1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote on the new cc system

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by ViktoryiaV, Apr 18, 2018.

?

What is your opinion on the April 18 new cc system?

1. I like it

152 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. I love it

165 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. I dislike it

142 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. I hate it

779 vote(s)
    62.9%
  1. Fr00shy

They take one step forward and two steps backward.

I just don't understand. You're supposed to learn from your mistakes as a developer... You don't make money by shitting on the people who use your product. You don't brand build like that either.

It just doesn't make sense...

Tvvin likes this.
  2. RoCSloWpoKE

Personally guys, as a zerker main here, I have always hated grab chains because they are kind of a crutch for my class, I have had no problem using one or two here and there. Personally the thing I do not like about this patch is that they are limiting my ability to do very long combos to kill people. I believe they should revert cc changes but make it so that you can only do one grab at most, because that is what most classes in this game rely on (exception of wiz/witch/maehwa/musa of course). So really, I believe this patch is a bad way to make the cc changes, and they should only limit the use of grapples because of its ability to keep people cced. Either that, but I do not suggest, making a separate cc function for grapple chains, like having to downsmash the opponent beforehand to execute another grapple. Overall though, my opinion is just to limit grapples, but at least give all the cc effects like stun,knockback,float,knockdown back to every class.

3. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

it's a buff to stiff engages, buff to grab engages

nerf to grab used as cc extender, and any long combo for that matter

overall it buffs the already strong classes and doesn't help on any issues classes like dk or sorc had after dp patch

absolute garbage update

Chors likes this.
  4. Jok3rsWild

I think there are a number of skills like that that will need to be addressed.

5. Brightcide

I'm not sure who you're trying to reply to, but it certainly wasn't me.

6. Varilyn

Now that grab is "fixed" can we remove grab resistance now so it's not horrendously RNG anymore, especially for classes without the passive 30% ignore?

7. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

I love this patch !

WarCh1cken likes this.
  8. Ezikeo

Rip combo based classes, rip ninja.

Ryo, SevFFS and Tvvin like this.
  9. Real Life Futa

>no good zerk
    >Siege guild zerks quitting/rerolling

heh ok, just go read zerk discord and laugh ur ass off

10. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

Follow the herd, off you go

11. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

perma cc is wrong. u get cced every 0,3 seconds as said in the patchnotes ... but if your oponend runnign cc resist/evasion u didnt hit everytime. we tryed it too.

he is like mini stunned for 1 second every few seconds. the only thing this becomes funny/broken is, when 2 witches/wizzards casting that spell at same time :)

https://clips.twitch.tv/SassyCuriousChinchillaFreakinStinkin

12. Real Life Futa

See you once ure at softcap and quitting

13. Rafein

Perma CC chains were horrible, It's really just they fixed things the laziest way possible.

Instead of going through all the characters, and giving all characters a total of 2 stuns/grab/binds/knockdowns between them with cooldowns, which prevents CC chains, they are just applying blanket changes that can affect character combos.

I know PA said they were going to do a Character rebalance after these changes. Hopefully, they limit every character's possibly CC's to 2 at most, with cooldowns, and remove the blanket changes

14. HoshPak

HoshPak Berserker 61 EU

Zerker here, I like this update so far from a mechanical point of view. With this AP buff I can finally go back to my favorite grind spot in desert again after they screwed with mob DP.
    In terms of PvP it's a mixed bag. I can easily work around this 5 second CC immunity but what I can't do anymore is tanking high GS players. This update has widened the gap between low/mid-GS and high-GS players even further. Skill has never been this irrelevant before and it's a big stretch for the devs in Korea to pretend they are focussing on fun in the game... Turns out "fun" equals grinding and you gotta "work" for your gear to remain competitive.

I used to do fairly well against 500+ GS players while having 470 GS myself, but now I am nothing but a leaf in the wind and I am worried to never face players on my personal level again because I only ever encounter 500+ players lately. This is the ugly side of this patch.

#74 HoshPak, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  15. Kuu

Kuu

Except some skills are better then other? (area/power/CD/#ofhits/SA/FG/animation)

Actually, I think the main point was to prevent mass PvP locking. Since 2 CCs means you will not die a dogs death at the door without anything short of V, assuming you have the DP/DR to back it up.

They realized most classes were using 2 CCs as it is, with stun the only really "sometimes" extender on the opening salvo of a combo. So instead of the "ultimate grab" bypass, that some classes have and some don't they just made it universal as a CC.

stiffen is one of the shortest CC and hardest to chain, so they left it as continuous.

basically they went with the 90% = stiff->KD-grab combo, and made it a baseline.

Hieix likes this.
  16. ravenon

absurdly shortsighted and poorly thought out changes, roll back immediately or pvp is dead

17. Hihitsuo

It's absolute ****.

It has completely broken classes that depend on CC openings to function.

Kuno now sacrifices all of her kill potential just to SA, and all the difficult/rewarding combos that we mastered to be effective previously have been made inoperable. All the while- Mystics and Witchards have suffered no such loss. Freeze is still a no-penalty CC, and Chain Lightning has the ability to perma-CC.

Unless whole classes are reworked to accommodate for changes to stiffness- this patch is the most assinine and backwards changes to the CC system possible: it only makes the abuse of SA's all the more important, and acts as a net buff to every class that needs it the least.

The original CC groupings were fine. They were intuitive and rewarded careful play.

If a change to the CC system is necessary, then it should be one that allows the chaining of separate stifle skills to a maximum of 2-3 times before requiring another CC. This would open up various possibilities without breaking the whole damn thing.

To be honest though. This change was never even requested, or even necessary.

If there should be any change at all: it should be the removal of PA, or the removal of some SA skills.

Brightcide likes this.
  18. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

Lmaooooo, please quit!

19. HoshPak

HoshPak Berserker 61 EU

They have absolutely not thought this one through. I was testing PvP with a Valk earlier today and we both found a way to perma-stiffen people despite the 0.3 sec CC immunity they have added.

A ll I need to do if press 'F' in a brief interval and I can stiff 5+ people forever, in a big-ass circle around me.

20. 2Cents

So you are just now discovering the community is a bunch of whiny trash?

What's wrong with you anyway? Why do you expect a game that has failed for 2 years straight to have any reasonable PVP ever have it? Why have you not learned from history or 2cents for that matter when I already gave all the correct answers a year ago.

How did you think Zerker Chain grapple was acceptable?

How did you think your infinite super armor was ok?

You thought it was ok that a player could 1 combo you, but yet do 1% dmg while sitting in inifite SA/Block? That was "Ok" really?

Grizzly.ita and Silowyi like this.