1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Vixen costume effect particles, missing

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Pajamaedpadna, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Pajamaedpadna

Hi, I'm pretty new. So I apologise if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I re-dowloaded this game recently and noticed that the particle effect around the tail on the Tamer Vixen costume was missing. I've fiddled around with the settings and had no luck.

If anyone has any clue how to fix this please share. Thank you.

#1 Pajamaedpadna, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  2. GM Szyslak

Game Master

Hello there @Pajamaedpadna, Hope you are doing well. I can see that you have run into some trouble with your Vixen costume. There is a few ways that a costume can lose it's effects. The first is if the armor it is on has been damaged. As the lower the armor's durability is, the more worn costumes will appear. This is usually resolved by repairing the armor at a Blacksmith.

If you are full Max Durability and it still is not working correctly, this may be fixed by Clearing your cache. The cache file can often the source of graphic troubles in our world.

Let us know if you encounter any more trouble with this outfit. We will be happy to help you get back to looking your best :)

3. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Do costumes and outfits lose durability? Or are you saying as your armour and weapons lose durability it affects the way the outfits appear?

4. Gharlane

Gharlane Witch EU

The durability of the armour and weapons you are wearing in a slot that matches the outfit is shown by the outfits appearance. If you do not have any armour or weapons equipped in that slot then it will appear as perfect condition.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Thanks, as you can tell I have no outfits yet so had no idea.

6. Pajamaedpadna

Sorry for taking such a long time to reply.

I tried to do what you said but I was unable to find the game installation folder.

7. GM Endlaive

Game Master

Hello there,

@Pajamaedpadna if you are referring to the location of your Cache Folder, first, right click the Black Desert icon on your desktop and click open 'file location'. Near the top of the list you should see the folder called 'Cache', try deleting this and run a repair on your Black Desert client. @Gharlane is correct, if your armour only has 10 durability then your costume will reflect this. The costume reflects the corresponding armour piece!

If this does not help, then please let us know and we shall investigate this further for you!