1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vell, Obviousness, and a Simple Plea(s)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Prochilles, Jan 28, 2018.

?

Example Poll: What do you want to see in upcoming content?

1. More Classes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. More Gear Options

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. New PvP Content

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Dungeons

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. New World Boss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Boss Trains Back

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. More water Content

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Another Zone

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Prochilles

I get that you guys want to brag about the game having ocean bosses, but please quit trying to force useless content into the game. Yea, I was a little excited when the moment came and tried to bum a ride on any ship that I saw moving, but 30 minutes later the ship and its crew I found was lagged out as I was when I gave up and tried to hop over to a working channel.

Margoria may have been a financial success idk, but in game it's worthless content. The 1% of the players who like it out of the 1% of players that have actually gone, may disagree, but to the rest know there is no worth in it. So naturally I think the reason for this boss was to drive more people over to Margoria territory > So people buy more costumes, play undesired content that was worked so hard on, etc., BUT this is just an assumption.

The worrisome bit over this is that this theory is evident in other areas. Content that isn't played is forced on players by means of obtaining content we want. Like supporting an unused, irrelevant area by having new boss content and drops, we also have knowledge, etc. hidden behind the quests in Kamasilvia. Why do this?

Obviously Vell wasn't going to work. Water + Thousands of Boats + Thousands of players + Giant boss + all the skills going back and forth, this was doomed from the start. Maybe once the hype of a new boss is gone it will be doable, if enough people leave boss alts etc., but we lag at regular bosses, 1 boss in content no one likes is going to leave devs working on patching future unused content.

Simple plea, please listen to the player base. Obviously we rage a lot, as there is a lot to rage at, but good ideas get thrown into these forums all the time, even when they are buried in anger. Please, hear us and even create some rating system, poll, or something in-game, or in-forums, something that the community can agree with, something we know we will put time into. Go so far to ask what pearl shop items we want and will buy. Offer some options you approve of and we can approve or disapprove of items, before time is wasted on overly p2w items that you guys will be raged at over. Collaborate with consumers.

We want the same goals, for bdo to be successful, this will benefit all parties, and when we all hop on forums we can see positive posts instead of the consistently overwhelmingly negativity that floods every thread, of which I've had my fair share.

2. Goat Gruff

I would like instanced areas to farm with a party. Like Aakmans or Hysteria just revamped to be worth going to. Though that might defeat the purpose of open world but you see the mess that is any world boss with lag and rubber banding. If they upgraded their servers I would rather have open content, since they won't or can't though instanced areas would be my next choice.

3. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Berserker NA

None. I would like to see better servers before ANY OF THAT gets implemented. Thanks.

4. PurplePumpkin

> Fix server optimization
    > Class balance (an ever present issue)
    > More PvE interactive content (not instance dungeons or raids, we already have savage rift) but maybe mini-games, interactive emotes and incentives for people to party up. (buffs)
    > Rework of OW PvP and karma system
    > Make boss mechanics more interesting and dynamic.

First and foremost the servers need to be optimized. I think Vell would have been better received if the server(s) could have handled it.

5. Prochilles

It's just an example poll/survey mentioned in op, so there are only a few of limitless options mentioned.