1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valkyrie specific results from the NA/EU Suggestions discord's second balancing survey

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Greeniewolf, Jun 6, 2019.

1. iller

Why the f*** wasn't A.P. SCALING mentioned at all?

That's obviously the largest problem there is that was never addressed.
    270ap Valk against all other classes also at 260+ AP = Getting RAGE tells in Nodewars & RBF.
    230ap Valk against all other classes also at 230+ AP = Can't even tickle a witch

It's literally a class that you CANNOT BUILD TO SUCCEED unless you spend a couple years maining a completely different class first to build up the wealth to convert into AP. No other class in the game has that HARD RoadBlock in front of them, not even poor little mistreated Tamer

Muhaha and oR-Bishop like this.
  2. Jexz

236 valk is fun 1v1 vrs softcap DP if you combo correctly.
    Movement isn't so bad if you learn all the different movement combos and intertwine them correctly.
    Group pvp sucks for me because I can't apply that knowledge i've learned with so little protection vrs so much CC just being thrown out randomly.

3. Lazesight

lol if they buff valks before kuno the current possible worst class in bdo that should either be buffed or removed from the game.

Jessy Jess likes this.
  4. Deyric

I know OP. Once again a survey that has results that contradict themselves. Which has happened on every class, and the PvP, Node, Seige survey's also.

These survey's are completely useless.

JM and Jessy Jess like this.
  5. Sun Shade

he said he was 235ish around the time he made that vid, but he says he's been grinding that same way since he was 210ap

Trigger warning for alot of people around here-this is gonna sound a little mean, but its where we are.

i agree. the surveys are uselessbut i believe it is because they are presented in a vacuum, if you will. alot of the people that know thier classes inside and out that are capable of playing or dueling in a top tier type of level, dont actually participate on the forums, they dont share information, they dont teach. they dont make vids. they keep their secrets to themselves, in most cases. which means the majority of the feedback and survey participation originate from people that are either average or sub par. which is why you see mystics complaining about their damage, or valks complaining about their movement, or archers complaining about their survivability. on an average to below average skill level, their complaints actually are valid. but the game is not entirely balanced around average skill level. it also takes into account top tier performance, which you wont see a lot of feed back from. most people that do perform at that top tier level avoid talking about what they do because the community gets a bruised ego and backlashes on them, talks them down. which is why they keep their secrets to themselves and let their actions speak for themselves. or they develop special cliques that are more accepting of what they do.

granted there are aspects of the game that everyone is going to excell at, and others they wont. some people that are really good at dueling 1v1, might suck at 2v2 and 3v3, or even 1vX (RBF, Nodewar, ecetera). another player might be really good at taking on multiple people at once but handle 1v1's at an average skill level. but from what i understand, the vast majority of the players that play the game only pvp when forced into it. an overwhelming majority of the players in this game actually focus on life skills.

that said- trying to conduct a survey will only yield a skewed outlook of the current situation, biased twards the majority of the player base.

#25 Sun Shade, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Did I just catch her doing an animation cancel with the item cheer reaction? ROFL. WTF are your peoples button reaction speeds.

Welcome to Dk's nightmare with PvP.

7. Sun Shade

no. there are no cheer emotes, you have to put your weapons away to do an emote anwyay, or you'd have to click the emote directly-which very clearly wasn't up in the video.

"ShouriToday at 6:55 PM
    yeah they have
    no idea what I'm doing
    what does cheer item reaction animation cancel
    wtf is that suppsed to mean
    "

the valk discord used to have alot of tutorials how to move like that, you'll have to ask him directly now. theres two valks i know of that can do it properly on US... everyone else just looks weird to me now ._.

#27 Sun Shade, Jun 18, 2019
  8. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

This survey was completely useless. It completely ignores the elephant in the room, valk stamina costs for movement.
    They can't grind until end-game.

Easy fix: 5 stamina gain per pve kill for all classes.
    This wouldn't disrupt any pvp balance while allowing them the same chance to gain silver and xp by grinding.
    Other classes have an unfair progression advantage. Period.

269 AP yet still having to do 2-4 skills on some packs is not a problem?
    This zone is meant for 190 AP. Make a video of a valk clearing that with sub-200 AP at that pace and I will be impressed.

#28 oR-Bishop, Jun 18, 2019
  9. Sun Shade

Scroll up. I said that video he was 210 to 235. Someone else speculated that was 269.but the valk in that vid broke 253 only this week.

