be a freaking assassin...

BTW, do you know if the SA on shield chase remains even if the guard is broken? That would be really important on high ap.

9. dobe

Valk have finally their SA dashes(and fg on top of it!)
    For my maehwa i 'm entitled to get no stam dash,reason?cause nobody should catch me of course!
    (Actually this is the kind of stuff that will make me salty as a maehwa if it goes live)

10. Kenwulf

Nobody can catch a maehwa if she doesn't want to get caught, so what exactly are you complaining about?

ODB3698 and Muhaha like this.
  11. Prim nw

So how can a valk even die anymore when they have 350dp+? their block never breaks and now literally have perma SA movement?? I tought they stated they would be carefull with balancing around now LMAO. If u actually make a class have the same dash as musa/maehwa then they also should take away other stuff from it's kit. Imagine mae/musa getting added a PA, aoe heal, vacuum and grab added next week. What a total joke.

Altough posting this is valk section just gna cause a bunch of salty spoiled valks to comment

12. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

if you can't delete the block in 5 seconds you doing something very wrong

13. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

If you only get this effect on frontguard skills, the effect also should be gone if the skill is on cd and does not apply frontguard. The frontguard dashes we have have 3s, 3s, 10s and 17s cooldown. If that translate to permanent superarmor for you you can not be helped.
    There is a reason you barely see valks in the game nowadays. Before I run across a single valk open world I came across 58 ninjas, 85 sorcs, 120 musas and 158 mystics.

14. dobe

You forgot awk dash,i dont know well how much cc fissure wave have,but if it have multiple CC then valk awk dash is equal to musa dash.
    A witch for confirming stuff please????

edit: skill name correction.

#14 dobe, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  15. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

you do know that valk's awakening dash eats way more stamina, way slower and does way shorter distance compared to musa's right?

16. Bnna

so this is actually very confusing. when i get it right they fixed the bug that dlc still gives fg when it's used backwards even on cd - which is a nerf.

and then different translations talk about the SA change - but either on shield chase or on dlc which is hard to figure out bc i don't speak google translator. and in the clip he used both sc and dlc and both seems to give SA - but it's only one line in the patch notes so i kinda assumed it's only one of the two. can somebody who plays a valk and who is not luminosity please explain (cuz whatever he says is probably gonna be wrong from how he plays)

also - the SA only applies when the skill is off cd, right? i would actually laugh so hard if the "nerf" screamers in this thread would be right and dlc still has SA when its on cd :D

Muhaha likes this.
  17. dobe

And this entitle you as a valk to have the same tool as musa Amirite?

18. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

I did not. "3s, 3s, 10s and 17s cooldown"

19. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

i can only do it 15 times in a row before i run out of stamina (i have 2250 stamina but even 4500 wouldn't be enough to be uselful) , and i think i would cower like 1/5 of the range from my stamina with this dash compared to musa, and that 1/5 would take me 3-4x the time too compared to the time musa take it's 5/5 range.

You think some class entitled to be able to move a lot more and a lot faster compared to other classes especially in valencia areas where speed is the key ? For example gahaz, nagas, fogans where a valk couldn't even dream to farm cus of the single fact it's base movement abilites make it unviable.

Yes there are abnormal movement comboes for valk but those will mess up the nerves in your hand after a time. There is a reason why i can't use them for more than 15-20 minutes before i need a break and my fingers start to hurt like hell. Also stuff like this shouldn't exist, valk needs faster or longer dash or one that eat less stamina.

This is not about entitlement, this is about asking for a change to make a class viable in areas where the people spend 80% of their life in this game.

Also, yes musas live their life on easy mode since level 1 compared to valk pve wise

20. Bnna

like... wtf are you even talking about. figure out if it still gives sa when on cd first, pretty ****ing please