1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote on the new cc system

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by ViktoryiaV, Apr 18, 2018.

?

What is your opinion on the April 18 new cc system?

1. I like it

152 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. I love it

165 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. I dislike it

142 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. I hate it

779 vote(s)
    62.9%
  1. j.p.van.dorsten

if i read this correctly and stun/stiffness can be applied indefinitely then the warrior will have an indefinite stunlock with shield strike open up with shield charge then just keep bashing them with your shield
    stun on last hit no cooldown whatsoever.

im just hoping its all a bug and the 0.3 "cc generic immunity simply doesn't work yet"

2. Hoidd

The cc changes are terrible. Grabs be lumped in with stun/bound/knockdown makes it so classes with grabs have no reason to ever use their grabs. Stiffen needs to have a cool down or else you can perma cc people, which is anti fun. This could all be solved with just implementing diminishing returns.

Leverpastej likes this.
  3. Kuu

Kuu

only stiffness.

stun is considered a CC. warriors are just crying because their downsmash extender isn't going to fly anymore.

4. Asfrid_Thora

Asfrid_Thora Pughardt Valkyrie 62 NA

I'd like to try the update more before I come to a conclusion. I don't like how other classes struggle more against Valk now it seems. But again, didn't really test much. As for Celestial Spear, mine hardly ever knocked down people so that not working is nothing new to me. Mainly because I use a entirely different combo chain than everyone else. We'll see though.

5. Guts

I've been playing since CBT, if they don't revert the changes, I'm quitting with no hesitation whatsoever.
    They've been really good at trying to ruin the game for years now, and they finally succeeded.

Leverpastej, Annabilu and Tvvin like this.
  6. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Not really had a chance to test anything yet. There's Koi to be fished!

But I dislike the RNG change to air/down smashes on basic principal.

7. Celensra

Wait, people can just permanently stun now? That's sooo broken lol.

Leverpastej likes this.
  8. Kuu

Kuu

perma stiff, not stun. Much Much tighter duration, and class specific duration coming.

It's actually very hard to keep someone constantly stiffen on general terms. A lot of stiffen is really stuns or KBs, which fall under CC.

9. Celensra

That's still very broken though lol. I think they should probably place a limit on that if they're going to do all of this and if they're changing the duration for classes, that maaay be what they're fixing. Node Wars are going to be interesting this week though ...>_>

10. SexGawdTy

Well youre a wiz so it doesnt really effect you much.

BaldVulture and Tvvin like this.
  11. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

Permanent CC is broken, if you need permanent cc to kill someone then you are the biggest noob ever, permanent cc is like smashing kB with your head to get a kill, since the other person can do NOTHING

12. MaoGundam

MaoGundam Gundan_Mao Tamer 60 NA

seems like it better balances classes to me plus if goal is all regions have same mechanics for multi regional tournaments and such we would be hard pressed to say our opinion on mechanics will be a massive sway on how they are implemented.

13. Kuu

Kuu

in 1v1, correct, but in mass pvp, (note the GM diary that says they want to focus on mass pvp for all classes now). Trying to perma lock anyone with risky stiffens is going to get you killed in short order.

Reason no one really uses long combos in pvp. We're tuned to get in, get out fast.

14. MaoGundam

MaoGundam Gundan_Mao Tamer 60 NA

i don't purely support perma cc of any kind so in mass pvp this seems to mean i wont be perma cc'd as much.

farsay likes this.
  15. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

I didn't use celestial spear as a bound either, typically, but if you use it as crit buff I have concerns the cc on it would interfere with other ccs

I want to try stiff>stun>stiff>stiff>grab>celestial spear>terra sancta>hastiludium (if downsmash then)>blitz>rabam (if another downsmash then)>celestial spear>castigatio
    see if we can pull off a full down attack chain still

Also what I'm curious about

if we used shield throw as a stun>stiff>grab>celestial spear AND THEN used purificatione off cooldown (another stun) for air attack damage + animation cancel hastiludium, would it be counted as a mutually inclusive cc type or not at all, because the target is on the ground (from patch notes - When lying down, Stun, Stiffness, and Knockback effects will not be applied and this does not count toward Crowd Control count.)

Are downsmashes/airsmashes counted in the 2 limited cc group?

#55 ViktoryiaV, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Asfrid_Thora likes this.
  16. Jok3rsWild

Its a good start, the perma cc was dumb. They need to make a sweep at balance to help normalize how many types of cc each class has access too, and probably need to do quite a few passes on damage before its even close to balanced. Then there is the in balance of front guard super armor and block that exists between most classes.

Still a long way off from a close to balanced pvp experience. But closer i guess?

IWalkAlone likes this.
  17. iller

This is intellectual dishonesty to suggest that you could have gauged it PURELY on it existing only on Val6. Val6 (which I used to visit quite a bit when I was grinding skill pts / elites) was ONLY intended for players who already wanted unlimited Ganking with no Karma restrictions. There was no other "Control Group" in your examples. They would have had to have one of the Velia channels KEEP the Karma rules of every other server, and then put the CC carebear mechanic in effect on that server to properly gauge how many players either flocked to that server or away from it for their grinding since that would have been the large Casual pool of players that you would use as the control group... not the extremely hard core Pro-Ganking ultima online lovers who hung out on Val6

18. Duckingtons

Horrible change, Completely messed up multiple classes.

These people get paid to balance a game and they cant even do it right, do they not think about anything before they put it in?

19. Jok3rsWild

Have to start somewhere. It isnt like they have a significant test realm to fine tune balance changes for months before they get pushed out. Have to start somewhere, the system was pretty broken and something needed to be done, yeah it might be a rough transition but hopefully we end up with a better game in the end.

Besides everyone is koi fishing anyway and its a non pvp area.

20. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Is it just chain lightning being cast by that witch to keep that guy perma-stiffened? And why does chain lightning not have a loss of cc on cooldown like so many other skills?