1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vell PvP needs to be adjusted

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DarkGG, Jul 14, 2019.

1. LucidKill

No he doesn't get it. And neither do you. You are both misinformed on how loot works in this situation. Loot is generated upon opening of the loot box from your black spirit safe, not when Vell is killed. It's RNG when you open the box. Attempting to limit the looting of others does nothing for your chances of getting lucky when you open your Vell box.

o0ABC0o likes this.
  2. easay9

yep they sink others for no actual good reason at vell.

They are a griefing guild and everything they have said in this thread does not change this

LucidKill likes this.
  3. Zycrus

To me they look like a guild that enjoys all different aspects of the game. I cannot see how and where they grief? Several posts show that with a tiny bit of using brain you still get vell 100% and it is not even high effort. And since when do you need a reason to have fun in a game? If I enjoy sinking you, you can try to avoid it, options are there. You can fight back. But crying over it and trying to deny others fun, just because YOU think it is not fun. Come on....

CunningStuntz likes this.
  4. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

Yea but you need to at least be at Vell correct? Can’t collect just from chillin at lema island. That’s what I mean. The less people at Vell, the higher my chances of getting a heart become.

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Way to totally fail to understand what you quoted: if there was a single player soloing Vell on a channel their chances at getting a heart would be the same as if there were 1k players at Vell on the same channel since the rolls are instanced per player.

o0ABC0o, Lord_Xenon, easay9 and 2 others like this.
  6. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

If you let one guild lock down an entire world boss that you can always jump to another channel for then I guess i don’t know what to tell you. My guild had personally never ran into this issue because the guild in question knows better than to make enemies of the wrong guilds who could lock them out of every other content besides the sea. Either jump channels or dec and deal with them.

CunningStuntz likes this.
  7. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

There are 2 types of reward bundle. Saw last time in chat someone get Intermediate since we get advanced bundle.

----

Btw guys, stop crying, there is already a lot of salty water in ocean. If you dont like being sunk, dont go there. You have fun by killing beatles at Olvia, we have fun at ocean by sink others... Deal with it.

EU pirate (I guess/hope we are lucky to have less terrestrial rats then NA) :D

[​IMG]

CunningStuntz and Cahir like this.
  8. LucidKill

You can't jump channels with a galley. That's the point of this thread. People do not want to waste an hour of their time going to and from Vell just to be locked out of it by a griefing guild who gets their jollies by preventing random people from participating in the most annoying world boss. They just want to a chance at loot and are seeking a way to do so. There have been many suggestions, but that doesn't change the fact that these griefers are ruining others' experience at a weekly boss.

easay9 likes this.
  9. Cahir

Cahir Sorceress 63 EU

We are comming in peace, until you are in range for cannons giphy (18).gif

obitum, NoisyBoy and GismoShow like this.
  10. easay9

^ this right here

Its a 1 time a week world boss there should be no PVP preventing you from doing the content.

any other time on the sea is fair game but at a world boss there should be NO PVP

11. NoisyBoy

There are no instances on bdo, stop asking for the unreasonable

GismoShow likes this.
  12. easay9

in what way is this asking for the unreasonable no other boss has PVP at it unless the boss is dead

The difference with vell is you need to take a boat to him thus there should be no PVP until he is dead plain and simple.

anyone defending this crap is part of a group that also sinks people for zero reason :P

your defending what is already considered unreasonable to many.

13. NoisyBoy

If you are not with me you are bad, nice reasoning there. Bosses has no pvp since people cried way too much. Ops, thats what you are doing right now. Keep it!

14. easay9

and you just proved my point.....

they removed pvp at the other bosses so there was no griefing it should be no different with vell.

there should be no PVP at vell because no other bosses have this issue

all bosses should be the same PVP rules especially Vell who is a 1 time a week spawn.

they should not keep it!

#254 easay9, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Lord_Xenon likes this.
  15. obitum

Lets make instanced zone while we're at it so I dont get killed while grinding. <.<

16. obitum

Sometime our war dec list is fairly huge and include many siege guild haha. People do lie alot about us sinking multiple channel at once as well and make no effort to avoid us. I lol'd everytime I heard that our "whole" guild is there on multiple channel since many of us work on Sunday.

17. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

Oh my guild is a siege guild and has been dec’d on y’all a few times tho the decs don’t stay up too long. Y’all are one of the stronger guilds when it comes to the sea so can rule the sea as you see fit. Anytime my guild has been dec’d on y’all, I just make sure you gotta watch your back when you’re on dry land no matter the channel, afk or not, etc. that’s because my guild with a handful of others are the strongest on land. On land, we have to balance good relations with other guilds and giving our members the best grind spots to make their gains freely to avoid getting zerged on saturdays. This is just how mmos are. If people don’t like the big bad bully out at sea, then build a navy and fight back. Or everyone drop a dec prior to heading out. Force the top sea guild to rethink its guild relations when out at sea. No reason one guild should change an entire game mechanic.

NoisyBoy and obitum like this.
  18. easay9

The issue isn't them ruling the sea............

the issue is there is no system in place to protect players at a world boss that is in the middle of the ocean and only spawns once a week.
    they are preventing players from getting their drop for the week that is called griefing that is not PVP.

Like I said above world bosses have it in place so people cant kill each other for zero reason to prevent each other from getting their boss boxes

people in MMOs like to be ####holes mmos that have allowed pking at world bosses in the past were faction vs faction that is a major difference.

If there is one thing I have learned from multiple MMOs is that people will ruin a game if they are given too much freedom

remember mortal?

no one does because all it contained was player griefing.

The limits are there for a reason why is vell an exception?

19. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

What the hell even is this thread? It reminds me of the early days where people were defending the idea of griefing other players, and calling them carebears.Straight up cringy, dudes. Straight up cringy.

Let me make it clear: Defending your grindspot and killing the other person or killing somebody for a grindspot is a completely different animal from just shooting anybody on sight at a world boss. The former is a method in which you defend or enforce your right to a grind spot, which I wholeheartedly support. The latter is griefing because you don't gain anything from actually killing the other player, besides making them miserable and making it so they miss out on content. Stopping a player from doing vell doesn't increase your chances at getting Vell's heart, hence it isn't naturally beneficial for you. I don't support this. It's not even a competition when you're just shooting weaker players out of the sea. Not to mention you add to their stress because now they have to find some other means of getting back to land, either by paying for a tear, the loyalty rescue item, swimming back manually and wasting time, or finding someone else to take them back. It's nothing but being an as^hole for the sake of being an as^hole.

This why we can't have nice things. It's why they removed exp loss in pvp and increased the karma penalty. All because you jerks can't control yourselves and have to be as^holes to other players minding their own business even if it doesn't mean any actual benefit to yourself. Christ.

20. easay9

Well said litterally the point Im trying to get across