1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valkyrie and Warrior feels... trying to go frontline...

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Kusaragii, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Kusaragii

Created this for fun and low quality meme... since Valkyrie threads are pretty dead anyway like the class. :^)

Read from right to left (that's how you read manga).

[​IMG]

The feels.

#1 Kusaragii, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Naho, Amenra, Alrikmerc and 11 others like this.
  2. Factorial

I get what you are saying, but it's clear now that classes in BDO have no defining or functional roles. It's just not an MMORPG as expected. BDO is a glorified hack and slash. I believe once we accept that fact we can enjoy the game for what it is instead of what it should be.

With that said, get the AP necessary to one shot everything. Only then will classes like Valk and War stop this incessant bitching. We have to look elsewhere for cooperative, functional, conventional MMORPG gameplay.

3. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

lol getting enough ap doesn't solve shitty defenses, can have high ap, but if you're dead it doesn't mean much.
    And bdo has a few roles in a sense, PA for instance, if you're not PA pushing in NW, may as well just give them your tower.

But this meme is too accurate, it hurts ;-;

Dalenos, Kyraios, Edremis and 2 others like this.
  4. Factorial

You are right that there are roles, but they leave so much to be desired. The "roles" are so bare bones that sometimes I wonder if they were intended to begin with or if they are merely the outcome of serendipity. I like to think it's the former, but most observation point to the latter which is sad.

As for defenses that are lacking, I ultimately believe that AP is the eaualizer from two different perspectives.

First, AP being all encompassing supports the bottom line for Pearl Abyss getting profits. It drives the lure of using the cash shop to the point that the game is made to support the cash shop instead of the reverse.

Secondly, there can never be satisfactory balance with the amount of classes that we can all agree upon. Thus, AP, high enough AP, equalizes all classes for the very fact that defenses are limited and scale poorly against offense. It's a simple leap then to go for more AP. Hence the current meta where roles, aside from niche ones such as Protected Area, are irrelevent.

5. SAROMON1989

And I thought from the beginning that these two classes should be the "tanks" of the game. :(

6. Kenwulf

Nah. Wizards and witches are the front line tank classes. Cause the only classes that can survive the wizard witch aoe are wizards and witches

Kyraios and ODB3698 like this.
  7. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

https://community.blackdesertonline...s-and-correct-it-please-and-thank-you.319972/

Valk is FG dependent and FG is hugely flawed. FG gets cc'd through the front, sides, back, breaks, and you get staggered when broken.

I wouldn't really say fighting iframes every 0-3s is fair against a class thats pretty much all FG. High ap, they break our shield, we die. It doesn't equal out, it just show how much it actually is unbalanced.

8. Netreiam

********. It doesn't need to be perfect but fights like valk/war vs ninja/kuno and wizard/witch vs mystic/striker are retarded and shouldn't exist.

Also,high AP doesn't equalize jack **** when you play a class with small AoE, Small grab range, shitty protected movement, Slow and unprotected Burst, No I frames, and 2 usable super armors vs classes that have I frames out the ass, can move in an out of mid range constantly while being protected, can teleport into CCing you, Have instant damage they can cancel into I-frames, and giant ass AoEs on top of that. (not just talking about ninja/kuno. Why do you think sorc and high AP DK are "meta"?)

A ninja can have 1 HP and win because they barely get hit while they teleport in circles around you and 1 shot you before you can react.

AP as an equalizer, don't make me laugh.

Zavex, Kyraios and ODB3698 like this.
  9. SAROMON1989

This is pity and pretty ****ed up.

10. Netreiam

Mystic and Striker?

11. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

best use i found for warrior during siege, was to throw spears from wall, ignore close fights and feed sorc rage

ODB3698, Souda and Crimson_Scarlet like this.
  12. Platinia

Sad but true :(

13. Kenwulf

Striker somewhat, but mystic, nah. Even they go down, just a little bit harder. And front lining is not only about being able to take a hit, you also have to pose a threat to the enemy, otherwise you can be ignored, in which case you can't hold the line anymore. Mystics don't do enough dmg to pose a real threat. They have a nice CC and slows though, that makes them work, but at the end of the day, I would rather have just another wiz/witch.

14. Factorial

I will hold on to this, it's pure gold.

Alrikmerc likes this.
  15. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 62 EU

The "tankiness" of the shield classes, especially Valkyrie, and the (in)famous "roles" of different classes have become purely cosmetic, not much different than choosing a costume.

I thought at this point we should all know this... why are we even straining our brains to discuss the matter?

16. SAROMON1989

For new players it is unknown! After you dig in the forum, after playing a while you can see that something is wrong in here...

17. Nibblesdragon

I hear you, but don't let it die out. The moment we stop talking is when the devs sigh of relief that they don't have to worry about it anymore.

ODB3698 likes this.
  18. SAROMON1989

I all I want to play is be a tank/healer (mostly palading class) and Valk sounded just like one, but the more I near awakening and meet stronger mobs, the more I see that things are not like that. Will see after the awakening (will happen this days).

19. Netreiam

Awakening bosses and gyfin/mirmok were pretty much the only places where I actually felt like using my heals were useful. That and maybe small scale pvp, but even then usually just CCing the attacker is a better idea.

Platinia likes this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

U can protect the backline when they get attacked ;)