1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valkyrie specific results from the NA/EU Suggestions discord's second balancing survey

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Greeniewolf, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

Here are the results for the Valkyrie specific questions:

upload_2019-6-6_0-26-3.png

2. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

3. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Lul...and this is why this game needs a professional pvp balance team.

4. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

5. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

If you were to change one thing about Valkyrie in PVP what would it be?

Mobility
    Nothing
    A Classe with a shield would be have protected mobility... Its logic
    She needs more protections
    Rework her entire pre aw kit as it is one of the weakest in all of bdo.
    Right now for everything else minus 1v1, valks are only good for their sucking 100%.
    make her good
    Stronger shield, SA movement.
    Valkyrie needs to somehow be tankier for Largescale without making her 1v1 OP. Potentially give her a cooldown that temporarily increases her block strength so she can sponge damage from multiple enemies for a short period.
    Movement
    Reduce the stamina costs of abilities
    Better movement
    make her tankier with armor
    More sa or protected dash (Iframe/sa)
    Not playing valk enough to have a strong opinion
    Overall Protections
    More (SA) protected movement
    Increase protection and reduce stamina cost
    give her protected mobility
    Make preawaken cooldowns not reset during on cooldown use.
    More protected movement
    Add some sort of protected engage, right now we don't have many options.
    MOVEMENT and protection
    more protections , the stamina consomption is to high
    n/a
    more mobility and less dmg
    Idk
    no change
    slower movement, but more protected
    cc
    not sure sorry
    Give them protected movement back
    Rework on some of the pre awakening skill to make them more useful such as judgment of light, shinning dash, skyward thrust, and sword of judgment.
    ---
    NA
    Fj
    I don't play Valkyrie and because of that I obviously do not have the experience required to suggest changes to the class.
    everything
    Protection added to dash
    1 more protected skill
    More Frontal guards and definitely 1 or 2 frontal guard CCs in preawakening. Also remove the bound on the vacuum skill and making vaccum cost 1 CC count or 0.7 CC count.
    no comment
    Slightly more mobility
    Less CC more AOE damage
    Replace their FG's with something more
    make her more well rounded, she excels too much in some areas while falling way too short in others
    Protections, Valkyrie's movement is far too unprotected. Although I like the playstyle that valkyrie uses it simply does not have the utility to sit in one place and soak all of the damage that it does from high ap players.
    Survival / Mobility.
    Give it an iframe
    She needs more protection.
    Valk has extremely high burst for being a tanky/shield class
    Movement speed
    i dislike blocking classes being immune to cc from behind make a mechanic where if they are hit in the back several times in a short time they should be able to cc or something like that. making classes that require you to have a grab to cc is really bad for balance because there's no way to beat these classes if both are played properly
    Can't answer
    Put vacuum spell on the CC limit or remove this mechanic from the game for all classes that have it (mystic, sorc, valk).
