1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Walking is broken

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by ElPsyKongroo, Nov 2, 2017.

1. ElPsyKongroo

I would like to encourage the developers to test their walking and figure out why it doesn't work.
    If you also have the same problem like me, it may help the developers to know that this doesn't just affect me.

Anyhow, it goes like this, press the button I assigned (num-5), nothing works, hold it down, still nothing, spam num 5 like a crazy nut, still nothing. Assigned buttons don't work.

Press the last known default (caps lock) and basically do everything as I did above^ , again still nothing.

Someone told me they changed the default to scroll lock, so I tested that in the same way, still nothing.

BUT, if you set a destination, press T, and auto-path to that destination, then you press caps lock, it works, and somehow(i don't know how) I was able to unbind myself from the auto-pathing and managed to walk where desired.
    I also tested this same auto-pathing trick above, with the other 2 keys, and still nothing. Only caps lock works.

I would like to add that I am very grateful for the developers and all their hard work recently. You can SMASH these bugs!! :D
    I believe in you!!

Shurim and Roechacca like this.
  2. Roechacca

Noticed this too. RP walk day immersions rekt.

3. Shurim

4. JustSomeGuy

One GM in the bug section said it was been told as working as intended; considering the ridiculousness of that statement together with that walking was in some form addressed in the latest KR patch it can be assumed someone had some fun with the GM by letting him tell BS (which totally stands for Business Speak of course :P ).

5. GM BBrilliant

Game Master

Are you guys still having this walking predicament? If you guys could send a video your walking, we can look into this further. It seems like a hard thing to describe so a video may be best. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by it.

6. ElPsyKongroo

I guess I could try after my computer gets re-setup, Not exactly a video-wizard, but I will try.

7. midgard229

Basically the issue is that the patch notes didn't say the command was changed to Caps lock + T instead of Caps lock +W so it's assumed to be off or only work for auto path.

I only discovered the Caps lock + T (with auto off) by accident. It really needs to be added to tool tips in game, needs to be made very visible that there is a new command ( maybe loading screen note? )

Nasche likes this.
  8. Roechacca

Basicly this. There's no need for a video really. Just hop Ingame and try to walk. Caps+W doesn't work. Only autopath Caps+T works.

Nasche likes this.
  9. midgard229

Yeah it walks alone but doesn't need a set path, basically releasing you if holding W

10. Akaru

It was when the halloween patch first released that walking started to have problems. Back then if you tried to manual walk, the animation would stutter and freeze and you would essentially slide around on one foot at running pace. Now a few patches later, the walk button doesn't even function.
    There's really nothing to show unless you want footage of me pressing down the walk key and nothing happening, because that's exactly what happens; the character runs around as if nothing happened, like the walk key doesn't even register anymore.

In the meantime I've been using no-autopath + T like everyone else has, but it's a very tedious way of doing it, especially since you can't rebind the key to something else because the only reason it works is because it's a lock key.

Nasche likes this.
  11. JustSomeGuy

That would be a nothing to see here video. You cannot re-map "walk" away from caps; and you cannot use it by walking with "W"; only by autowalk. AND EVEN THEN CHATTING IS PROBLEMATIC BECAUSE YOU CANNOT REMAP IT AWAY FROM CAPSLOCK:

;)

edit: It is positive IMO though that its a single button press instead of constant holding now. Just... make it re-mappable and workable with manual walk please :)

12. Akaru

You were always able to use the method we're using now.

I also would like to point out that this problem has been receiving ongoing concerns in a bug thread.
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/walking.76014/

#12 Akaru, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  13. GM Dranzerkai

Game Master

Hey Guys!

Just to quote Gm_Haliaeetus from the linked bugs thread "We are currently aware of this problem with the walking feature and it has already been escalated to be fixed. We sincerely apologize for any disruptions!"

Thank you all for your patience. I recommend not autopathing around any cliffs or water for now in case of any accidents >_>;

JustSomeGuy and Roechacca like this.