1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote on the new cc system

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by ViktoryiaV, Apr 18, 2018.

?

What is your opinion on the April 18 new cc system?

1. I like it

152 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. I love it

165 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. I dislike it

142 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. I hate it

779 vote(s)
    62.9%
  1. Roxies

How to actually fix the current state of the game:

Adjust superarmor so classes can't infinitely spam it
    Change casters so they're not the jack of all trades
    Unban tron

KunoIRL and Sevyrn like this.
  2. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

yes, it is not equal for everyone and it never should be. this is an mmo with many different classes, every class has different skills and different playstyle. of course every class should also play differently and some classes are better against other classes. it only then becomes a problem when one class is strong against all other classes (like mystic right now), but generally, classes in mmos should never be "equal".

Evil Wood likes this.
  3. Netreiam

One thing to remember though is that classes that are extremely cc resilient. (Mystic/warrior/Valkyrie)

Or have stupid high sustain

(Wizard/witch/zerker)

Become extremely hard to deal with in this patch.

The first group rarely gets soft CCed, so with grab chains + downsmash being nerfed they will become more or less unkillable in 1v1 if you can’t 1 shot from grab (which the Reknown patch stops)

The second group now benefits from a 5s internal CD before cc (outside of stiff) can be applied. Accidentally did a stun into a knock back? Congrats your cc chain is over. This means that they can use the immunity to just outheal the damage you do.

This is why I keep saying they need to create a counter for super armor and forward guard attacks (standing block is fine). Getting reliable cc is already hard enough vs some classes because of those things and with this change, getting those CCs will be even harder, throwing All assassin classes under the bus yet again

KunoIRL, Rilok, Isstine and 1 other person like this.
  4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

u shouldnt be punished for a mistake?

not that i think new system is perfect, but honestly, hearing things like above makes me think it is a very good change.

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Mystic 61 EU

I hate this so far. It seems like an idiotic change to me. It affects all classes to different degrees. My mystics combo no longer works and I see other classes that rely on chaining cc's for kills are having a tough time.

Forgive my poor wording but here's an attempt at criticism instead of pure hate,

I find this retarded because classes have been built around those original 3 cc groupings! For instance the 0.3 immunity between the first and second cc.. some class inc mystic could do stiffen>stun>further combo>grab or what have you.. now however the stun counts as your first cc so you've got one more cc to work with before they have a 5 second immune time. Not only that the stun>stiffen ccs would go off fast and now if ur too fast it wont work at all. If you do get the 2 cc's you have a 50/50 shot at a down or airsmash if your class has one. Yes that's what the game needed.. more RNG! What point is there to accuracy at all if even when ur hits land its a 50% fail rate? If you have the person on the floor and you have the accuracy to land those hits the down/airsmash SHOULD PROC not be a chance..

Now there are also skills that had what PREVIOUSLY were two separately grouped type of cc in the one skill, you could chain off these with no issue. Now however you have just blown your 2 max cc in the one skill getting of virtually no damage.

They introduced this change to make a fight last longer? I find this laughable. Classes that need more than 2-3 skills for a kill are screwed while funnily enough witchards benefit most from this/are not to harshly affected. It's pushing us to build more ap more overall gs to milk us for more money in the long run. If they disliked grab chaining as I do there are other much more sensible changes that could have been made and have been suggested to death by now.

I see this change as hugely detrimental to lower geared players and while PvPers are often dismissive of them and their opinions when it comes to PvP.. they are a large chunk of players, though I'm sure they jus look like cashcows to PA. Now they find themselves in a position where they are unable to beat a higher geared player by chaining cc's well because they simply cannot do it. Any reason for them to focus on skill and work on gear slowly is gone. They have the option of getting gear fast or jus not pvping/quitting.

Classes of the top of my head that are screwed over mystic, kuno, ninja, tamer, zerker and I've seen valks hating it as well.

I am still trying to work out what I can do on my mystic that is capable of getting the kill but the thing I enjoyed so much about her, THE CC CHAIN ABILITY, is gone. This was what I loved about my tamer as well.. knowing I might be lower geared than my opponent but if I would use my skills right I could lock that ****er down and kill them. This is just not an option now at all. And they also killed diversity of builds pushing ap and dr on us so much.

Congratz Pearl Abyss you killed the game for me in a matter of hours!

I will continue testing this but I will just say.. I was gonna dump more cash on costumes or artisans. Not a chance in hell now!

If anyone has any corrections to my statements do let me know!

Coracbra, Pkmdz and unange like this.
  6. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

Guess Ill just delete my Kuno then.

KunoIRL and Kaririss like this.
  7. Zooey

These changes are not good for the game.

Coracbra, Tvvin and Kaririss like this.
  8. Welgar

Complete BS... they should really go back to the way it was...

Coracbra likes this.
  9. Annabilu

hate it, going to quit, everything went to....... striker cant even use his 2 grabs anymore, that's half the dmg off not being able to utilize ur kit is ridiculous. bye you messed up the last time.

Coracbra likes this.
  10. Brightcide

Yeah, Striker was hit pretty hard by these changes. A lot of our abilities have stuns, so by doing damage we lock ourselves out of being able to grab. Instead, we can just hold down preawakened Shift+RMB and Stiffen lock someone to death. What a meme.

Coracbra and Annabilu like this.
  11. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Mystic 61 EU

Is this what you want us to do PA? It looks really fun! :)

12. Annabilu

it's not even just that, on top of taking the second grab away from us they increased the gear gap even further so now u have absolutely no chance on beating a better gs player cause they get so much damage reduction, it was a slim chance even when we had 2 grabs, now its non existent... they are attacking on us from all fronts, not going to attend to noderwars nor do pvp nor do anything just gonna fish koi, if this doesn't change with the next patch i am out, cause the pretty much only thing i enjoy in this game is pvp....

13. Constance

I'm very disappointed with this patch, they completely broke "CC/combos" etc, PvP combat just feels clunky and is no longer exciting. I don't know if they have ever changed anything based on player feedback, but if left unchanged I don't know if rerolling will help or I might just have to go play Bless Online....

So many classes depended on chaining abilities into each other, i'm okay with lowering our damage and/or making people tankier or w/e... But as it is now we just can't combo anymore, and the action/combo based fighting just feels bad.

14. Hissis

They will go back, i'm sure.

... i hope...

15. Parathor

Is there a detailed explanation of the CC changes somewhere?

Ninja here, been playing it since launch, but the new system made me rethink rerolling to mainstream Warrior or Valk, Mystic, w/e.
    I never felt like posting on the forums but this is just hilarious.

Well done!

Ezikeo likes this.
  16. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

If you don’t like the cc change please quit, cc is toxic and should always have diminished returns

Khruk and SillySin like this.
  17. BaldVulture

zerkers are mad, salt lvl's are pretty high. no more chain grabbing is good... they're making some decent balance changes... and as a wizard I agree with those changes =)

18. Ravare

I play a Ninja and a Striker...........so most patches either mean nothing meaningful for my class or it makes some other class better than the ones I have <shrug>

I expect more of the same when I get to test later.

19. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

warriors and valks from my guild (and others) don't really seem to like these changes.
    Don't sell any gear yet. Sit tight, try to make it work with your own class (in case these changes aren't reverted or amended).

Parathor likes this.
  20. Kuu

Kuu

outside of some classes, I don't see much changed.

Most combos rely on stiff->KD->grab->finish

so it's stiffed -2x CC. not much changed.

Only a few classes had multi grabs or multi CC chains, which were never used due to resistances. (the shorter the chain the less possible break in the combo)

So really...maybe it is a very select few salt, that went full circle?