1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning: Cron Stone Input Bug

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Belle Atwell, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

I would rather pity people struggling to put food on the table and thus have no money left for their entertainment budget than people who can buy everything they want in life, just saying... xD

Fearless V likes this.
  2. Belle Atwell

Wow, um... intimidating getting this many replies. Thanks for some and "sure" for others.

I primarily play this game for one reason:
    - to grind with my friends.

I'll photograph PvP battles.
    I organize little holiday meetups or guild groups.
    I crunch numbers for people doing their failstacks.
    I farm.
    I try to make a Pegasus.

And that's pretty much it.

Grinding is what keeps me here, because that's where I get time with the people I want to play with.
    - My Blackstar is dead.
    - Dead because someone developing the menu system for RNG couldn't be bothered to check to see if it allows you to do things outside what you shouldn't do. Yeah, it really should have a giant warning box that isn't easy to get away from shouting: "STOP! WAIT?! DID YOU KNOW IF YOU CLICK YOU'RE GOING TO DESTROY HALF A YEAR'S PROGRESS!?" Particularly when it arbitrarily decides to kick out the Cron Stones you put in because it would like them in another order.

Object Persistence is a fun game if it is intended gameplay. Like cups and finding the ball under neat it. Object Persistence is not a fun game IF ...you aren't told you are playing and it defeats the purpose of say... Cron Stones.

It kind of matters.
    - But ya, sure. If you're somehow managing to make over 60 million a day this isn't a big deal to you. To me? I make 30 on average and 60 if I really try (and that's grinding all day). ALL day.

So ya,
    When this blew up it did all of the following.

1. Removed me from the people I play with
    2. Destroyed all of money and time I invested into grinding trying to catch up in gear with the friends I play with (who have better gear by a lot)
    - you know... so I can KEEP playing with them
    3. Leaves me with this sort of stunned question of, "Do I trust this game now?"
    - I'm not going to do anymore Enhancing.
    - If all of the time I put into the game can be destroyed by a badly designed menu system then why would I ever use that again?
    Lesson learned. Do NOT Enhance.

4. But this lesson has long term consequences. Yes, Enhancing is risky. Yes, Enhancing is still faster than buying an item (usually). But if you can't trust the game's menu system to USE the item designed to prevent this entire situation from happening then yeah... do not use that game feature. That's that.
    Which means, temporally I am further behind now from my friends by the same amount of time I put into getting the weapon plus the time I will lose in buying a new one flat out from the market. E.G. Progress from June until Now on my weapon is gone. Silver saved from the time of purchasing the weapon until now is Gone. The future time to acquire that silver lost is gone.
    - issue 4 returns me to issue 2... If I don't trust the game's advancement system anymore how do I keep up with my friends?
    - NOTE: Everyone saying, "You can make more money than that!" Um... cool. How? i read a book once that said we have lots of people with visions, but few people with means. It's kind of the same thing. If you're going to tell someone a thing is possible, but not tell them how to do the thing you are just taunting them.
    "Google it" is also not an answer. You forget regional blocking, Google's Bubble, and so on. It's like if someone sends you a link to Ancient Aliens as a meme. Suddenly your Music Streams are detouring into conspiracy land. It's worse than that actually. A professor helping me with a thesis showed me a search she was looking at. Physically turned the monitor towards and me says, "Look this up." You know, so we'd be on the same page and all that. I tried to pull it up on my computer. We're in the same room. Same computer network. Entirely different search results. We never did discover how to get Google to give us both the same search results.
    - US has same internet as China now. It just pretends to be different.

So, back to the actual cost to this situation:
    x2 +100 failstacks is roughly 977,190,000(2) silver + the blackstar 2,900,000,000 silver, + repurchasing it 3,100,000,000 silver.
    Sum of all of that is:
    7,954,380,000 silver / 30,000,000 a day average = 265.146 days lost

Because.... someone couldn't have stopped to think, "Wait? If a player is allowed to input Cron Stones, which are used to prevent such a scenario from occurring, shouldn't that be a higher priority to the system than EVERYTHING ELSE? And shouldn't the system say, not remove the Cron Stones after the player has input them? If Cron Stones are not used shouldn't they have to say... remove a locking feature preventing this entire scenario." Nah...

So, 3,100,000,000 silver is the current price of the item lost. 3,100,000,000 / 30,000,000 is 103.33 days.
    - That's 1/3rd of a year to recover. 1/3 of a year my friends are pulling ahead and 1/3 of a year I'm catching up to where they are now. E.G. Now they are 2/3rds of a year ahead of me.

Feels good.

3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

You're are pretty low AP for it to be that big of a deal...if it sets you back that much honestly you have no business with a blackstar right now to begin with...thats an end game weapon to be enhanced when you can gather end game materials with relative ease.

You got the FS, grind some more FS, use the crons you saved and get back to tri. Then keep at it, im going 0/15 PEN attempts, if you are this easily set back, your not gonna make it. Or quit.

I doubt they are gonna reset it, cause its like a second chance..if they do well good on you, if not, move on. People have done worse and gotten over it.

SoleaSofia likes this.
  4. Belle Atwell

One other thought to go with the rest:
    Last night I was supposed to be grinding with a friend. It was the last evening we'd get to grind together of his days off for this holiday. And, because of crappy menu system we don't get to do that.

So, it's not really about the money. It's just about the time to get back to spending time with friends. When a mechanical issue disallows it, especially one designed with a fault that isn't taken seriously, it really does irk. Mostly because you're absolutely powerless to do anything about it.