If people learn basic reading comprehension instead of shooting from the hip dismissing something, ill be impressed.

10. Jexz

11. TeRRoRibleOne

This is what I wanted to comment on, those nice person comments:
    A Classe with a shield would be have protected mobility... Its logic - If we're going to use logic, a class holding a large shield with a large lance wouldn't be mobile at all on the ground. Think about it.

She needs more protections - Might as well be the dumb thing warriors want, please give us lingering super armor

Rework her entire pre aw kit as it is one of the weakest in all of bdo. - Weakest in all of bdo? I can see you haven't played other classes.

Right now for everything else minus 1v1, valks are only good for their sucking 100%. - Somewhat agree with this

Stronger shield, SA movement. - so you want to be a tank with protected fast movements while holding a large shield and large lance? No

Valkyrie needs to somehow be tankier for Largescale without making her 1v1 OP. Potentially give her a cooldown that temporarily increases her block strength so she can sponge damage from multiple enemies for a short period. - If we are going to make Valk a "tank", normally in other games tanks don't do much damage. So if you want to be tankier, then damage has to be decreased.

Reduce the stamina costs of abilities - They were also screwed with the stamina nerf like other classes

More sa or protected dash (Iframe/sa) - So this is a class that already sponges more damage than the mobility classes (musa/maehwa). You are asking to make Valk a musa/maehwa with a super armor dash. So then what will you give those two classes as they are literal glass cannons with no grab?

Less CC more AOE damage - You are playing the wrong class, might want to reroll

Put vacuum spell on the CC limit or remove this mechanic from the game for all classes that have it (mystic, sorc, valk). - so you want to delete those classes from the game? What? For mystic and valk this is what they excel in.

She needs more protections in large scale, and in small scale/1v1's, she needs a GOOD protected cc to be able to catch certain classes. Some are literally uncatchable for a valkyrie like sorceress - You may want to stick to PvE

depends highly on gear. with enough gear you're a god in pvp but otherwise just useless. - That is almost every single class in this game minus witchards and archers aka lowest skill floor classes.

MAKE HER MORE TANKY ITS A TANK CLASS FFS AND WE DONT HAVE A FRONTLINE CAUSE EVERYONE IS PLAYING RANGE CLASSES CAUSE TANKS ARE ****!!!!!!! we are missing warriors - valks - zerkers - strikers .. everyone was playing mystic now they are swaping to archer cause RANGE DMG no one want to be a meele cause in the backline of en enemy raid are 16 x archer and u have NO for real NO chance to survive... im playing zerker.. and with a trail zerker and 400DP its not possible to do a devestation infront of an enemy zerk.. cause they see OH MEELE IS TRADING SA KILL HIM EZ black arrow.. so what we need is a DP push on Meele classes OR a AP reduction on range classes .. on long u will lose all the melee classes that currently playing.. go in the RBF and watch this situation.. 16 archers in the backline and 10 x wiz infront and ?? 1 x warri? or maybe 1 x zerker? thats all.. so the INT classes have to tank the frontline dmg cause they are able to trade SA .. do u know 1 MMO in the world where tanks cant tank? lmao - the NA meta is ranged. It's true and it sucks
    Rework into paladin archetype - buffing team by presence, skills and positioning. - it does have skills for that.......
    finish balancing the ****ing thing. Revert to pre-renown state and try again. - I agree with this person, the nerfing destroyed a lot of classes that they have yet to even attempt to fix... They keep buffing a certain class that doesn't need it for large scale PvP

No change - Well this makes you the idiot of the group and that was pretty hard based on some of the comments

less dmg more tank - someone who understands what a tank is.

Reduce damage of attacks, much too high - lol, such a horrid comment

Maybe some of you valks need to practice your movement.... here's a video for you to watch because Amouu doesn't have these issues, I fight him in RBF all the time.

12. Jexz

@TeRRoRibleOne
    Amouu is really good and positions really well , a lot can be learned from that video
    But it is still a montage, To post a montage video and say valk is fine or any class for that matter is kind of obtuse.
    Amouu himself thinks at least one charge of shield chase should have SA

Tara sanct with FG yeah that would be sexy as hell .