    more damage on abilities. let damage on black spirit rage abilities
    She needs more protections in large scale, and in small scale/1v1's, she needs a GOOD protected cc to be able to catch certain classes. Some are literally uncatchable for a valkyrie like sorceress
    depends highly on gear. with enough gear you're a god in pvp but otherwise just useless.
    Full Rework it has stamina problems, too high of burst, but no combo potential
    -
    REduce her stamina cost a bit, I'm not familiar enough with Valk to know any other of her struggles.
    MAKE HER MORE TANKY ITS A TANK CLASS FFS AND WE DONT HAVE A FRONTLINE CAUSE EVERYONE IS PLAYING RANGE CLASSES CAUSE TANKS ARE ****!!!!!!! we are missing warriors - valks - zerkers - strikers .. everyone was playing mystic now they are swaping to archer cause RANGE DMG no one want to be a meele cause in the backline of en enemy raid are 16 x archer and u have NO for real NO chance to survive... im playing zerker.. and with a trail zerker and 400DP its not possible to do a devestation infront of an enemy zerk.. cause they see OH MEELE IS TRADING SA KILL HIM EZ black arrow.. so what we need is a DP push on Meele classes OR a AP reduction on range classes .. on long u will lose all the melee classes that currently playing.. go in the RBF and watch this situation.. 16 archers in the backline and 10 x wiz infront and ?? 1 x warri? or maybe 1 x zerker? thats all.. so the INT classes have to tank the frontline dmg cause they are able to trade SA .. do u know 1 MMO in the world where tanks cant tank? lmao
    There is allot more than one thing but Give them protected movement to be able to engage in fights.
    I do not play valk
    decreased stamina costs.
    protection
    Dont know
    A bit more protection
    Protected mobility
    Valk has major stamina issues. I think the answer would be a bigger stam pool.
    Rework into paladin archetype - buffing team by presence, skills and positioning.
    finish balancing the ****ing thing. Revert to pre-renown state and try again.
    No change
    IDK i dont play one, should have made the rest of the questions void when i clicked never.
    less dmg more tank
    more frontal movement that blocks (no q block pls, only frontal protection)
    Valkyrie runs out of stamina too fast so they can't chase and have to just play super passive and wait for their opponent. Meaning they never decide the fight its always the enemy that has to mess up for the valk to win.
    Reduce damage of attacks, much too high
    More protection (super armor) on movement (dash).
    stamina
    protected movement?
    nothing
    Valks are fine, just need to be a bit tankier
    Undecided
    Movement
    stamina consumption
    Better resource management
    None
    mobility
    Revamp protection on skills so she can move/dodge like other classes and exchange hits as currently all her fast skills are unprotected. So to put it simply rework her defences, it's stupid that the shield class of the game is so badly protected
    boost movement and lower some of the burst damage
    Valk needs to be good at something -- it is currently a jack of all trades. Devs should slot it into a role, nerf the support abilities that don't support that role, and buff the abilities that double down on that role -> Support/back-line peel/front-line engage -> Pick one.
    More efficient stamina usage
    don't know
    Can't give criticism on, haven't played the class.
    lower the big CD of some skills
    I don't Valkyrie.
    nothing the valks i know are in really good spots
    no idea dont play valk

6. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

7. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

8. Asterotis

^Might wanna fix that one, the format is screwed up.

flukeSG1 likes this.
  9. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

It has been suggested that the Valkyrie per-awakened skills need to be revisited because only a handful are relevant past awakening and many are under-powered compared to equivalent skills in other classes. On a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being fully disagree and 5 being fully agree how would you rate your stance on this suggestion?

upload_2019-6-6_0-40-8.png View attachment 162354 upload_2019-6-6_0-36-14.png

#9 Greeniewolf, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  10. Sun Shade

Clear speed looks fine

11. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

upload_2019-6-6_0-43-56.png

Why do you take this stance?

-
    Dont know
    ?
    Even with damage mitigation, this skill will still be bad we will die before even casting the skill, we are in a instant kill meta, If Verdict: Lancia iustatue dont deal 2 time more damage and 50% casting speed increase, this skill will never be used, anyway.
    Without it she is handicapped versus other classes.
    Because the skill has a cooldown of 27s, offers no incentive to use it other than just another sa to use when all others are exhausted and more often than not it gets most valkyries killed because they are stuck in place due to a long animation.
    Valk is still in their wheelchair that was created a year ago
    idk
    If anything Enslar 100% damage should be decreased and protection movement skills and stronger shield to fit the turtling play style.
    Valk has a lot of protected skills and cancels in her kit. This specific ability is a hard hitting that locks you in an animation making it a high risk high reward ability and adds interesting mechanics to the class.
    Because its one of the slowest sa animations.
    I don't play the class enough to have an opinion
    dont play the class
    Classes should be in line with each other. That's the definition of a balanced game.
    Almost unusable in PvP get cc right when it ends. Low damage output.
    It's a static skill, where you are opened to being grabed, and it doesn't even have a CC on it. Also, the CD is extremely long(27cd)
    Slow animation of this skill + its relatively lower damage means we can be killed easily in the time it takes for the animation to complete, it's already not great to trade having lost cc as well, only used as a last resort super armour/supportive dps/downsmash in 1v1.
    on high ap it does good dmg
    Long cooldown and stationary skill with no CC means I barely find it worth using even if it happens to have SA. Mitigation would help.
    Its a long casting skill which is usually casted in the middle on an enemy raid. you get melted when casting it if you don't have pa
    I think it's a matter of risk vs gain, right now it's more damage but unprotected. Some damage tune down may be ok, but must be compensated elsewhere.
    It’s a long animation with gaps in the SA.
    because its a really slow skill,it need some sort of protection
    underpowered and boring class
    way too much dmg
    Don't have enough knowledge on the class
    no
    dont play valk i think they're at an alright state
    i dont play the class, i don't know anything about it
    Their Terra Sancta dmg needs to go down if they want DR for AoE attacks
    Current it is useless, the downsmash rarely activates, there is no point of having a flow for the skill that is 15sec even though you can use the skill once every 27seconds. The damage isn't great either for a 27 second cooldown.
    ---
    NA
    Bx
    I don't play Valkyrie and because of that I obviously do not have the experience required to suggest changes to the class.
    It has Super Armor. It doesn't need damage mitigation as well.
    Because they removed the cc on the skill
    I only know of 2 classes with damage mitigation on skills, witch and wizard. I would rather see them nerfed than see other classes (especially when my own will be left in the dust) buffed.
    no comment
    Cause I don't play Valk
    N/A
    Valk's damage isn't consistent until higher AP brackets
    They are tanky enough as it is. They just are forced to rely to heavily on FG's. Thus give them some SA's
    i agree only if it is for large scale, she needs a little bit more tank for taking punishment from dozens of aoes at once; she is fine tanking in small scale
    Damage mitigation is one direction you can take in solving the problem I stated above.
