1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote on the new cc system

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by ViktoryiaV, Apr 18, 2018.

?

What is your opinion on the April 18 new cc system?

1. I like it

152 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. I love it

165 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. I dislike it

142 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. I hate it

779 vote(s)
    62.9%
  1. Frozwend

The one single thing that people will always back up about this game, despite everything else people complain about, is the combat system.

That is the one thing BDO has done right that every other game does not.

Now it is being completely reworked and taken away from us. My enjoyment from the game comes from combos. If that is taken away, so is my enjoyment. I've never once considered leaving this game, but this is not a change I am willing to overlook. I will not hesitate to leave if there is no attempt to fix this and I'm sure a large portion of the community feels the same way.

My constructive feedback:
    If getting one-combo'd is a problem, consider re-working escape. Make it work while you are CC'd, lower the cooldown to around 45s, decrease the movement duration to maybe 2-3 seconds, and remove the exhaustion animation. It'll be a get-out-of-jail free card, making it much less punishing to make a single mistake. People can still do their combos, it'll just be tougher to initiate and get the kill with.

Attached Files:

• bdo.png
      bdo.png
      File size:
      192.6 KB
      Views:
    #121 Frozwend, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    T800 likes this.
  2. T800

#122 T800, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  3. Malketaz

Seriously whoever in PA brought this about should be fired. This is so bad, so poorly executed that it's baffling.

Leverpastej, ravenon, Sarevok and 3 others like this.
  4. 6IX

6IX

No one wants to be the guinea pigs. Unfortunately we are or you to blind to see? Give them credit for trying at least for now. You people have complain for 2 years and they haven't done a thing to change the game. Now that they are actually working on it you'll are complaining like if its the end of the world. let them do the changes, give them feedback and move on.

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

combos =/= i cc you to death

6. RudeImouto

Changes are absolutely disgusting, let alone infinite stiffness.
    >Strikers/zerkers will hate it, why?
    Pretty sure striker/zerk with enough AP can still delete you in seconds so why bother taking out the combos and long CC chains which were the way for less geared players to outplay their opponent by using his brain instead of gear.
    Talking about closing gear gaps, alright.
    As a not so geared striker I absolutely hate this changes even tho they didn't affect my PvP that much, can still kill people I used to before but the fact that they took away stylish ways to do so and literally killed a lot of abilities due to stupid CC cooldown forcing me to do the same **** over and over again praying for downsmash RNG. Considering that down smashes often does not even work since people tend to slide on the ground because of the dsync, it makes me want to just uninstall this game.

Leverpastej, Annabilu and SexGawdTy like this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

at least your class has downsmash.

8. Frozwend

CC to death combos is balanced by positioning to have allies nearby to help you out (as well as using more pots the longer the combo drags out). This patch just makes it so classes that can one-shot burst after a single grapple become overpowered in comparison to combo classes. Would you rather be CC'd for like 6-8 seconds with hope of being saved by allies, or would you rather just die from 2 abilities in 2 seconds?

9. Celensra

I've been in the Red Battlefield for a bit now and I like this new system more than the old one. Combined with the changes from Renown, it means that you're not immediately finished every time you fall. There absolutely needs to be work on the system (especially in duels lol) and they're doing that but in my opinion, this is better. It's exciting to try and discover new combinations since we can apparently do more than one Down Smash now too. I'm enjoying it. I'm certain I'm in the minority but I've noticed some classes that are "ruined" are muuuch stronger and likely just require different combinations now. Please, don't hate me too much :(

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

what we do know is that we need to invent new combos. some classes have easier way to be on defensive for 5 seconds than others. maybe they should increase potion cooldowns to follow new combo mechanics

11. Annabilu

its not a reliable combo he downsmashes 2 times, downsmash has 50% chance of failing so statisticly that fails way too much, they completly remove the outplay potential of lower geared Strikers or Ninjas for example. What they could do vs higher geared player wich has ton of ap dp, which tends to usually be a very long fight and requires multiple grabs and outplays, now it just not possible and ALL combo based classes like ninja striker etc are destroyed........ stop talking out of your you know what, and do actual testing and read patch notes before opening your mouth- " some people know how to change ther gameplay" DONT MAKE ME LAUGH.

12. Talik Starr

The combat system always reminded me of Soul Calibur and other fighting games. Why not take from those systems instead of re-inventing the wheel? Maybe add some sort of combo-breaker that requires timing/skill to do. My grab cancels your grab, or parry, reflect, something along those lines to limit or at least prevent infinite combos.

13. RudeImouto

fwsss.PNG

Looks like 70% chance to fail to me.

Tvvin likes this.
  14. Razumikhn

The single most redeeming thing about this game, and they ****ed it. I'm on the fence about qutting now since my class has no burst damage and is effectively useless now.

15. Redwolf

Never mind using a 30 second CD skill to actually 'do' the damage... Honestly I wouldn't mind the changes if zerk could easily turtle like almost all the classes in game (perma reliable block stance or high speed I-frame/Super dash spam). Making it so you need to capitalise on others mistakes when they probably have much more reliable 'turtle-power' is kinda' retarded. PvP is even more RnG heavy now. Good job Pearl Abyss...

16. AmazingJ

These changes are literally stupid.
    I have played BDO and this literally has me wanting to quit.

17. Nyhver

Initially I'm really disliking the CC change

It promotes cheese and cookie cutter extended CC combos over more elaborate ones

This is not the way pvp should be designed in this game and promotes less skill, not more

Brightcide likes this.
  18. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

crowd control is highly toxic and should have been only given to tanks with low damage, having an assassin class have a chain cc where they can perma keep you immobile and one shoot you is not fun, and it is not skillful, it is horrible.

19. Parc

Absolutely stupid CC changes. This borderline makes me not want to duel anymore...

I'm a zerker and I'm able to maintain someone stiffed permanently as long as I don't mess up. Spamming only left-click and cancelling it with Storming Beast. All I need to do in 1v1 is a land a grab and the duel is over. Slow as hell death that will keep people locked for 50+ seconds until they die.

Utterly ridiculous.

Leverpastej likes this.
  20. Razumikhn

then I suggest you watch videos of people who actually know how to pvp.

Frozwend likes this.