1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote on the new cc system

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by ViktoryiaV, Apr 18, 2018.

?

What is your opinion on the April 18 new cc system?

1. I like it

152 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. I love it

165 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. I dislike it

142 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. I hate it

779 vote(s)
    62.9%
  1. Constance

What on earth were they possibly thinking, do they not realize that Americans and Koreans like completely different styles of PvP???

2. Frozwend

There's so much SA and frontal and mobility in the game that if you get cc'd, you probably messed up and could have prevented it.
    If you're grabbed, then you were out of position because your teammates can save you before you die (unless you get grabbed and one-tapped by a single ability or 2, which these changes don't make any difference to).

3. Frodon

Very good change on grab and very bad change on stiffness. To be able to stiff someone for ever is stupid

4. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

people who depends on keeping someone in cc do not know how to play, crowd control such as stun, do not allow any counter play, I am very happy that no one can get carried by it, now you have three seconds time to dodge, counter attack, or just run away. no more CC >>> DEATH.

the old way of playing wasn't fun and was awful, and I am thankful that it is never coming back.

5. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

in America we want the easy way out, this is why a lot of people don't like it, an ninja keeping you cc'ed while she is doing insane amount of damage makes no sense and is god awful

6. Xeraths

Please im not here for playing stiff online. I understand the grab change but remove the infinite stiffness.

7. Massacrul

The CC changes are one of the worst things that PA has screwed up recently.

It's singlehandenly even worse change than the AP / DP one. Being able to perma CC someone is some kind of a cruel joke that only a lunatic that doesn't play the game could think of.

What's more - mobs are able to perma cc you for 10-15 seconds, it's even worse than fighting a Mystic player. Some spots instead of getting easier got actually harder, even though the mobs itself are weaker - because they can CC you so often and for so long, that sometimes you might even end up dying.

While on the previous patch I could go to Aakman and do not use any HP potions, or maybe sometimes rarely, I nearly died 2 times today in juz 1 hour while using 50 potions having 527 GS (305 DP with URUGONS!). And it's ridiculous that in order to get tankier, without sacrificing my dmg, I have to actually gain more damage... I need to upgrade those goddamn AP accessories to get tankier, cause screw logic.

Arianell and Leverpastej like this.
  8. SillySin

SillySin DarkKnight 62 EU

Hey valk! where was your vote on Grab being unfair to classes without? even PA did admit it with today's patch, where is your vote from the broken block? this is how it feels being cced to death by a class that has grab and 1-2 shot ability, without this cc change, dr patch could have killed the classes without grab, git gud!

9. WarCrew_PT

I like it. The fact classes which contain a grab got pretty much nerfed so the gap between grab class and grabless classes would become shorter. I play as a Warrior since BETA came out and to me the pvp was pretty much a line. CC > ankle break combo > grab if possible > combo > Enemy Dead. As now, you can't simply smash your keyboard in order to fight, you will have to think when facing another opponent. The players who want to quit the game or are going for a rerroll are those who can't change... They rather rerroll to which class fits the prfofile and that's it, no effort whatsoever to learn their class. It's not the end of the world, it's another way to view things on a different angle. If you are not willing to improve your skill with your class, then I have no idea why are you even playing this game...

I was fighting my Guild Members in BA this evening and I felt few or even none from the AP/DR/DP changes. Using Kite Shield or Vangertz was pretty much the same. Almost none of the normal warrior combos weren't working so I had to improvise what I could do in order to win against my guild members. At first we didn't knew what was going on, most of the grabs we're failing and DK's were still OP. After reading the CC changes again we figured out what we could do for new combos or new types of fighting styles. Took a while but we managed to understand the whole thing and anyone with a brain would understand as well...

Now that all kinds of CC has a cooldown after being used 2 times, people should look for other ways to defeat their enemies, my point is that Stiffness will be a thing now. We tried it out and if you time perfectly the times between your stiffs, you can perma stiff someone to death, that might be worked out next patches but who knows.

Don't come with ******** that you don't like the changes cause you can't grab people to death, or your combos don't work anymore, or your class is ****. Improve yourself, improve your playstyle!

Moen likes this.
  10. Melciab

Personally I love the changes, i think it's going to make things a bit more fair and equalized. the very fact that someone at 490 gs would never be able to touch a 530 gs was a problem, and the idea of removing 1-combos is not a bad thing.

11. VorteX332

VorteX332 Tamer 61 EU

If you meet a player at 530 gs now while you are on 490, you will still get one comboed, while you would do even less dmg to him than before.
    Game is now way more gear depending. And with this new cc System, where you can stiff forever, well, i dont know what our devs are thinking.

Tansie likes this.
  12. TSSBeast

Where can i find a guide to uninstall games dead Like this

KhalidIbnWaalid and Leverpastej like this.
  13. Jeanina

Jeanina Sharivar Lahn 61 EU

cc locked to death by mobs is seriously no fun! :(

Leverpastej likes this.
  14. unrealaz

Troll.

15. IAmBananas

Hate this change, ruined my 2 favorite classes. The classes were created and balanced around the previous CC system, and this new one messes all of it up. If your going to change the pvp mechanics, you should probably redo the classes as well. (Dont mess with my classes either D:<, I like how things are)

16. Constance

not letting this post die

17. fanatycme

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

18. Nexius

This cc change is very odd. I agree with their assessment that grab classes simply had too much of an advantage when it came to having consistent ways to cc and thus win engagements, especially against block classes. However the implementation of these cc changes are just plain bad. Some classes have better cc chains than others, some abilities can be used during their cooldowns to extend cc very long or even permanently, because stiffness has no limits. I would appreciate it if EVERY CLASS HAD MULTIPLE WAYS TO COMBO AND CHAIN CC's FAIRLY. Id appreciate it if CLASSES WERENT BUILD AROUND BEING HARD COUNTERS TO ONE ANOTHER.

I'D APPRECIATE IT IF GRABLESS CLASSES DIDNT HAVE TO BUILD FULL AP TO DEAL WITH BLOCK CLASSES. Yes we cant just think 1v1 we must think siege first, 1v1 later and in that mindset somethings need to exist (really strong blocks for instance), but there are things you can do for each class individually which will help overcome very crippling weaknesses or tone down oppressive strengths. Completely turning PvP on its head by changing how we all play in the span of one update is quite silly. Not to mention freaking PvE mobs that can't be cced, damn near perma cc u now. BDO aint dark souls yo.

19. Chors

Wtf ur talking about. Ankle break combo ? Combo after grab ?

We were able to almost 1 shot people with double air after stiff-stun-stiff + we had a lot of viable combos but most of the time with siff as opener and it required lot of skill. Now its even easier with air attacks because we can do it now ot of KD and solar is just 5s cd.

Rip combos like this

20. Melciab

actually i tested it, my zerker does almost twice as much damage at 514gs than he did before, and this is to a 542gs ranger. who did a bit less damage than before, would u care to explain to me how this is not equalization? this is not a a bad thing, it just needs some adjustments