1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Value Paks

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Nadan, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

Silver gain in the game is easier than ever. Its not worth it to buy the pearl items to sell on the MP. This is why you have seen a decrease on overall pearl item sales. Plus a lot of the hard core whales are probably hitting their gear goals so dont need to swipe as hard nowadays to advance. Plus there is the fact that if they are buying pearl items they could just be using them themselves (hi costume heating looking at you). So the only real way for them to fix this is to increase the silver gains from pearl items. But they also know that it will probably cause another huge outcry from people about more P2W and will possibly see another wave of people quitting over it.

2. TeRRoRibleOne

Or a crazy idea, you pay for your monthly subscription.... cause that is what a value pack is the equivalent of.... if you actually had to pay $15 a month like WoW or Final Fantasy then they could just get rid of the value pack entirely.. but so many of you want it to be as free as possible to where people have the audacity that someone else isn't shelling out $15 of their hard earned money to sell something on the MP out of the generosity of their heart. Mind you a majority of the people who complain about said value pack are those that paid less than $10 for the game or even got it for free.

3. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

If BDO was a sub game you would see the game population plummet. To a lot of people this game is not worth 15 dollars a month and just throw down a PO for a VP to get the boost every once in awhile when they finally win it. Once my supply of value packs runs out I wont be buying anymore. On your comment about other people posting items on the MP "out of the generosity of their heart" that's BS, that person sees the value of selling someone said item as worth it to them else they wouldn't be doing it.

VasilisD and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. TeRRoRibleOne

And you think all people are like that..... I guess you also believe the only people who used to gift items did it to get something else too, not out of the generosity of their heart.... how naive.

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

according do devs themselvs, these people arent even the target audience for "true endgame".... so i guess.... good riddance? :D

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  6. Nadan

Dont' think somethings going on fro PA..Take a screen shot of the VP market then do another in 12 hrs and compare sales to VP added to the market..
    Yeah ok sure thing..Thats it!!!!

7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

No better come up with a conspiracy theory about Pearl Abyss eating your babies.

8. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Since VPs are getting harder to get for free, why isn't BDO population crashing on Steam charts ?

9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Ummm. Yea no.
    If this game were sol subbased, no one would tolerate any of the massive failures PA has been dishing out.

90% of the game is purposefully inconvenienced to drive pearl sales. With a sub base we would have a complete game, with working and complete content, with regular balance updates proper gear selection, and naturally occurring in game nice looking armor sets.

PAs monetization is based on ptw/ptc gambling to prolong basic things, and whales.

If anything all they need to do now is drop the market limits with pearl items and just let everything be able to be listed. The ftp people can ftp, an whales can continue whaling.

#29 Kynreaa, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Yea right, you cant stop people from whaling in a ptw/ptc game.

There spending it for them selves. No matter how trivial you see the gains as, or how not worth it in your eye it may be.

11. 2Cents

It feels like those statements should be made from a cartoon villain.

WinterMilla likes this.
  12. 2Cents

#Fixed

13. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

I remember a few months back when there were hardly any orders and there were enough VPson MP. I thought we might have the situation we are facing now and went and bought 2 years worth of VPs. I still have 1 1/2 years left.

14. ZyZy

I hear you. I luffs this game, but one or two things like Value Packs becoming impossible to get are usually enough to drop moral for a large populace to the point of mass exodus. I'm hoping for compromise on this issue.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  15. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

I feel like if they wanted to make the Value packs more accessible to everyone, It always should have been a first come first served basis.
    That way everyone would eventually get one and not based on RNG, imagine the lucky fella who got one already and decided to put a pre order and manage to get one in the same week...and again...and again...and again...and again.

Also, to prevent overload of the mp, players with more than 3 value packs in their inventory shouldn't be allowed to pre order on the value packs to give players with none the incentive to actually get one. So the rich doesn't get richer in that regard.

16. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

Because the game didnt suddenly swap to a subscription so they can still login? People can still play the game without a VP activated. All it means is they have to horde their marketplace sales until they have enough to make it worthwhile to drop loyalty to sell it all. Along with having better inventory management.

VasilisD likes this.
  17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

So what's your saying is that value packs aren't must haves and there are free alternative that people are massively using ?

18. 2Cents

Actually, I think he stated the game is objectively worse and plays differently without one. After all why would someone pay for such an item if it didn't "enchant" their game experience?
    I see what you did there!

Thus we can conclude, if it enhances the game experience, NOT having it does the opposite. Is that the point you where making?

Ben Phoenix and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  19. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

Pretty much, All I said on my post you originally quoted is that people were not posting the value packs out of the "goodness of their hearts" as the other person I quoted stated and that the person posting the value pack felt the silver gain for their investment was worth the return.

20. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

Honestly dropping the market cap on pearl items on everything would be the best solution as it would let the value grow on in demand items until whales start buying them again. I had a PO on a tailoring coupon for months before I decided to finally drop it in favor of a value pack. Besides the obvious P2W issue/argument on this the only thing that I could see this possibly doing is making certain items outpace everything else and stop the same of the cheaper silver/pearl ratio items.

Another thing that I would like to see them do but they never will is add more of the items to the loyalty shop but make them expensive. Make outfits cost 3 months worth of loyalty and functional outfits cost 6 months.