1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning: Cron Stone Input Bug

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Belle Atwell, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Belle Atwell

Issue: http://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/cron-stones-were-not-used.516647/

When using Cron Stones to Enhance gear be aware that the Input system is NOT reliable.

The game prioritizes that you input the item to be Enhanced in the following way:
    ~ Item to be Enhanced >> Black Stone (type) >> Cron Stone

This is not obvious nor informed to you.

You can input Cron Stone OR Black Stone in either order.

HOWEVER. The game will reset this, canceling the Cron Stone, input.
    ~ Thus if you input: Item to be Enhanced >> Cron Stone >> Black Stone, your item will most likely be DESTROYED.

For perspective how disastrous this is to you:
    - If you are making 60,000,000 silver a day then you are making 2,500,000 an hour.
    - A TRI Blackstar is worth 2,950,000,000.
    - 2,950,000,000 silver / 60,000,000 silver daily = 49.16 days lost due to Kakao not testing their menus are functioning given the options available to you for inputs. Like, not resetting your inputs!!!!

Now keep in mind that Cron Stones come from outfits. The Average outfit is a $30.00 purchase.
    If you are making $10.00 an hour $30.00 comes out to 1/13th of your income before taxes.
    You'll get about 320 to 340 Cron Stones on a premium outfit.
    For an outfit that gives 320 Cron Stones that means ever Cron Stone is 9.38 cents.
    Which means for every 17 cents a minute I am getting working a $10 an hour job Kakao takes 9.38 cents of that minute.

Now, a TET attempt on a Blackstar is worth 591 Cron Stones.
    - That is going to cost you two outfits.
    - That's 60 dollars. 1/6th of your pay check at $10 an hour.

Does this feel like maybe Kakao could do a little bit of work making sure their menu system operates properly? Like CHECKING if it randomly reset your inputs and informing you of this? A BIG RED THREATENING LINE AROUND THE BOX INDICATING, "CRON STONES NOT ACTIVE!" Particularly when you have 900!!!! of them in your inventory?!

Wouldn't this be a little courteous to your customers?!
    - but no, this is not Kakao

YOU have been Reset.
    - not just your weapon

You can longer make that 60,000,000 per day.
    - You can longer grind the spots you were grinding
    - You cannot even buy another copy of your weapon for another 49 days at the silver per hour you were just kicked from by this profound disrespect of our time.

Then to add insult to injury you might not be buying these Cron Things, by Pearls. So, how long exactly did it take you to save up that 900 pearls? A year? Two? For me it was 3. I just cannibalized outfits I had from years ago for just one more attempt.

Does Kakao care or think about these things?
    - No. They'll go make Life Skillers have hundreds of silver a day for income, but us Grinders not only get cheated on our TIME we get cheated on our MONEY.

So, now if you want to keep playing the game this one little menu issue has probably set you back close to 70 days.
    - just because Kakao can't be bothered to inform you that their options for how to input items into the Enhancement window is going to be REJECTED ANNNNNNNDDDDD DESTROY your equipment.

Thanks, Kakao.
    "Well made game."

Patric likes this.
  2. Belle Atwell

And just to add insult to injury:

Keep in mind, they are SELLING you Crons. An item DESIGNED to MAKE SURE you DON'T DESTROY irreplaceable things!

So, of course a player is going to make absolutely CERTAIN they click USE CRONS before even getting near inputting the Black Stone because why the heck would you risk blowing up a 49 days worth of effort on a misclick?!?!?!?!?!

Oh, but don't worry. Kakao's got you covered. That misclick was built in.....................

Patric and Fearless V like this.
  3. KeeperG

IMO send a ticket, but the correct enhancement materials are automatically inserted at the same time as the equipment and all you have to do is click on [Use Cron Stones]

4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Anyone that spends real money on costumes to melt for crons to then play a gambling game is stupid. Just don't do it.

Samwyn, Saccharin, Naho and 4 others like this.
  5. Gir

Gir

I'm curious, do you believe crons only come from melting costumes? Post really makes it out that way, which if you do believe that, you'd be wrong.

Also, Kakao doesn't do jack other than host the servers.

6. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I know you can buy them from the blacksmith at a highly inflated price, one that was inflated solely to encourage sales of costumes. I also know that they throw a few freebies every now and then just as a drug dealer with his wares to get you hooked on having them.

#6 Phoenixxx75, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    ODB3698, Reuter and Ashenvall like this.
  7. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

Maybe they are not stupid, just rich inept gamers that Pearl Abyss caters hardcore to. Maybe paying to win to one shot other players is the best they can do with their skill. Maybe they are desperately looking to win in a MMO for once. LUL

Either case we shouldn't show anger to them. More so we should pity them and move on. For they will never experience the joy and accomplishment of winning without resorting to outside means. All they will experience is a hollow win in a hollow MMO.

Avonna likes this.
  8. CHEESUS CHRIST!!

60m a day? are you just afk fishing? if so why would a downgrade on a tri bs even make a difference

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i mean, you get like 165+++ mil from guru cooking delivery a day with measly tri loggia clothes and tet loggia accessories....

10. Denthors

60m a day LUL that so 2016

11. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

Just the remark I'd expect from someone who is completely disconnected from reality. Like everyone starts out with 560 GS and 1000 mastery. Newflash they don't!

ODB3698, Phoenixxx75 and Sandpit_ like this.
  12. Denthors

with 150 ap at abandonned iron mine
    you can do 100m/h

with crappy tri loggia mastery gear too

are we playing the same game ?

and btw

its impossible to do what the OP is describing cuz as othere said the required material to do enhancement is AUTOMATICALLY place in the slots when you select the item you want to enhance

you just have to chose if you wanna use cron or not

13. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

I'm going to need some proof of this. Or I'm just going to call ********!

14. Denthors

are you serious ?

just do crappy imperial cooking and you get 100m per day with professional box

use your brain ......

I get 60m in fish + 25 relic each 8 hours of afk fishing.....
    add some trash imperiral crate + 1 or 2 hours of grinding

250m/days EZ casualy

if you are doing less then 250m/day in 2019-2020 you are totally playing this game wrong

with 1k mastery in gathering
    witch cost around 80m to 150m to get

you can do ez 100+m/h

join the lifeskiling discord and look at the 100000000000000000000 of loot pic people are posting

your proof is there

with the current +50 loot rate and a normal loot scroll

I get 60 forbidden book doing supervisor run in abandoned iron mine with 100 to 150 black stone per hours and plenty of othere loot that if I sell everything on CM I get more money then in a bad hysteria run hell I did a run with 73 books

seriously 60m / day is like 24/24 afk fishing and selling the fish to imperial.

15. Life2v

Yeah, cool story bro. Why dumb people farming hystria and aakmans .....

And

M1k cost around 80-150mil? Another trash story.....

Fearless V likes this.
  16. Denthors

lul

17. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

You can probably make 100 mil at iron mine, if you have all inventory slots open (which most players don't), and if you have 5 t4 pets (which most players don't), and if you keep switching servers for elite mobs (and if those servers are empty and elites alive. They mostly aren't because I also farm iron mine often on my alts), and if you are very lucky and keep getting +14 drops which is also unlikely.
    ......So no, any normal new player which isn't extremely lucky can't make 100mil at iron mine.

But that doesn't even matter. There is a lot of casual players in this game and there's nothing wrong with making 60 mil a day, that's not even an issue.

Thing I don't really get what's wrong with inputs for enchanting since I'm pretty sure your blackstones are inserted automaticly, so you just have to click on cron stones. Unless you click on blackstones from inventory again for some reason, then crons get removed. I know it's frustrating, but that's not a bug, you should have been more careful what you are clicking. Double or tripple check next time.

Edit: Though yeah, I do agree it's made ridicilious. I would make some notification to alert players if they aren't using cron stones (just in case). And for people who usually enchant without them, to have an option to just remove the alert itself in options menu so it isn't annyoing when failstacking (or such). So mistakes like this don't happen. Anyone can missclick.

#17 onaco, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  18. Gir

Gir

You also get them from the dark rift boxes, if i'm not mistaken Alter of blood, and you can get them from night vendor as well (which can have better prices than blacksmith). They're more available than some would believe.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  19. Blitzball

This is not stupid. This is mandatory to have full PEN gear. :D

20. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

If you grind beetles maybe...