1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vell PvP needs to be adjusted

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DarkGG, Jul 14, 2019.

1. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

Cause they have 100 ships and box you in. Again thanks for trying to justify this guilds ability to being toxic. Alot of guilds bring galleys with green gear, which are unable to defend themselves against 2+ boats ramming them. So please keep justifying this behavior.

Your right i am just another player in a game i am trying to enjoy, and you are just another player taking my right away from doing content. So what gives you or anyone else the right to do so at the only boss that still has PVP turned on, knowing all well people have to get there way before way or risk server desync and try and get there before he died.

#41 DarkGG, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2019
    DevDev likes this.
  2. Deyric

In most cases there are consequences for grieving repetitively. Clearly here there isn't, and much more problematic to players on the oceans than land.

There at least needs to be a rework of where people and their ships are placed when they die.

And people shutting others out of content just because they can is prickish. They wouldn't try this on larger pvp guilds on land, and they know it.

Fateneko and Chaos Ronin like this.
  3. cloj

You can do this on land if you haven't noticed. A whole platoon can just gank away at one person at a grind spot or wherever. It's just more annoying cause getting around water is like being stuck in goo.

Sailboats are are like 300-400m right now. We just had an event that gave 500m, and every week there are multiple rifts that give you a chance at 100m. These boats are getting cheaper and cheaper and the game is giving you numerous ways to afford it. If you aren't getting an Epheria boat that's on you at this point.

On top of that, Vell drops were recently updated so you don't have to go to the body to loot. It's straight up in your Black Spirit Safe.

Epheria boats have been around for years now. It's time to come to terms with the fact that you had the opportunity to get it and you didn't. If you wanted a game where daddy coddled you, held your hand, and pat you on the back at every turn you chose the wrong game. Stop trying to ruin the game for the rest of us because you're too lazy to come to terms with difficult mechanics or maybe just don't have the time for it. You have your answer then.

p.s. People worked their ass off to get these Epheria boats and you want to be on equal footing without doing any of the work. That doesn't make any sense on land or out at sea.

4. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I do agree with reworking where people end up when they die but to be totally honest. If I had my way I would have pvp on no matter what boss was up.

5. cloj

Like the good ol' days. BDO original.

Ardains, Ѧ| Chaotic and Chaos Ronin like this.
  6. TidusFTW

because they have to git gud first :D "lol at 30 min to prepare for vell"
    how about you use your brain and time it so you come at 15:59 to vell and then leave right after he dies..... oh wait thats too much thinking required instead you can go to the forums and cry and call other ppl names like a 10 year old ...lol

P.S.:
    if real world would be like this then humanity would have died long ago for sure yes. Because ppl like you would go to a lion and tell him you have the right to eat from this tree and he could go somewhere else if he wants to eat humans .. hahahahaha this is so ridiculous XD

7. RengerEl

Because you have to flag up to attack them, making you vulnerable to everyone else that might flag up to attack them as well. So you flag up to protect yourself, everyone else does too, and you end up sinking each other trying to get them.

ZyZy likes this.
  8. Deyric

Yet generally no one does because there are consequences much more often than reacting to things in the ocean. That is a poor comparison. The penalty for dying doesn't compare either.

Again there at least needs to be a rework of where people and their ships are placed when they die.

You've got that all wrong. Humanity would have died out if they didn't learn not to kill each other all the time.

#48 Deyric, Jul 15, 2019
  9. Myntiix

Are we playing the same game? Never saw 100 people of a guild ( or any people ) flagging up at vell. IF someone should flag up just switch channel.

10. RengerEl

You seem to have missed the part where they were targeting guild galleys.

11. DarkGG

Guild galleys can't switch servers so again that guild denied 10s of guilds from doing content.

12. Issiana

Issiana Tamer 61 NA

I may regret saying anything here as i doubt anyone will really care as the opinions are far to divided, but...
    well I felt i might add my insight to the debate all the same.

First up I'll make it VERY clear I DO NOT DO PVP.
    I Hate PVP it to be honest and that's simply because i want to live in peace with my fellows both in game and irl due to irl reasons. I've always enjoyed support classes as a result. I'd rather explore, lifeskill and support others than PVP in arenas/ open world etc..

