1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Value Paks

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Nadan, Sep 6, 2019.

1. WinterMilla

You can't play a game if your not playing the game, the game is playing itself. In truth when I still played BDO would be on from the time the servers went live till they went down, but there is no way I played for all of those hours. It would be like saying I logged into BDO and sat at the title screen counts as me playing the game.

2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

- butchering without having to swap off muskets
    - shooting muskets 3 times without having to reload
    - LFG feature
    - beauty album
    - photo gallery
    - weightless silver
    - almost weightless drops for many boss scrolls
    - stackable scrolls sthat don't expire
    - transport system upgrade
    - global lab
    - transition to a better hosting company for servers
    - ingame loot listing tool
    - global settings saver/uploader
    - new UI
    - improvement on blue whales behavior from huge desync and missed shot mess to acceptable state nowadays
    - several buffs to hunting loot
    - old moon fences for master farmers + seeds but I'm feeling generous and list them only once in a pack
    - guild missions, buffs and features revamp
    - character tagging system

I need three times the apologies now.

3. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

With a VP active and after doing the storyline/suggested quests you should have roughly 86 inventory slots which is plenty to do anything in the game except for afk fish for an extended period of time. They also give out inventory slots a few times a year in the attendance rewards. On the weight point it is 200 total weight you can get not 50, and for a normal everyday character and not an afk processor that will be plenty as well. You mentioned a Shai character which has even more carry weight, I believe my Shai with 3 of the 4 loyalty weights and lvl 20 weight has around 1306 max carry weight with 0 pearl shop buys. This is with normal armor on and a TET basi belt not a golden coral belt. 1306 weight is a ton and the only time it would really be an issue is if I am wanting to afk process on it.

The serendian outfit actually looks pretty good and you can even hide the helm on it which is the worse part of the whole thing. I wore it as well on my Shai at the start of the class. The Karlstein drop rates are horrible i agree with that. I was just pointing out the fact that it is possible for most classes to obtain a non time limited pearl shop costume without spending pearls or buying it from the market.

I am not "white knighting" this stuff either. I am just pointing out both sides of the argument not just the "gimmie free stuff for logging in each day".

Fateneko likes this.
  4. WinterMilla

OK lets have a look
    • Fair enough
    1. Almost never used and a half baked feature
    2. Fair enough
    3. same as 3 really but fair enough
    4. fair enough
    5. my potions and trash drops would like to have a word with you
    6. unless this is recent my expired pila fe scrolls would like to have a word with you
    7. takes longer for me to send the same amount of logs then before so no
    8. labs does nothing since they really dont test anything on it, KR is test server
    9. DDoS would like to have a word with you
    10. its has some things missing on loot tables and pirates island isnt even on there, unless it bugged out
    11. no one really uses this, but ill say fair enough
    12. This is their what third UI?
    13. haven't tested
    14. don't hunt so i wouldnt know
    15. fair enough I guess? Need a farmer's opinion on this
    16. debateable
    17. TAG SYSTEM IS STRAIGHT TRASH, DON'T YOU EVER CALL IT A QUALITY OF LIFE YOU.......
    Wow 18 not even 20, and most of them aren't even good changes. What a joke.

Ben Phoenix and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  5. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Many of these so called good changes would not have been necessary if they tested things before release.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  6. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

On point 6 it only applies to daily/weekly scrolls. But for the relic/book/pila parts you can now put them in the CM warehouse and they will all stack and only have 1WT each. So you can effectively store as many scroll parts as you want. But I also agree on your point as they should have this feature applied to the memory fragment stuff as when your grinding in the hard to reach places its a pain to leave your grind area and unload stuff.

7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

How come I'm not surprised that I listed the required changes that aren't money makers and you won't admit you were wrong, and instead bltch about this and that, deflecting from the point, "conveniently" ?

I could take more time and list more but honestly, given your attitude this is a total waste of time. Besides anyone playing this game since release perfectly knows what I'm talking about, which is making money doesn't only come from selling items, it comes from improving customer satisfaction by providing 'free' QoL changes, but your religion doesn't allow you to process such advanced piece of information.

