1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venture into the Abyss with the Underwater Ruins Expansion

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, May 8, 2019.

1. Danchou

Danchou Danchou Witch 62

The lowest area only requires 170/180AP(I forget which), so that's something.

2. RoraMohan

At least we got the 100 mil ingot so still better than last month calendar

3. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

So much for the pve revamp...

4. Joungf

All those new high AP-content rushes past me.
    Maybe in one year my characters will finally have 270 AP.
    Then I will consider visiting those areas. Thanks PA.

Beeso likes this.
  5. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

https://community.blackdesertonline...-content-sycraia-ruins-protty-caverns.444388/

No, they are 3 spots. Two of them has Marnie's and a repair/potion seller NPC is included too.
    • Protty Cavern (Weita island cave), ~centaurs difficult, (you mostly 2 shot them), req AP 170+ (u still need 2 hits with 240 ap)
    • Sycraia ruins (north illiya), ~pillaku upgrade, (3-4 hits), req ap 220+, (cannot be oneshotted even with 280 ap)
    • Sycraia forbidden abyss ruins (requires a special key that you can craft with 5 key depicts, that drop in both other zones), req AP 280+ kutum, 340 dp+, they perma slow you, hardest spot in the entire game, even harder then the unreleased star graves region. (EU has not a single player who's ready for that, don't know about na)
    Keep in mind with the new underwater regions, wwe also get the new pve draught, (mob ap, species ap, life per hit,dp self debuff)

So, if you want to prepare the difficulty test,
    - grind centaurs, if they are fine you can go protty cavern
    -grind pillaku, if they are fine with only cron meal buff, you are fine for sycraia ruins
    -grind gyfin rhasia solo without buffs, if you like that, you may tryout sycraia forbidden abyss ruins :)

I am super hyped for that content, and I will join the forbidden ruins with a small party to grind knowledge,

P.S. the 3 new spots looks amazing!

(And I am hyped to see famous streamers get oneshotted with their 280 ap nouver <310 dp builds)

#25 Jannanomana, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Distaken, Beeso and Kasraken like this.
  6. cliveklg

Majority playing the game aren't 'grind' capable for centaurs. So my point stands. They should have added 5 locations with a wider AP range. The few of us that are, are a minority and the game shouldn't be designed for a minority of the playerbase.

I remember when Lord of the Rings online had over a year of no new high end dungeons and some players complained, and they posted up their metrics showing that less than 10% of the player base even just once stepped into to low end dungeons, let alone their high end ones. Which was the beginning of a major game change direction for them. Other games have said the same.

Again this does't mean no high end content. This means the game should consider the median player base more.

Decem likes this.
  7. patagarucha

nice! this content is more than welcome!
    and for whining players, bless online looking for players, you'll meet all the content (sick) you need!

8. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

280 AP is high end, granted, only few reach that level. But 220 AP is pretty common after a few month of playing and 170AP ist achievable for pretty much anyone in a short time. And for those who don't have that AP yet thwy should do the full main quest anyways first.
    I think those brackets are ok if the drops are worth it.

NannaOgg, Luxea and JM like this.
  9. Naho

wtf is this attendance reward even?

10. SilverWolf

It's about time!! Thanks for bringing this to NA/EU, I still do not understand why it took so long but thank you for giving us new content finally.

I have some concerns tho:

I have been down to Underwater Ruins and have explored. The place is very small indeed.

So when everyone flocks there, it's going to be a PvP Kill Zone not a PvE area and the higher AP Players will need the Memory drops to access the Abyssal Zone underneath. The will need to farm Sycraia untill they have enough to enter the 280+ap zone.

Why has the area been made so small when there is an entire Sea area thats not being used.

Also is the Sea area above going to be a Safe Zone where ships can park there safely or again is this something that was not thought about.

Some info on this would be appreciated

11. Jannanomana

Its not a safezone.. I remember that even o ln test server some trolls killed my boat at weita island, so I had to swimming back...

So it will be fun :) , and if you ressurect, you will spawn on illiyah or racid island.

But since we have griphon transport, you can explore the new underwater content without ship :),

velia -> fly with griphon/NPC boat -> go to swimmbuff NPC (20 energy? When i remember correctly) -> use underwater breath elixiers -> you can easy swimming to those ruins,
    (Its actually better to swimming with NPC buff, then parking boat, swim straightforward down, and search the entry) [yes you have to search it]

https://community.blackdesertonline...-content-sycraia-ruins-protty-caverns.444388/

#32 Jannanomana, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  12. Kripion

This is strange.... I feel umm strange...
    PA/KAKAO starting to keep their promises? O_O

13. Poldarn

[​IMG]
    I'm Ready!

Distaken and Jaylah like this.
  14. Jannanomana

<330 dp.. will be hard for you ;)

15. YamikunOkami

YamikunOkami Lahn 62 NA

Does ANYONE know if grinding the 280 or 230 zones are worth it? I'm happy to test them myself but they'll be packed the first few weeks so it's hard to get accurate numbers. When I say worth it I mean at least making silver similar to Manshaums at 2500 Trash p/h.

263 AP 294 DP
    No I don't plan on 280 spot with that.

16. Hemuk

It is if you have the AP, there's plenty of videos of Koreans wrecking the place and making amounts of money that would make Hystria blush.

Then again, no compass or black shard equivalent (that I know of) so if you're RNG carried Hystria is still king

YamikunOkami likes this.
  17. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

The fact that they aren't even centaur ready should already really point out an obvious fact that goes along with it: the part where they probably play this game less than 3 hours a day and should still have plenty of existing content to enjoy already that they have yet to enjoy.

18. cliveklg

Doesn't mean they shouldn't have content geared for them. Most players sit at TRI, which is not 'grind' ready for centaurs. They certainly can kill them singles, but can't grind packs. Focusing content on JUST the top minority of us that can grind them and higher mobs is foolish development. I'd wager 60% of active players haven't passed tri, and good portion of them never will.

Again that isn't saying no high end content. Ocean areas are vast, why can't they be progressively more difficult like land areas?

Ruffe, Phoenixxx75 and Shastalya like this.
  19. Jannanomana

of course its worth, specially if u drop one of the new items/keys. (those are base prices, the 2,3million key already has 26million preorder ^^)
    [​IMG]

YamikunOkami likes this.