1. Class You are referring to -Valkyrie
    2. Why do you like this class? -Has been my main class since Nov2016
    3. Why do you not like this class? -N/A
    4. What is this classes biggest issue? -Stamina consumption & lack of protection
    5. In what way could this class be made better (nerf/buff) -Simple changes! I'm not a very complex man. Changes -Make one charge of Shield Chase a Super Armor to strategize the play more around SA rotating. -Remove the Bound from Terra Sancta & add a Frontal Guard. -Make Verdict Lancia possible to be used off cooldown by costing stamina & removing SA when casted during CD.
    6. How is one class similar to the other class? -N/A
    7. How is one class different from the other class? -In nearly every aspect the classes are different. I only see them the same as having a basically SA Guard.
    8. Supporting Arguments. -Most Valkyrie players will agree that Terra Sancta is virtually impossible to use during group pvp content. If no other change goes through i'm sure we'd all be happy with this.
    9. one specific question you think should be asked and weighed in on by the community taking the poll -For the valk / warrior poll? Should Valkyrie bound be removed from Terra Sancta & Added frontal guard to compensate. -For the community poll? Should we increase the overall effectiveness of DR to be of some contest with late game evasion builds? (620+GS)

#32 Jexz, Jun 18, 2019
    Muhaha likes this.
  13. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

Contradicting results within a class survey hint that the class is actually balanced to some extend.
    If you want non-contradicting results, look at the Ninja and Kuno survey, that one is actually pretty clear.

14. RobinYoHood

Imagine thinking Kuno is the worst class of the game when she is 80% of the time in an iframe state basically off screen and cant get punished and only comes back in screen to cast CCs that are very fast and difficult to punish. Please revise that class compare it to valk , its a 2 different worlds.

Muhaha likes this.
  15. RobinYoHood

We can clearly tell you havent spend a single hour even trying Valkyrie to know that giving any class FG on their dash is the biggest slap in the face when almost all of ccs in the game are AOEs and go through FGs... Yea Amouu is great, sets the standards for a good playstyle but he is the minority, he is as good as he is not because of the kit ,but because he is a very smart player that knows how to get around with good timing and prediction, but he still gets torched easily a lot of times doing those movement combos that are highly unprotected and high risk , I’ve dueled him, you cant go based off of a montage.

Damage arguments in BDO are worthless when once every class reaches softcap+ they can 1 shot combo everybody else, and to be honest other classes have more consistent damage than Valkyrie, Valkyrie has Terra 15 sec cooldown her only big damage skill , what if that skill is on CD? or gets immune cause its not a 100% Accuracy skill? then what? the rest of her kit does mediocre damage.

And no we are not asking for spam-able iframes like Musa and Maehwa we’re asking for an iframe dash with a cooldown that doesn’t allow you to spam, just like Warriors.

Bottomline is sir you have no experience with Valkyries kit or actual playstyle.

#35 RobinYoHood, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  16. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

17. oR-Bishop

Valencia grind spots got 2x respawn rate now. Valkyries have a significant disadvantage to clear speed for these grinds, apart from aakman and hystria. That dipairage has just been doubled or more. This is essentially denying valk access to these grinds. Don't tell me people won't pull the "you can't grind this spot as efficiently as I can" argument from players.

18. Lazesight

Why not reroll to a witch or wizard like everyone else for pve? even PA agrees as they care little about class ballance for both pve and pvp.

19. oR-Bishop

Because there was balance and they added stiff stamina penalties for no reason.
    They just need to reset them to the way they were or find another means to balance.

They do care about balance but only barely, and only for end-game pvp. They've given up messing with anything else.
    This isn't a pure pvp game. In those games you pvp to progress to become stronger in pvp.
    This game is a pve to pvp game. They don't get the luxury of ignoring pve balance.

They wanted to add stamina as a significant resource to manage. They succeeded.
    They've just done a horrible job with it.

Managing two resources simultaneously, then tying it to movement make game play horrible. They literally added misery to game play and called it content balancing.
    "Players are enjoying the game too much nowadays. How can we make it suck for them?"

I get that having a tank with limited movement seems interesting. When the game is grind heavy, where hundreds of hours are needed to get to end-game, the class becomes unplayable.

If they can't make a path for all classes to be able to grind to end game, they shouldn't have those classes in the game. They make a clear path to end game for some players and riddle the path with obstacles for others. It's wrong.

Easy Fix: Add 5 stamina gain per pve kill for all classes. Problem solved.
    No pvp balance conflict, just the same clearing speed for all classes.

#39 oR-Bishop, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Muhaha likes this.
  20. Lazesight

In nodewars and seige a valkyrie will do far better than a kuno infact they will even be allowed on the field to fight whilst the trashy kuno sits on a cannon.