1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visible monster knowledge

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Angar, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

Staying true to their development patterns, they managed to **** up hard again.

What we needed was the knowledge level to be visible next to the name above the monster.

What we got, was the knowledge level visible next to their hp AFTER we attack them.

Con-******-gratz for a useless change.

Life2v, MMoNoob, Yulanda and 2 others like this.
  2. Khondo

Yes I found this a little annoying but it will be good for all the new monsters coming out that you do not 1 shot.

MMoNoob likes this.
  3. cloj

Hopefully they understand the flaw inherent in this method and put the Knowledge Rating next to the monster's name and HP bar that is directly atop the monster and NOT at the top of the screen.

MMoNoob, Angar and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

they NEED to make it so that we can see knowledge, hp bars and names of the monsters at all times (even without attacking them) if option is ticked on. same for pvp, so we can at least see full hp on ghillied people, let them keep their "privacy"

MMoNoob likes this.
  5. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

The problem is, that they want to avoid as much as possible, to have information on the screen near the mobs.

Draconnix likes this.
  6. Eonian

That should be our choice, not theirs. It's already disabled by default, you have to go into Knowledge section (H default key) and check at bottom to enable it. We can keep it disabled and done.

Now if I enabled it, it's clear that I want to see at a glance which needs to be killed again, and that includes low level monsters as well.
    It's clearly something that can be further improved.

Krixil, Draconnix and Life2v like this.
  7. Mimimimi

8. Doom Smack

Yep I still got alot and scattering of low level mobs to grade up on, and this doesn't help that at all with that as it currently stands. Its cumbersome to scroll through for particular mob variations especially when the knowledge list doesn't remember last place you had open (except for one opening only after getting new knowledge... then sucks to take hit and have it auto-close and reset).

This displaying knowledge onscreen would be a great feature - if it displayed above mobs head (or we had the option for that).

9. magret

I suggested some time ago that they used the existing Quest target marking system (highlight+map pin) with a different color on mobs we'd be able to select from the Knowledge window.
    Wouldn't be hard either to make an option to unselect them automatically when you get S, but it'd be a job for a summer internship with someone more concerned than the average dev. Not counting on it.

AlnilamE and Angar like this.