I mean what do you do at that point? Go back to the broken menu system and hope it works?
    - no. it will just reset your weapon further because, why not?
    - go grind? why? you just lost everything you were doing from that to do more of that because why would they bother to make content made to be done together rather than solo content we as player try to squirm around into something two people can do together.

At some point the futility of the process becomes a very blunt bat to the face.

And Kynreaa, while I respect your perspective. Consider this one. You only live once.
    When a game company entirely regards your life (time spent... when you can't get back) as worth wasting by a faulty menu system. Well... it's just 265 days, right?
    Further, I have 240 AP. What exactly is left for me to get to catch up besides Blackstar and Accessories? A think you could rework your phrasing to ask, "Where are you at in AP and what are your needs vs. costs to get to the next gear ladder?" Every item ahead of me is 8,000,000 to 14,000,000 silver. Saying, I'm not supposed to be doing this is really a double loss of perspective.
    - if you're saying I should up my income before attempting a Blackstar Upgrade again, the question would be "how"?
    - further, I have 1325 cron stones saved in all, Five Flawless Magical Black Stone, and the materials required to repair several times.

The issue of the entire thread is that the menu system broke.

I input the Crons
    The game rejected the Input

It is the fault of the game, not mine, that this happened.

It shouldn't have happened at all.
    If they don't want us putting in Cron Stones before putting in every other material then don't let us do that. Period. It's very simple.

I don't deserve to be punished for their oversight.

And that's that.

The point of this

#24 Belle Atwell, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  5. Gir

Gir

Man, you'd probably never survive in some of the older games that punished players harder than in this game. Some games would outright destroy your gear if you failed to enhance or socket a gem.

In this game, you've gotta have a backup for what you enhance, and sometimes a backup for that backup. Backups make life so much better, especially if you're going for tet/pen upgrades, you fail one enhance (for whatever reason), you've got a backup to keep using.

LucidKill and SoleaSofia like this.
  6. Claydough

Doesnt the ui automatically put the black stone in the ui now?

7. Gir

Gir

pretty sure it does automatically put black stones in, it's cron's that you have to toggle.

8. Claydough

So his essay can be summarised, “i forgot to click the cron button”

looks like you gotta be more careful dude

9. yukishiro1

I don't really get it, you didn't lose a whole TRI blackstar, it went from TRI to DUO. And this stopped you from grinding with your friend? Huh?

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I think his intention is to make it sound worse then it is..add some sort off loss other then what he gambled to the equation, that may have him feel he is entitled to some sort of compensation..Instead of just saying straight out he made a booboo...If it had hit, and didn't take up the crons, this thread wouldn't exist.
    Im pretty sure it would be nice if they could help him, such would be the case if there perhaps was live customer service, that had any power. But I doubt they will.

#30 Kynreaa, Jan 5, 2020
  11. Khondo

If you were still playing you would know that we got a lot of free crons in the last month. One reward gave a stack of 200 for eg.

Arkadia likes this.
  12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

You cant really count stuff like that as a reliable method to obtain crons. And all in all it was really more like 600-700...Which wasn't bad to be honest.

#32 Kynreaa, Jan 5, 2020
  13. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Free or otherwise it is still a gamble. I am cynical enough to believe the free crons are an attempt to introduce people to the feeling of safety of not losing level and to promote the sales of artisans and costumes for melting.

14. Xeniph

I feel for you, I do. But you have to take some personal responsibility here.

If this item is so important to you, why did you not double and triple check? This is coming from someone who uses crons on TETs and up since we could go past +15.
    If you think it's bad now, at least you can read how many crons it takes to secure the attempt. 2 UI elements ago the placement of things partually obscured the cron amount. So it's an improvement.

So, I can get on board with the suggestion, even though I haven't had this issue. But I categorically disagree with the way you blame the UI for your carelessness.

I don't see it this way, never have. I don't melt costumes, nor do I spend on the cash shop. However I have used crons on every TET+ attempt I have made in the game. I just buy what I need for the blacksmith and add that with any free sourced ones I get.

The way I see it, you can't put a price on peace of mind.

15. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

What you do is the only smart way to do it in my opinion. I will never buy outfits to melt either from the pearl shop or from the central market. If I was to enhance I may use the free ones topped off with ones from the blacksmith.
    This in no way changes my mind that they are given with the ulterior motive I mentioned in my previous post. It is a lot like if you are at a supermarket and they give you a free tasting of a product. The intention is to get you to buy said product.

16. Paric

This pretty much summs up this whole thread

Sorry but cmon, ok i understand your decision not to buy costumes for money and melt em, however not buying em from central MP and rather buying crons directly from NPC for duble the price is just plain old stupid. You must rly like pissing into the wind i guess, just dont complain than that you have less gear than your friends etc.. when you are basicly paying duble per attampt compared to most others.

17. Eynix

2 things : it's either intentional and in that case it's malicious, or it's not. Either way, that's the first time I see "poor coding skill" spelled that way.

18. Naicon

Naicon Maehwa 63 EU

People spending money on their hobbys? How dare they. This is heresy.

19. Naho

Spending money is ok. But better sell the costumes than gambling with it. The amount of real money you lose if you don't get it is simply ridiculous.

For the OP : if you can only make 60 mil a day, I don't see the point for you to even get a black star. Sell that crap and buy Lifeskill gear.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  20. Rinnagans

Call 1800-GET-CRON to get your settle for your compensation. Prob the same type of people who complain about hot coffee with out caution label and claim injuries law suit.

with 240ap at duo BS you can still grind with your friends, you just not the cool dps monkas like you used to