1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Wailing Cave: Stuck

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nakuls, Dec 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nakuls

So the quest Wailing Cave from Drieghan says to summon Khalk.

I have nothing in my inventory.
    Was given nothing from the previous quest.
    And I see no interactables within the cave either.

What am I supposed to do?

2. Bruno12

3. Nakuls

I figured it out.

What happened was I used the bandages and thought I completed the quest , and walked away. Turns out the boss was summoned when I used the bandages, then despawned.

I dropped the quest and re-accepted it, and its worked out. Thanks for your time.

Andaro likes this.
  4. Bruno12

That is exactly how I did it, when I got there the first time... :-)

5. GM Salome

Game Master

Ohai! ^^

There can be a bit of an issue with a quest if you fail to defeat Khalk, or if you forfeit the quest and try to re-take it. It is possible to continue, but can be a bit complicated. Don't worry :)

How to re-take the quest if you forfeit it:

This quest is automatically accepted whenever you summon Khalk using the Ointment Applied Bundle of Bandages. If you had previously obtained this quest and forfeited it, you most likely have already used up the bandages you received. In this case, simply talk to the Injured Hunter (outside the cave) and choose the Let me redo your bandages option. This will give you a new set of bandages. Once you obtain a new set of bandages, simply stand next to the Injured Hunter and use them. Your character will then spawn Khalk over at the cave and automatically accept the quest to defeat him.

Things to note:

1. The bandages behave like a boss summon scroll, but instead of using it at the boss location, you use it next to the Injured Hunter npc.
    2. The Let me redo your bandages option should be presented as soon as you interact with the Injured Hunter, as long as you don't already have a bandage in your inventory.
    3. If you get the "Boss is already alive/spawned" message, this means that you just need to walk down to the cave, as Khalk is already alive and waiting for you. Be ready!

Good luck :)