1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vell PvP needs to be adjusted

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DarkGG, Jul 14, 2019.

1. 2Cents

Pearl Abyss & Kakao at their finest. It all makes clear sense.
    • Allow their customers to tear each other apart inside the game in the hopes they will turn into a Wallet Warrior
    • DON'T allow any uncivil comments on the forums because it's bad for their publicity.
    #allaboutthemoney

2. NoisyBoy

It someone wants to do it, well hes free to do it. Pvp is already off like 10 mins before? Someone already told you that, come from port ratt or just do it on time. Not that it happens that much thought. If that doesnt satisfy you either buy a frigate and pvp better than them or git gud.

3. DarkGG

Honestly man if they allowed a massive p2w boat with like 500ap and 20 cannons straight up I'll drop 10k and buy it just to sink these handful of guilds. I'm so tired of my playtime being wasted by people for no good reason at all.

4. NoisyBoy

Dude, a friggind frigate cost around 1b,you can buy ALL the rest for like 1b (going over cause normal ppl have almost 70% with nodes already). Get your blue gear to +7 (cmon its a tri, its easy af) and sunk whatever dude who thinks he owns the sea. Wheres is the issue?

5. BDOMONSTER

Hate to burst the bubble of your poorly thought out reply but I will anyways. If it’s a “pvp” game can you explain why there is no pvp allowed for all of the other world bosses ? Could you also explain why there are safe zones that prevent all forms of pvp?

Sorry I know you want to be an online tough guy but this is a game with some pvp it’s not a pvp game unless you can explain all of the many aspects that prevent pvp from possibly occurring.

Vell situation is being exploited by people who think griefing is cool and it should be addressed as it stand the entire ocean is a crap show try hunting the warping whales for example. to expect the solution is for every person to solo their own boat as the fix is beyond retarded it’s also a group based game in part hence why you cling onto guild mates.

DarkGG likes this.
  6. BboydD

Kill people when they have 30-40 Min boat travel to do a boss that they can't fight because they died is a good thing. It's the best punishment for griefer guilds or karmabomber. What about guild masters who give a guild protection to griefers? Just die for being cancerous and cry more and more about PvP. As said if you respect other people and don't abuse bad mechanics from the game you will not have this problem. A guild will not send you a war only for fun, assume what you do.

7. BDOMONSTER

Have you? Care to rattle off all of the other world bosses you pvp at?

It’s but only conflict under certain conditions I mean are you suggesting you found a way to pvp at all the other world bosses? No you can’t so please stop poorly thought out replies relying on garbage arguments like but but pvp when clearly many aspects of this game were designed to ensure there is no conflict between players boss spawns is clearly one of those times.

#87 BDOMONSTER, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2019
    DarkGG likes this.
  8. NoisyBoy

Wait so griefers are bad? What happens with karma? Guess when you cant karmabomb them its not that funny uh? About safezones... I will just pass it cause its too easy, and about bosses just happened grunil whales cried too much. As i already told its not common people altC on vell and if they are stupid enough to do it just sink them together/trina etc. I always sink 2/3 of these funny killers

9. Nabuch

Oh, lookie there, a tough guy. Got farmed in actual PvP so much that he decided to grief others by spending more time on irrelevant part of the game just to gain a massive advantage for an hour every week. Watch out guys, we have a badass over here. xD

NoisyBoy likes this.
  10. Hoebbit

Hoebbit Valkyrie 62 EU

Items to help you with Vell:

Old Bartali Sailboat, free weekly sailboat: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...o_get_the_old_bartali_sailboat_a_free_weekly/

Epheria Sailboat - currently costs around 350 mil, you can get one for FREE for 50 Shakatu seals. Blue gear is easy to create and enchant to +6 with all the materials available at the marketplace (yes, even the GLUE). Green gear is also an option and it can be bought at Velia wharf manager.

Epheria Frigate - it's actually not that hard to create, it cost me around 600 mil to make and it's worth it because you can schlep a buddy along because it has 2 cannons facing in the same direction. It's also considerably faster than the Sailboat.

Traveler's map - https://bddatabase.net/us/item/16017/

Old Moon Flare - https://bddatabase.net/us/item/263/ description of the item: Sends a distress call to one of the Old Moon Guild members on duty nearby. A rescue ship will soon arrive to transport you to either Port Ratt or Lema Island. Costs 300 loyalties at the Loyalty shop. If you're stuck in the middle of the ocean, this item can help you return to land. There's a ferry driving across the ocean as well which you can board and eventually return to Port Epheria.

Part of explorer's compass - https://bddatabase.net/us/item/44286/ can be bought off the market place, combine 3 to see your exact position in the desert or the sea.

Fairy companion Laila - she can have a skill called Fairy's Tear which will give you instant resurrection without losing EXP. Feed fairies until you get one with the resurrection skill. Cooldown doesn't matter since Vell lasts 15 minutes tops.

Elion's Tear & Elion's Blessing - can be bought in Pearl shop or obtained through various events such as Black Spirit Adventure. I got a lot of them for free through events. If you buy Value pack, you get like 10 of those for free, I think, along with some bleach and whatnot. It will also give you instant resurrection without losing EXP. Edit: you can also get Elion's Tear for 100 loyalties in the Loyalty shop. Always have 10-ish of them in your inventory and you're golden. No more node respawns.