    I've only run into one valkyrie in the open world in the last year. Even if they are slightly overbuffed (worst case scenario), that would be important in getting people to play the class again. Then small, fair adjustments can be made afterward.
    Don't know enough about Valk to vote.
    Valk is a class with a giant shield. In my opinnion, she needs more protection in general. IF you aren't going to allow her the mobility she used to have, she at the very least be able to dish out some damage while being protected. The problem with a lack of protection is that it makes her skills useless. She is heavily telegraphed and her skills are usually about getting in there and closing the distance. It's great that she can just jump into a mob but once she does, she's dead because she really has nothing to follow up with.
    I Dont really play valk so I can't say
    Good DMG and protected
    valkyries are already insanely tanky due to the fact that they cannot be cc'd without a grab or waiting for them to move. I don't think giving classes who can blow you up in 2 skills more tankyness is healthy
    Don't play valk enough to know
    Can't answer
    "Damage mitigation" is a very vague term, what do you mean by this? If you mean FG or SA heck no.
    valkyrie is "shield" wielding class. its assumed to be a frontliner that can soak dmg in pve/pvp
    It has a long wind up that asks people to kill her. If this skill doesn't make her suicide, then it could help her actually deal some damage in large scale a little.
    Valk is already tanky enough it just needs to be able to move without falling over which only is combated by sitting in block which is not viable in large scale and is boring in duels
    I'm not familiar enough with Valkyrie to have a valid opinion.
    the dmg from a valk is fine.. i mean she touch you with the lancia and you are dead the problem is they are unprotected asf and not tanky at all.. and they are forced to go on DP to stay in a frontline <- its a class with a shield like warri and its possible to oneshot them cmon..
    dont play valk
    I do not play valks
    takes forever to cast it, doesnt do much either.
    no idea
    Valkyrie is the only good, nice and mechanical hard class in the game, i think she deserves buffs.
    Don't play valk
    Because it can one shot a group of people.
    I'm not sure if changing a single class without taking others into account can ever bring balance. It can improve character a bit, but will make others helpless.
    Verdict roots you in the ground for an EXTREMELY long time, and has no added DR??? Worst of all you can't cancel it...
    Because Valk is already plenty safe.
    idk the class
    Valkyrie is a tank, she needs damage mitigation in mass pvp
    Valk is vulnerable with that skill
    Warrior and Valk at higher DP bracket's block become super strong. And while it is not super strong early/mid game but at the upper ends it because essentially far better than any form of damage mitigation except PA and evasion stacking
    Combo ability for valk needed, but need to overall reduce damage
    Super Armor is decent enough protection; the skill needs more offensive power (damage) rather than defenseive power.
    dont know what skill that is
    is strong
    not much experience on the class
    Striker and mystic are just way more overpowered then valk so no reason not to buff them
    Undecided
    Because I don't play valk
    I just feel that overall it's a weak skill
    I am undecided
    None
    iunno
    That would certainly help to use it protectively. But really that skill's issue it's slow and has no CC, so it doesn't do much damage by itself, most CC will wear off before it hits and it calls for ppl to grap you.
    lack of knowledge
    No idea what other classes you are talking about but no. This animation is fast enough and the damage is high enough that it should be used carefully in large scale and freely in small scale which this ability currently allows.
    I don't play Valk or know their skills
    i don't really know valk
    The class can use a buff.
    probably should
    The damage is underwhelming
    Valkyries in node/siege feels like cc and engage types, plus their small version of PA. Their small scale if played by strong and dedicated players makes them powerful, yet they fall short as a class as others just as skilled in their own classes can deal with a valkyrie. I do not know if this is the right change; better wait and see?
    the valks i know are extremely good and dont seem to have an issue
    don't play valk, don't know its skills

12. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

It has been suggested that the Valkyrie skill Divine Power should also have super armor like the Warrior Ground Smash. Are you for or against this change?

upload_2019-6-6_0-45-55.png

-
    Undecided
    dont play the class
    Balance
    ?
    The damage is near to zero, the CC is the worst one, the Down smash chance is zero too, the aoe range is near to not existant. put a super-armor on it with change nothing.
    Valkyrie pre-awakened is probably the weakest in the game. It makes it hard to play her.
    As it stands the skill is impossible to use due to how long the animation takes to cast, there are 2 classes (striker and warrior) that have a similar skill and not only a faster cast time but also protection when using it while keeping cc, Changing this skill not only would allow valkyries to have a protected way to get to pre aw but it would also create new ways of engaging as a valkyrie, ways to counter attack speed based classes in 1v1 by reducing their attack speed, react to oncoming threats and also setup engages on large scale.
    Why shouldn't a comparable skill between the two class be the same?
    she should be as good as warrior
    Make Valk more on par with Warrior.
    I think the pre-awakened kit for Valk needs some love and this would help inspire additional playstyles.
    I don't play the class
    Classes should be in line with each other. That's the definition of a balanced game.
    Useless skill otherwise because way too slow.
    It doesn't make sense that one of the only skills both classes share have this difference. It's also casted rather slow.
    This would be an extremely useful supportive + trade skill.
    Lack of protection for valkyries
    valk pre awake kit is kinda unprotected , onme or 2 more protection would be fine
    It might actually be worth using with SA for the SA.
    Divine Power is in need of way more than just SA, its animation is way too long, the damage is not comparable with other classes and the AOE cone is way smaller. Actually very few use that, most have it because it's need for Rabham, but as of now, it's nearly useless (and will get you killed if used in pvp).
    Because I think you guys took way too much protection from a lot of skills. When so many abilities cc these days it’s frustrating.
    its our only attack speed debuff , since we dont have a "gravedigger" that apply 3 debuff like warrior thats the least we can ask
    She is the warrior equiv but feels more like a weak knockoff
    i Don't play valk
    Sounds balanced
    no
    dont play enough valk to have a value in my opinion
    Valkyrie needs a reliable skill, with judgment of light and shinning dash being totally useless and unreliable. We really do need a skill that we can rely on. So far everything we do is a risk to us getting cc'd apart from blocking.
    ---
    NA
    Yd
    It already has CC, a downsmash and a debuff. After the pvp class changes, skills should not have every thing on one skill.
    Slow wind up , no many opportunties to use the skill
    I don't want to see skills with slows getting buffed. Remove the slow and it will be a fine buff.
    no comment
    I don't play Valk
    Consistency
    If one class gets access to Rock in a game of rock, paper scissors, all classes should.
    To many FG's they should have some SA's
    i think it's a fair change to help the class out in contributing with aoe cc, but i would weaken something in their awakening kit to compensate for this buff
    Allowing Valkyries more options to stay protected whilst stationary would not break the class and as I've stated before I do believe that the class is too unprotected.
    See above.
    Don't know enough about Valk.
    Divine Power needs more than protection. Valk has enough damage that I don't think Divine power is much of an issue. There are other things I could cast before I ever considered Divine Power. She needs more protection.
    warrior has it SA why doesnt valk
    i don't know enough about this class to know if this would make them incredibly broken or not
    Can't answer
    Stop giving classes more SA!
    with other changed this could over power or make no difference in the classes balance.
    This is another skill with a long wind up. Having it become one of the protected CC's valks don't have will help them fair better vs very agile classes like sorceress, ninja, kuno, and dark knight
    fix zerker
    It would be balanced
    give them some SA
    they need some protected skills
    I do not play valks
    it makes sense as it is a very slow skill and completely useless without any kind of protection.
    no idea
    Dont know
    Valkyries need more protection
    Needs more protection
    Due to the hindrances of valk I think it's a slight boost that will bring her more in line with other classes and help her in siege/node wars.
    Rarely ever see Valk and even more rare is for me to fight one. I cannot say anything about her skills.
    this is literally PA being complete retards that valk version doesn't have SA, there's no other way to put it.
    It should be removed on warrior too.
    idk the class
    just no, it would be a super strong sa that downsmashes
    The only difference is the super armor they are the same skill
    I'm not too sure on this skill
    Combo ability for valk needed, but need to overall reduce damage
    Even if it had Super Armor, it is still not fast enough to be useful like the Warrior skill.
    shes worse than warrior
    cause buff valk
    not much experience on the class
    Dont know enough about this skill
    Cause it sounds good
    its just unfair that warrior has the same skill but it's not protected
    Valks are pretty open when they are attacking.
    None
    iunno
    Whatever, that skill is taken for rabam only. If it gets reworked maybe
    lack of knowledge
    Don't know enough about this one, seems fine?
    don't know valk
    If warrior has it then so should Valk.
    putting more protected skills to valk will make her again "god mode" so not sure
    Because it's a long animation and relatively useless as it is
    Depends on how long Divine Power takes to cast, Warrior Ground Smash leaves me wide open to cc regardless of SA. Warriors don't have the mini-PA valkyries do.
    the valks i know are extremely good and dont seem to have an issue
    don't play valk

13. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

It has been suggested that the longer form of the Valkyrie skill Shield Chase have the front guard replaced by a super armor in order to have more reliable protection. Are you for or against this change?

upload_2019-6-6_0-49-39.png
    -
    ?
    Dont know
    Forward guard and Super-armor. We have a big fat shield.
    This skill is suicide to use as is.
    Because this change would allow a valkyrie to disengage from a fight (something that they are currently not able to do).
    makes it comparable to warriors similar skill
    to make her good
    It has a 3s cooldown, compared to Warrior's 2s iframe with same stamina cost
    Valk/Warrior should have some protected movement but not as much as striker/mystic as this is what their class excels at. This change is possible however it would have to be watched closely.
    Cause safe movement is the main issue.
    I don't play the class
    Class lacking good movement
    To be on par with most class dash. Keeping fg is only doable in 1v1
    Valk's movement is almost entirely unprotected. Having at least one dash where you can't get cc'd by any angles would be a good addition
    Currently we cannot stay in block too long because of it melting in about 1-3 skills, but combination of desync and or/large scale pvp means we easily get cc-ed out of existing forward guard on shield chase. The damage mitigation of the forward guard is irrelevant also, since the weak preawake shield gets broken in half a hit, and staying still means certain death anyway. Super armour would also give the shield an opportunity to replenish somewhat, so we can reposition, currently we might accomplish this through burning CDs of our other super armours, particularly enslar and hastiludium (which can be used as a sa engage except it has character collision and gappy super armour already).
    all classes have superarmor or iframe why not valk?
    I feel that the Shield chase skills should be functionally identical as you don't necessarily choose which is off CD. Expecting an SA, then getting FG because of a mistake in keeping track of CD would be frustrating for many players.
    I would prefer frontal guard on and off of cooldown
    It would be a simple solution for the biggest issue, lack of protected movement.
    Valk has some of the worst movement in terms of “safe movement”
    i would have taken iframe instead
    game needs more trinity, and valk should be a tank
    it need more reliable skill for mobility
    Sounds balanced
    no
    SA is better than FG
    i dont play the class
    not enough knowledge
    Yes it should, for a skill that is 12 seconds and our main source of movement. This will help the class become less suffering
    ---
    NA
    Jx
    It changes basically nothing. Its good because it has front guard and can mitigate damage as you gab close.
    Because it helps disengage
    Thematically the class should be blocking. I would instead increase the class's block strength.
    no comment
    I don't play Valk
    Consistency
    Between desync and the speed of the movement when done correctly, they could be on par with musa/mae
    To many FG's they should have some SA's
    she needs a few reliable protected mobility options, i would however remove her ability to use all 3 of the shield chase cd's from different levels of the skill
    Simply put, valkyrie movement is currently too unprotected.
    Every other class has superior protected mobility compared to valkyrie. Her current kit for mobility doesn't fit into the game regardless of her design intentions.
    In a game where most classes have protected mobility, having forward guard on mobility doesn't really make sense.
    Shield chase should be FG
    valkyries today just stand in one spot holding their block seemingly afraid to move because they don't have protection giving them protection to move would make the class more fun to play but might require nerfs in other areas
    Can't answer
    Really now? SA on this would be way too good...
    frontal guard gives room for error. creating "skill" based play style.
    The forward guard greatly helps with surviving disengages. However, because it is only a forward guard, regular dodging with it causes terrible desync and sliding in duels. So instead of leaving it as a forward guard, or changing it to SA, it should be an iframe. Valkyrie is very lacking in iframes compared to the other classes and makes her seem less likely to survive like the other classes despite being known as "the lady with the shield"
    fix zerker
    I would say yes if this is the only solution to being cced through FG similar to a lot of warrior abilities, but if they could change the game to where skills can't bleed through FG for no reason I would not make it an SA
    thats tit give them frontline protection <3
    They need more protected movement
    seems appropriate
    would make the class more about mobillity
    she needs more protected mobility
    Needs more protected cc
    I think an all resist buff would be a better option and more balanced.
    Rarely ever see Valk and even more rare is for me to fight one. I cannot say anything about her skills.
    FG AND SA, not one of the other that would be stupid.
    It's a shield ability, the block makes sense, the Super Armor does not.
    idk the class
    blocks suck on dashes, rather make it a more reliable sa (even if they fail a lot too)
    Why not both
    Front guard is stronger than Super armor its just that the server desyncs make it unreliable. Fix the desync and you fix the frontals instead of making it super armor. You can outplay a frontal you can't really outplay a super armor
    It is a charge... should not cover back
    Frontal Guard on it is very strong because the skill is mostly used for retreating, but I do agree that the reliability of Super Armor is probably better.
    she doesnt have much protection currently
    cause buff valk
    its good as it is
    Undecided
    Valk Doesn't need more protection
    she is too vulnerable when she moves
    Again, she is very open comparably to other classes when she is not standing still.
    None
    Honestly since this skill gets used even when side dashing it should have iframe to dodge graps, but SA would ofc be better than pre-awk FG
    too much super armor in fights is not enjoyable
    I think the valk's role needs to be decided by the devs first, then corresponding buffs like this can be decided.
    don't know valk
    I don't think the class needs SA on this skill. FG is fine.
    putting more protected skills to valk will make her again "god mode" so not sure
    Unprotected movement is a death sentence for this class
    They do need a bit more protection due to their lack of mobility compared to warriors. The issue I think for both Warriors and Valkyries is the system's frontal guard to start with. These just seem like bandaid solutions.
    seems like a skill that would use fg over sa
    dont play valk

14. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

It has been suggested that Valkyrie skill Shining Dash's cool down to 20-25 seconds and give it front guard at start, while moving and on all hits except the knockdown. Are you for or against this change?

upload_2019-6-6_0-53-25.png
    Why do You take this stance?

