1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vell AoE Attack as Carrack Captain kills

Discussion in 'Quests and NPCs' started by NicoX, Sep 6, 2020.

1. NicoX

Thread Title: Vell AoE Attack as Carrack Captain kills
    Date of occurrence: last time 06-09-2020 since like 3-4 weeks now
    Quest / NPC Name: Vell (World Boss)
    Details: Since like 3-4 Weeks the AoE attack (Where you dive or grab a cannon to be safe) from Vell kills as a Carrack Captain, before this time i was always safe from that attack and took no Damage. I'm also not able to grab the steering wheel before the attack hits like i would be on a guild galley cannon.

Reproduction Steps:
    1. Do Vell with a Carrack
    2. Wait to get dismounted
    3. AoE attack comes
    4. Death (also exp loss)

Screenshots/Video/Attachments:
    Video Link:

2. BlueSatin_old

Try not to jump to the water... because you probably ends in another ship deck spawned from nowhere...
    Is a recursive problem with no solution at the moment in a weird attack that they don't try to fix.

3. NicoX

Yeah thats the thing i never jumped into the water because of ships spawning and so on. But so far i always got no dmg staying on the Carrack but that changed like 3-4 weeks away since than i die from vells attack.

4. Minarya

Minarya DarkKnight 63 EU
    Ambassador

Seems to be a bit of a desync issue to me. You could see that right before you died, the interact prompt finally showed up. So your connection just delayed your ability to interact with the ship, and only gave it to you when the attack already happened. I had that happen before too, but it is unrelated to the ship youre using.

5. NicoX

Okey normally my internet connection should be fine. And before those 3-4 weeks i also couldn't interact with the ship till the attack already hitted but i took no damage like i do now.

6. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

Well, me as Carrack captain never died on Vell. You as captain should jump into water and dive almost as were anchors. After Vell attack you just click port to wheel (use anchor icon, hope you know that), then continue. As long as I know non-galley captains was never safe on Vell (many times our captains died cuz they cant grab wheel and didnt jump in water).
    Also you should know where is your jump spot since when you use shift+f5 and dont see other ships...

Wanna survive? Jump in water ;)
    Wanna risk it and die? Stay at wheel ♥

7. NicoX

Thats exactly my point i also never died before without jumping in the water i was always safe as Carrack captain. (Question here if this was intended and its now fixed or taking damage now is a bug)
    And the thing with jumping in the water i did the last times but you often land on some other ships because ppl can't stand still at vell so they move but with shift+f5 you don't see them and land on their ships and also die :D

Edit: I was also alway safe with Galleass without diving before i had the carrack.

8. Kargor

There is no XP loss when Vell kills you. Maybe you should watch your own video.

9. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

Well before I hit shift+f5 I park to have safe back for jumping :D. And also still chacking minimap if some **** dont park in my ship ;)

10. NicoX

yeah because i used elions to revive
    yeah sadly that doesn't always work out