GUILD GALLEY existed before Vell was even implemented. For access to Vell, Old Bartali Sailboat was added so that everyone can go. I see a lot of people still using them, they look like naked sailboats since you can't put any gear on them. Just make a platoon and sail away. Don't forget to buy cannon balls.

Have a nice Vellsday.

#90 Hoebbit, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    GismoShow and NoisyBoy like this.
  11. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Maehwa 61 NA

So ally a strong guild or all the smaller/weaker/less pvp orientated guilds pull together and fight them back? Most large and strong guilds LOVE pvp and conflict (it's why they get strong, recruit the gear carried players). Ally one that is enemies with the guild who is (griefing) your own. Problem solved. Am i making it sound too simple? Yes, because it really is that simple my friend :)

Tvvin likes this.
  12. Doctor Barbarian

welcome to a pvp game bud

13. Xydus

So let's say if your guild decided to have a sea monster hunt day to enjoy content provided by Pearl Abyss, but because you lack sailboats/frigates, your guild takes out a galley, and if another guild rolls up on you, they're not supposed to flag up because your galley can't server change, and is ruining your enjoyment of content provided for everyone...Hmmm

If you're gonna say that, "oh we could've been anywhere else on the ocean, so if that guild just happens to roll up on us at that exact spot, I guess we're just unlucky, it's not like vell, which is at one spot only", well, you could be on any of the servers to do vell, but you're just unlucky that a sea guild happens to roll up on your server.

All other world bosses have pvp before and after spawn, it is only the time between the boss spawning, and dying that pvp is turned off, for vell, pvp is turned off 10 mins before it even spawns, making the time frame when pvp is disabled even longer than your average world boss. Learn your game.

14. Doctor Barbarian

I don't wanna spoil the sense of wonder and discovery for you, so I'll let you figure it out on your own since you're obviously a new player, but just fyi that isn't true.

Welcome to BDO ghoulz! I hope you're able to afford your own boat soon and join us for the weekly PvP event in game that happens every sunday at 5pm est: Vell!

I know the game has a lot of information to take in at the start, and you're probably just inundated with content, so I'm sure it was a simple mistake. But you seem to have a solid head on your shoulders, I have faith in you! In NO TIME AT ALL you will be able to get yourself to Vell without getting a ride, and maybe even some day actually defend yourself by pressing keys on your keyboard and/or mouse! There's SO MUCH stuff in BDO that you'll regret spending so much time being a pure lifeskiller. Grats on upgrading your play experience with PvP ghoulz!

NoisyBoy likes this.
  15. CunningStuntz

This guy gets it. It's a pvp game, people. You go out on the ocean,you take the risk of getting killed just like ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE GAME. Get a better ship, or get over it.

Someone give this guy a gold star.

THIS.

They are too lazy to build a sailboat or frigate. That's the problem. They bring their galleys with like 20-30 guild members just standing on it HOPING to get that heart of the ocean without even doing any damage to Vell. They cannot server hp cause the galley doesn't hop with them. So YEAH....they deserve to die. More loot for the players who invested their hard time into building and enhancing their ships.

As they SHOULD be because ANY newb guild with 8 players can craft a galley, compared to the weeks of time it takes to craft a sailboat or frigate on your own or the amount of silver it costs to buy one off of the mp. Git gud.

I don't need a heart. Just saying. Sounds like you need a traveler's map or at the very least sailboat,though.

#95 CunningStuntz, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2019
    UrbanNoodles✅ likes this.
  16. DarkGG

You are absolutely right any 8 man guild can easily get 150 life and combat seals way faster than someone can build a boat, and or have the guild funds to bid on a guild house and build one.

17. CunningStuntz

1. PVP is disabled prior to Vell spawning, so stop showing up so early.
    2. Stop bringing Galleys, and take the time to build your own sailboat/frigate or just buy one off of the MP and server hop if the **** hits the fan.
    3. You don't need to get close to Vell's corpse to get his loot, it goes directly to your Black Spirit's safe when he dies, so "boxing in shouldn't be an issue.
    4. Always carry a traveler's map when you are out to sea.

#97 CunningStuntz, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2019
    UrbanNoodles✅ likes this.
  18. DarkGG

Absolutely i think everyone in the game better have the best of the best of the best of the best in 5 min done ok full pen all +10 gear easy right?

19. NoisyBoy

This is already embarrasing you know... 2 billons to get a full +7frigate,its not even 1 week
    Wont even bother to show you you can go +8 +9 since your head could explode

CunningStuntz likes this.
  20. Hoebbit

Hoebbit Valkyrie 62 EU

There is no need, as you can get a whole FREE ass ship every week by completing a 5 minute quest in Velia:

If you're gonna craft/buy a boat, Elena and Zafina cannon have 38 AP on +6. 40 AP on +7, so there's no need for further enchanting if you're gonna use the boat only for Vell. Only the cannon needs to be blue, other parts might as well be green and that's enough for weekly boss outings. You can also enchant cannons/ship parts for profit. Getting the permanent boat for free from Shakatu seals is also a good option. Then you only need 5 days to craft the cannon. If you craft it on your own, it's much cheaper.

#100 Hoebbit, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    CunningStuntz likes this.