That aside, I like very much the PVP aspect to the game and the sense of danger it brings. I love that at any time someone might decide to have a go at me. I love the sense of foreboding that goes with a trip out into "dangerous" areas. That feeling of "oh heck" whenever you meet a fellow adventurer. Are they friend or foe?? Those are the moments that what make the game alive.

Second, I don't like the idiot griefer's on either side of the pvp/ pve fence and I am frustrated at the PK's that occur every now and then, but you know what... I wouldn't change that for anything. The sense of danger and excitement it brings is awesome. It's one of the reasons I like MMO's over single player games.

So what if a guild decides to pvp over a boss, that's a PLAYER MADE challenge to combat by making an alliance of guilds to target them next time. We don't have to all be solo you know. we can make alliances and fight back if need be. It's called PLAYER MADE content, and is what sandbox mo's are about.

As for sea going adventures issues... well I play on both NA and EU and have blue geared frigates and sailboats on both regions. The ocean is a wonderful and dangerous place that just requires a little thinking before going out (aka never leave home without a travelers map!). Sure it's buggy. Anyone whose really sailed a lot with others knows this, but it can still be a lot of PLAYER MADE FUN. It's up to us to play the game that is dealt us either by the devs or the players. So what if theirs a pirate guild out their targeting bosses, that's nothing new in mmo's. How about make a group alliance of guilds to target them next time and allow safe passage for others. That would be a neat PLAYER MADE content thing to see happen.

We make the community we play in. Lets actually make it something rather than asking to disable the things that allow player made activities.

Anyway's that's just my humble view on the subject. Take it how you will and have fun in your activities all the same :)

200w.gif

Satsuki Hime, cloj, Ardains and 3 others like this.
  13. Khruk

My guild rolls to vell with 3 galleys and about 20 personal ships. We take an armada..... but with that being said we also try to avoid hitting the wall before the 10 minute mark when pvp goes off. I would just leave later if I was you so you don't arrive too early.

14. NoisyBoy

Too much salt, i agree, vell is a **** since instead fixing it, they open more channels to get more bugged ppl. But asking for a sea safezone its just a meme. Why dont shoot vell from margoria?? Ffs....

CunningStuntz likes this.
  15. DarkGG

Why is it a meme to ask for vells realm to be a safe zone? You want PVP going out to vell fine do it, but 100s of people shouldn't be sunk and lose their chance of doing a boss simply because of a guild being bored. Or whatever their excuse is for doing so. PVP on land all you want, PVP for sea monsters all you want, but leave us be for 30min so we can do a boss that spawns once a week. If vell was 2-3x a week no issue and if vells heart dropped like candy no issue, but because everyone needs/wants a heart and vell is a once a week thing and consider the fact that people in other time zones plan their days around vell. This type of behavior and mass griefing should not be allowed. It's like you guys are being EA and saying why are we the bad guys, or blizzard saying you all got phones right. I mean come on.

Arch enemy likes this.
  16. TidusFTW

Vell is completely fine now so idk what you are talking about bugs lol

17. KatieXKhaos69

so invisible boats and just seeing people go floating by on the invisible bat mobile is fine?? I had someone jump on my ship for a ride and I couldn't even see them, just their chat bubble and a fishing pole.

18. RengerEl

Have everyone on the guild galley be 49 or less. Have one or two actual ships to do damage, and the entire platoon gets loot. Have those ships show up in the non-pvp time, and swap after Vell. I agree it's a prickish move on their part, but there are ways around it. Since they also made videos of themselves sinking ships at the ruins and protty cave, no one should have been surprised they'd move to other targets.

19. KatieXKhaos69

Looks like you've set off the sadbois who get off on overusing the PvP in the game. :D

That's not possible, you have to be level 50 to use cannons.

#59 KatieXKhaos69, Jul 15, 2019
  20. RengerEl

Sorry, didn't think i'd have to put in the part that those on the non-galley would be 50+ so they could do damage, figured it was just assumed by everything else I had typed.