-
    Undecided
    ?
    This skill will never be used cause of the lack of damage. Any skill that dont remove a least 40% HP is useless.
    The cooldown is insane and there isn't even any protection to make that skill worth the cooldown.
    Because the skill has unreliable protection on a 35s cd and a long wind up making it completely unusable in any form of pvp.
    Class is a shield class, this would give Valk too much fast movement ability comparable to maehwa/musa but with greater protections.
    make her good
    Sounds fair.
    Valk/Warrior should have some protected movement but not as much as striker/mystic as this is what their class excels at. This change is possible however it would have to be watched closely.
    I don't play the class
    dont play the class
    I don't know enough about this skill
    Never using that skill.
    This skill is useless as of now. Long CD with no true protection. It's seen at Valk Discord as the meme BM skill.
    This skill can seldom be used due to its CD, how slow the actual movement is, and getting cc-ed out of the windup. KD is a powerful cc however the skill itself can easily be countered and/or dodged.
    Much needed protection
    barely using this skill
    As it stands, it is way too long of a cooldown. Any tuning that can bring a lower CD is good.
    Needs it
    Same considerations I made for Divine Power.
    I can’t give an opinion as I don’t have sp in this skill on my valk
    if the cd get lowered and with a reliable protection it can be a good skill to get a kd.
    n/a
    i Don't play valk
    Sounds balanced
    no
    na
    i dont play the class
    not enough knowledge
    The skill has 40+ cd and it offers so little such as damage and movement.
    ---
    NA
    Hf
    Changing the cd adds nothing. Adding protection for all hits but the cc is basically adding a skill with everything. Against the idea of adding skills that have everything after the pvp rebalance patches.
    idk
    Im assuming it does not have FG before the valk starts moving. This makes the skill useless.
    no comment
    I don't play Valk
    Consistency
    Cool down changes sure, cc's need less of.
    They need some love it's nice
    fair adjustment compared to most other classes
    This helps with damage mitigation and mobility options, a strong buff for any valkyrie on this current patch.
    Every other class has superior protected mobility compared to valkyrie. Her current kit for mobility doesn't fit into the game regardless of her design intentions.
    Who cares about Shinning Dash. It's always been a horrible skill even before awakening was a thing. IT's too telegraphed, it's damage is garbo and it's too easy to punish especially with a grab class. Not every skill needs to have a use in every situation but Shinning Dash, literally has no point to existing. If you deleted shinning dash, no one would care, who is coming up with these questions.
    I think the current Shining Dash is good enough
    not sure what this skill is but giving cc's fg is scary because of how good they can be and i believe its a damaging skill one of the most powerful skills in the game crust crusher is good because of it being a fg
    Can't answer
    Balancing does not mean sticking FG on skills that CC even if its partially
    improving pre awakened skill on valk is a good thing
    I don't understand the wording of this question. Is it asking to lower the CD of Shining Dash? If so, this skill is too garbage for a lower CD to even matter
    Protected knockdowns are not healthy for the game unless you were to revert the system
    yep yep yep give it to them <3
    Valk is known to be a wheelchair in the bdo community it needs better movement
    forward guard should linger be a innate on static skills only - depends on the animation, if there is a period of time where the class is not moving, then it should be given a static guard.
    dont think it would make the skill useful, would rather put SA than frontal, valkyrie has enough frontals
    no idea
    Dont know
    Needs protected movement
    I am all for frontal guard, but immunity against all CCs excepts for knockdowns is too OP.
    again PA being complete retards.
    Protected skills that lead to CC are bad for the game.
    idk the class
    this skill needs a full rework or just replace it with a new, actualy good skill lol
    Valk lacks protected mobility
    Don't know
    Unneeded
    It makes this pre-awaken skill actually usable.
    yes
    idk wtf that is
    there are enough classes that have movement abilities that are completely unprotected with less relevant cc's
    Cause why now
    i dont use the skill so i cannot say anything about it
    None
    We do lack protected CC more than other classes and this skill would definitely be a good gap closer + engage if properly protected
    lack of knowledge on the skill
    Same as previous answer
    don't know valk
    The skill shouldn't have FG at the start.
    This skill is terrible so any changes are better than nothing
    Don't know Valkyrie combos
    dont play valk enough to determine what would be best
    dont play valk

Attached Files:

15. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

What other suggestions would you make for balancing Valkyrie?

