1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warrior GvG , XvX and 1vX are dead

Discussion in 'Warrior' started by Akantorian, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

i see good warriors diving into 10 people and killing 10 people. maybe you should get some training if you lie down the first step you take in this game.

2. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

By good warriors you mean 280+ AP and 340+ DP, right? Because it doesn't take much skill to dive.

Souda and Akantorian like this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

dont forget 200 fps and low ping ;D

VardaSkaya and Akantorian like this.
  4. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

i guess, didn't you want to dive? not sure if anyone should dive 20 people with trialchars. wait sorc does.
    as long as warrior becomes immortal with bugging the game, there is no space for a buff. when they start to ban the buguseres we can talk about anything

#184 Wollbert, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    VardaSkaya and Fearless V like this.
  5. WhySoSeeryus

one of the problems with classes that rely on other damage mitigation than iframes is that they still think tet armors and full ap jewlery will provide them enough toughness. i bet most of them consider proper build to be "pop 4 han hooms in slots and call it a day"

6. Abundance

We should make a thread letting the GMs/Developers know exactly what change should be done.

This needs some common sense - not asking for something overpowered.

Just what small part can be improved so that warrior, in general, can be a deeply loved class for all warriors to play.

In my opinion, for GvG, XvX, 1vX it's something that has been suggested before - just a bit more buff to disengage when bombarded. E.g. Make Charging Thrust SA instead of FG and remove the kick animation on collide. If this can be done, we can take the rest of the kit and work with it, while playing like a true warrior where we can engage, and properly disengage without just dropping dead in between multi-directional attacks.

Not iframes, not more damage buffs. Just a proper disengage so that we can actually courageously charge in, fight and still live in wars.

7. WhySoSeeryus

its called V and esc-esc. like all non iframe classes.

8. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

there is a shieldcharge i see warriors disengage very fast. there are warriors that actually do this. and take out various enemys in 1vX situations.
    you are fighting with other real players. why you think you should have it gifted, to stay above everyone else. just dive in make one or two kills, get out unharmed. do you rather want to fight sausans maybe?
    you need to practice alot to be able to do this. there is nothing just handed out for free to you.
    i do alot of rbf in my time. now i can take 2-3 average players at once and that took me 2 years. even with the class thats considered the worst of all in 1vX.
    there is no useless class in large scale. large scale and group fights are so much about personal skill and knowing what the class is supposed to do. thats what you need to focus first and have a hard time practicing it before you can even think of the luxury to 1vX alot.
    and everyone whos crying about their classes large scale capacitys is just a bad player.

Bnna likes this.
  9. Abundance

Hm... sorry but it's not worth the effort to describe the everyday difficulties of actually playing a warrior to other classes. Unless, you're interested in playing the class. Then it's worth the discussion.

My comment was aimed at players who main warriors. Genuinely looking to get some response whether having this slight disengage buff would satisfy players who are unsatisfied with the warrior gameplay.

We all know that with gear and practice, one can pull off amazing feats. I think it's common sense to know that. It's however off topic from what was raised - the frustration raised was communicated due to a reasonably large majority of warriors finding the class harder to excel with at average gear and skillset in environments where attacks are being bombarded.

I also think that stating the obvious e.g. V and Esc > Esc helps with the discussion at all. It's more of an attempt at ending a conversation. If that's the case, there's no need for anyone to talk about anything anymore, or bother participating in contributing to the discussion. We'll be better off spending our time doing things that matter rather than joining a conversation that'll get nowhere.

It doesn't take a genius to know that where there are multi-directional attacks, avoid the targeted location. However, this needs to take into account the distance of attack, e.g. melee or ranged. As a warrior, you need to get close to engage. Yes, there are ways to shield charge and charging thrust to disengage. Both are frontal guards, which are still effective protection - of course, under an environment where there aren't multi-directional blasts and collisions like in large scale fights.

The complaints e.g. block melting are legitimate to most average players. These days 261AP is common. Add to that melee distance, and limited disengage, and we have a class where players who genuinely wish to main it perhaps for its combat style, aesthetics, etc. being sad about its state. Once again, it's actually not worth talking about this to non-warrior mains. Most warrior mains feel this, and have stayed true to the class despite all this because there's a little potential where if a minor buff is added, it could be very rounded and give the right feel of a warrior.

The minor buff could just be a little bit more protection to disengage. Following that, even if the class comes with its other problems, most might still find it really fun to play. In the end, we're here to have fun.

#189 Abundance, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  10. WhySoSeeryus

How many classes can burn their mobility to get into fight and disengage safetly tho? Not many have these options, especially if they have to also tank multiple people before running out? Its not a problem just warriors face by a long shot.

Rilok likes this.
  11. Bestkk

Bestkk EU

You don't know anything about warriors. You are as clueless as trollbert.

12. Abundance

It's alright. He probably wishes to communicate his frustration about his class, but mistakenly take it out on other classes instead without realizing what it might do to the game, which is built collectively by players.

This isn't how things can work, but he's probably having fun doing it.

In my opinion, we can fairly request for minor things specifically without hoping for a class to be overpowered. I'm still hoping that more warriors can comment on whether a minor disengage buff can make the entire class satisfactory to play. For me, that'd really make everything whole for a genuine melee class.

13. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

and after that? there will be another minor buff to engage than you want another protection. maybe a bit more aoe. then another minor buff maybe more movementspeed. this will just never end. it will never be enough untill the class is helpless OP again.

14. WhySoSeeryus

so just for the sake of discussion... warrior should be tanky, be able to kill few people in zerg (have damage), then run out safetly on its own? (while retaining excellent 1v1, ofc)

15. Abundance

Yeah I'm out. Congrats on ending the conversation.

16. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

I think everyone should be tankier x.x I think that they should change DR brackets to give +20% of your total DR at max level, remove AP brackets, increase the damage done by down attack and change PA to be like +200DR, make knockdowns a slightly shorter duration, and make it so that every class has 2-3 iframes, one in preawak, one in awak and both have ~3 second cooldown and classes that have longer range iframes like witchard TP that also have longer cooldowns are fine. I dont think anyone enjoys getting destroyed in their SA or melted despite not even being CCd. The only real solution I've been able to think of in regards to making everyone tankier is no AP brackets but increased down attack damage. They might need to increase the damage for some ranged classes though. I also think every class deserves at least one protected engage/disengage skill.