1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viability of Full TRI: Asula compared to AP Accs

Discussion in 'PvE' started by JSXShadow, Aug 13, 2019 at 2:04 PM.

1. JSXShadow

As a returning player, being gone for quite a while, I am wondering if there were any significant changes in the regular AP mechanics. Is AP against Monsters on par with regular AP for PvE? I saw that you get bonus AP the higher your regular AP are but all in all this seems very confusing.

I wanna start from scratch and currently looking for a budget PvE built for some grind fun, already gotten my hands on some Akum gears (which seems to be the next best for PvE before BOSS) and a Accu offhand. How important is Accu these days anyways? Esp when grinding at higher level spots from scratch I found accu being more beneficial than pure AP/AP against monsters but as I said, I been gone quite a while and I bet they changed all that BS up quite a bit xD Thank you!

2. Stillwaters

accuracy might matter in endgame spots ,but most spots my liverto toting alts have no problems . most ppl use khutum for pve for the extra monster dmg.

I have 242 ap w/nouver 230ish with khutum and I can feel the difference with khutum in manshaums.

You could shoot for tet khutum and kzarka ,and eventually get a black star main hand for more monster DMG. I'm assuming it stacks with khutum as popular as the new weapons are,but not positive

JSXShadow likes this.
  3. Stillwaters

And I might suggest trying archer,and lahn they are toptier grinders and travel quickly too

JSXShadow likes this.
  4. JSXShadow

Thanks for the reply! Do the AP vs Monsters does matter after all! I am currently playing lahn and have no issues, even with just +15 grunil and duo Liverto+Accu offhand + full DUO Asula to even do Crescent at lv57 with not many issues. Gonna mobilize my leftover ressources for a khutum offhand I guess! Thanks again!

5. Auxey

Don't you use your awakening weapon?

6. JSXShadow

Oh, ofc, I sniped a cheap TRI PvE Awakening Weap and made it Ultimate. Surely does well vs those mobs and my main rotation is ofc with the awakening weapon, just switching to the stronger Skills from the basic weapon to bridge the gap between the stronger skills. Was an old DK main and I gotta say, Lahn is very convienient :D

Stillwaters likes this.
  7. Stillwaters

I killed my wife's rift bosses on her lahn with barely 200ap shes very good; I don't use accuracy off hands even with her livertojust some accuracy crystals is enough for pve

JSXShadow and LinaCrysta like this.
  8. fenzz

regular ap is the same as ap vs monster when it comes to direct value against pve mobs. that has been proven by plenty of tests.

in that sense the ap given by asulas + the pve ap from bonus can be calculated as such.

problem with asula and pve ap is:
    1) asula doesnt or beraly gives any accuracy, which is valuable for higher end spots

2) pve ap doesnt count as sheet ap (ap that appears on your character sheet) therefore it does not add up to gain the valuble ap bonus brackets that start becoming significant above 235 ap.

that is to say, asula are really good budget accessories for low gear levels, there are very cheaply enhancable and should be the go to accessories until you got yourself at least TRI boss weapons (kzarka,dande and kutum)

JSXShadow likes this.
  9. JSXShadow

So, in light of this, would you say that accu offhand is viable at endgame spots compared to, mhm, lets say nouver which gives more AP but no Accu? I remember that accu was very important but the current scaling is something I don't know yet. Was thinking about getting kutum first but if accu is as good as I might think, I might wanna upgrade my duo liverto main hand to tri kzarka first. Thanks for the input guys!

10. fenzz

kutum is overall better in all cases apart from the 261-269 ap brackets with nouver. accuracy offhand is not recomanded for pve as you lose way too much AP using it.

for pvp its is recommanded to use accu offhand until 240 ap with nouver.

kutum should be your got to.

Maginha and JSXShadow like this.
  11. JSXShadow

Ok! So my first impression/old memories did not betray me after all! Thank you very much!

PS: Lahn is crazy, despite only having 160 AP atm, I can still easily solo all rift bosses that are in non-endgame regions. The regular mobs are the biggest issue there. The bosses themselves, all they can do can be easily evaded by a Lahn, so I am golden there. Only started doing rifts yday cause I didnt know what they were but hot damn is that worth it <3

Maginha likes this.