For balancing the game, we have to get rid of the total classe composition and remove Awakening weapon.
    Give her a slightly more reliable cc.
    Increase the durability of the pre aw block to justify using pre aw
    Lower stamina costs on abilities cause it makes the class super bad for a lot of the game
    More reliable SA or any usable iframe.
    Just lower overall Stamina Consumption. Also, if all these changes are done, feel free to revert the +40% damage buff from our 100% skill Sanctitas de Enslar.
    Keep the damage intact, considering lack of protections on most skills and how slow the animations are + how many cancels we need to execute, compared to other classes which are also known for their burst. Nerf ultimate damage, if you must, and give the class an identity besides being known as an one trick pony ult-meme. Rework preawakening kit so that we can use more of those skills, one more SA mobility, modest stamina cost reductions, rework supportive buffs so that we can be more useful, make preawake shield a bit stonger. Above all, don't make it boring/linear/easy to play/overly protected. Playing situationally, High risk>high reward is the fun valkyrie brought to me. It actually feels like you're skillful and outplaying people when you win.
    overall give her protected mobility and SA on celestial spear
    It would be nice for Righteous Charge to have SA and no CC like Hastiludium.
    Lower stamina costs
    Better block scaling, if I go full DP/DR at the moment I have no real gain, being it 300 DP or 450 DP, the block gets obliterated way too fast. If the pvp should be balanced around mass fights, this shouldn't happen.
    stamina and protections ,that it
    more damage, threat gen in pve, stronger heal...she should be a support tank
    no
    nna
    Remove the ability to sprint out of pre awakening block when all shield chases have been used up. this is a buff to quality of life.
    NA
    Add Superarmor or Frontal Guard to the Death Line Chase while off cooldown. Lower Valks overal damage to compensate.
    Either more super armor or cc's
    Buff block, Nerf the accuracy buff, change the vacuum (wave of light) as suggested above.
    no comment
    Valk depends to much on Frontal Guards. Giving them SA's even 2 would be something. Aside from this some mobility would be some quality of life for Valk.
    explore ways to make her tankier when vs multiple enemies, but don't make her tanking abilities op in small scale; if her tankiness is buffed sufficiently, i hope her damage abilities will be nerfed to make it even because i don't want a tank to deal as much damage as she is doing currently
    Aside from buffs, vacuums are very oppressive to play against and I feel should be reworked entirely on all classes. This could be done by changing how they work mechanically or simply adding a cc value to them.
    Mobility so that she fits into the current game.
    She needs more protections, maybe not more cc's but definately more forward guards. She's a class with a shield, she should be able to sit in the thick of things and at least safely contribute damage. Valk should be a class with limited CC, forcing her to use cc sparingly but being able to capitalize on situations when she does land a cc.
    chose what they should be if they are a tank make them tanky but do not let them do as much dmg ( think like a mystic) currently they are basically nukes that cannot move because their balance is so **** that if they were how they were before they were basically the fastest class one of the most tanky classes and the most dmging.
    EITHER give her an extra SA or extra CC in awakening. Also please give her more stamina reductions
    -
    Just make it less one dimensional, grab poke poke/ suck and smash is the only thing they do
    they need more tankieness and more movement a lot of valks told me i quit cause im a wheelchair..
    Give them protected skills so they can be relevant in fights and give them some protected movement skills
    drop faster from the sky when u use 100%, doesnt make sense for it to be so slow since tamers zerkers and warriors kill u in 1 second with their ult.
    Really stamina is valks biggest issue right now.
    visit the valk discord, too many things to list to make the class viable again.
    More protected mobility and some super armors
    Main issue with valkyrie is their chase potential. Being a slow immobile target in a fast paced game like BDO is a death sentence.
    N/A
    Ultimate casts too slowly and aiming is too unreliable. Would gladly trade damage for faster casting. Or would like a different ultimate altogether.
    less stamina consumption
    Undecided
    mobility. give her more mobility
    Balance out her stamina consumption, and make her a little more relevant to everyone else.
    In general her movement is horrible. Even warriors have iframe on their awk dash while we have FG and longer cool down. Almost all her issues come down to defenses being badly designed both in combat and while moving. So change Death Line Chase to iframe and then to FG while it's on cool down (same for warrior's dash)
    Define valk's role. Buff what backs that role up, nerf what doesn't.
    don't know valk
    lower the big CD of some skills
    Some protected movement to be able to avoid attacks without being cc'd instantly.

16. ChunksAhoy!

Clearing speed without getting arthritis LMAO. As a former Valk main, I will say Mobility is fine if you know what you're doing but its a bit straining.

17. flukeSG1

Why don't you just post a link to the poll instead of pasting a bunch of unformatted text?

Kio, JM, Smileybones and 1 other person like this.
  18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

imho valkyrie should have block like lancer in tera - that blocks for people behind it also. otherwise they r already *packed* with utility and damage. without downsides they would be extremely op.

Jexz likes this.
  19. Decem

#19 Decem, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  20. Jexz

I do this in RBF. you telling me it does nothing :(

What is that valks AP. Pre Ap cap removal this was not possible. Should have a 190 ap musa or mystic race for clearing gahaz with that 269+ ap valk

oR-Bishop likes this.