Fateneko likes this.
  8. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

Agreed and disagreed at the same time on this comment. Some of the stuff could have really used testing but they have also since released the global labs for feedback on stuff. Also some features evolve over time and while some stuff worked at one point it no longer does so needs to be reworked. There's also different points of view on whats good and what isnt. Its possible that their main target audience has a different taste on stuff than their secondary target audiences so stuff is built differently. Hint US/EU isnt their primary audience.

9. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Yes and I said many not all. As for their ui changes it would have been better if they left it as it was initially. The ui and all the notification spam in this game is just horrible.

10. WinterMilla

Never said you couldn't make it with lowered inventory space, but rather more is helpful. Between my gathering on my shai and grinding my banks get rather full rather fast. Even my CM bank is hitting the almighty limit on weight. Also an AFK proccessor is gonna want all the weight they can get as it lets you process more.

Some like the serendai outift some don't. That still doesn't mean that what I suggested is a bad idea. Buying things from the market takes months and thats if there is a seller for it at all.

Its not gimme free stuff since im willing to kill mobs in a circle all day for it. Odd how people ask to improve F2P every complains about it.

11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

No MMO game company has ever been able to release a finished product in 20 years, but somehow an MMO newbie will teach us how to perform such a feat.

Besides, it's quite easy and cheap to state afterwards "this could have been done better" when you haven't been in charge of anything in such projects or wintessed any dev process, which is most likely the case.

12. WinterMilla

My cult of the anti-BS is strong yes, and many should accept it. Did you provide examples? For once yes you did mind you not meeting the 20 like I asked and also having one repeat feature and also having features that are so flawed and never used.

You made what maybe 5 post that had any kinda weight behind them. 5/20 isn't a passing grade and out of 3 years surely isn't passing. How about the stuff we asked for? If you gonna add a party find feature in the game then your gonna need to have party content for more than the tippy top GS or no one is ever gonna use it. Also they will need to add a way for the party leader to set the gear rules on the request, but you know they can sooooooo.

13. WinterMilla

Yea its not like companies are purposely making decisions that players beg them not to make on a daily. No No they are all happy little mistakes.... with a big price tag on them.

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Way to miss the whole point of free QoL features to improve the customer experience thus sales on top of failing again to admit you were wrong.

It's okay tho keep deflecting into your propaganda and bltching about details, this topic readers are clearly impressed.

15. WinterMilla

Cant be a Quality of Life if the drop the quality of said life. I gave you some thumbs up for what was it 5 points there others were just........

They are impressed by your level of denial/ WhiteKnighting.

Ben Phoenix and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

As I said I could take time to bring up more points,b ut given your attitude based on your religion it's a total waste of time.

Should I quote you where you said you could only recall one point ? My 5 points you so generously admitted are already 5x the amount of what your biased self claimed there were existing, but I guess this never happened in the topic at all thus there is no apologies for you to make.

Sigh, feel free to produce more nonsense I have exposed enough for one day.

17. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

As @Smileybones stated he could easily list other stuff. Just listed some of the stuff not everything. Yes there has been ups and downs. But when people want to find only the bad that's all they will find and no matter how much of the good stuff other people point out they will only still see the bad.

Smileybones likes this.
  18. WinterMilla

OK then produce all the good then. Try not to mention busted systems this time.

19. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

This is true that there is good and bad, ups and downs, but it never ceases to amaze me that some people will never admit that there are bad things about this game to the point that any negative comment is pounced upon and the poster is ridiculed for having a negative opinion.

20. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Except this isn't what happened and you know it. This "poster" claimed Pearl Abyss doesn't make free of charge changes to the game, you can stop changing the facts according to your biased narrative.

Besides, actually, what happened is quite the opposite of what you stated, the debate was about PA making free updates to the game and your "poster" friend denied most of them for obvious religious reasons, trying pathetically to deflect the debate from update that make no money into good or bad updates debate.

The lack of honesty of some people is really astounding.