1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Veterans had advantage

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Zaolee, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Zaolee

From my understanding relics cost 250k which means 4x cheaper mf.

No idiotic fairys which eat all weapons from market so you cant enchance ****.

You had armor stones instead having 0 in market.

You could teleport to velia with guild summoning for process trading.

Anyway these are small things. Here is biggest:

You could afk 1.5 year doing nothing and gain 30 bil by DOING NOTHING.

Catch up mechanics? How about catch down mechanics?

2. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

Is this LightningXIII's sibling? Change from Payouts and Sea hunting to Veterans One Shot Me and you got the same posts over and over

LogicaI, iller, Reiz and 14 others like this.
  3. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Didn't all vets quit like you did amirite ?

4. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/bdo-endgame.252076/ your brother made post about catch up mechanic, now chop chop off you go

LogicaI likes this.
  5. Zaolee

6. ambyentlight

Back in the day leveling trade was so much easyer also because needed far less time to level, anyone could casually reach m2 trade in like 3 days.

7. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

Why wouldn't veteran have an advantage?

It's like saying an old doctor shouldn't have more money than someone who just came out of college.

One of my friend is 535 GS now. He started playing since October of last year and doesn't AFK life skilling. He isn't in a large payout guild. All he does is grinding with his gf.

Likewise, I thought everyone said Bless killed BDO. That mean many veterans would be gone.

8. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

and you forgot to mention that despite all of this, you still barely didn't get any money, as stuff just was not as good.
    the prices have gone up cause it is way easier to make money.

Do you really think that a year ago, people could make as much money as they do now in the same time? Boy you're funny.

9. TeRRoRibleOne

I like having to explain things. SO when relics were that price, all we had to grind was CALPHEON. So the SILVER PER HOUR WAS MUCH LOWER THAN IT IS TODAY. In the normal world, prices go up with the inflation of money. Guess what happened here? The same thing. Have a nice day and please take any type of finance class to learn about this subject.

Drakias, PIushy, Smileybones and 3 others like this.
  10. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

In a game like BDO where the same gear is BiS more or less 2 years+ later then it is logical that vets have an advantage. The only difference is that it is easier now for newcomers to catch up to softcap if you are really dedicated, same way vets make more money now than before. For some it evens out, for some with good rng, be it vet or new, makes it even more unfair. How the game is designed. I made 6 tet accessories when I wasnt in a castle guild, I joined one a month ago and ever since Ive failed about 4b trying to make a tet acce, a prime example of anyone being able to get fked over by rng regardless of ur income (all about when u decide to push during the day, if u lucky at hitting that window, tinfoil theories)

11. Zaolee

Are you saying you got only 5mil per hour? Yeah right.

If I could turn 2 years back time. I would do nothing but process and gain ez 60 bil by being 100% AFK.

Nice effort mr. veteran. Such hard work for your afk..

12. Zaolee

Because AFK is not effort. Don't think you can't get 60bil afk in 2 years.

Also why 1 shotting brainless mobs should reward you anything for pvp. Pvp and pve should be seperated. You should deserve pvp gear based on your skill lvl instead how much you afk or 1 shot mobs because that REQUIRES ZERO EFFORT.

13. Srich

i get from 10 to 12 B per month in afk way... but yeah ppl wont believe it XD

14. Zaolee

Thats beside the point. AFK or 1 shotting mobs shouldnt give you ANY advantage over someone in pvp.

Seperate ****ing pvp and pve.

Fearless V likes this.
  15. TeRRoRibleOne

Once again incorrect. Back then you had to use your energy to process, cook, and do alchemy which is something you don't now. So please learn about the game you play before spreading more misinformation on the forums.

PIushy, Sidina, Elza and 2 others like this.
  16. Maxi.BS

Maxi.BS IIuminescent Tamer 61 EU

hey, your fault for not knowing about the game sooner ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

then again, I see many people low gs people claimed that they can do pvp better than a softcapped player who does nothing but pvp at high end spots all day, and swallowed their tongue after said player took out their gear.

RageAgainst likes this.
  17. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

Valencia, Mediah, etc. doesn't even exist when the game came out in NA/EU. You don't make much $$$ off AFK processing.

You don't deserve any gears based on your "skill level". There isn't any skill benchmark in this game because each class excel at different thing (i.e. Wizard good at large scale but crap in 1v1).

Grinding mobs mean you actually spent efforts to improve your gears, SP, and level. Sure, I can AFK all day and bring in $$$ now but then I'll have no SP. If you want to PvP, you'll HAVE to grind due to level & SP.

RageAgainst and Fearless V like this.
  18. Valient

Valient Ninja 60 EU

relics were cheaper because all you had was +15.

now you have a fairy that gives +1 luck and other good skills

like i said before, +15 grunil was the best anyone could get.

barely anyone did trading/processing cos processing cost energy.

and that 30 bil might be enough for you to get softcap, it was for me (afk for 1-2 yrs)

19. Zaolee

So what if you had to spend energy? You could do it with all alts and you could afk sleep in bed to recharge 300 energy back.

Also I just googled and: 31.8.2016 was when it was removed supposedly. So yeah pretty much 2 years just like I said. Even 1.5 year is insane.

20. Zaolee

wtb 3v3 arenas where you can use only arena gear inside? Give prizes that you can use outside. Stop rewarding afk noobs.

ManlyBeard and Fearless V like this.