1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warrior has some problems. Please consider buffing it.

Discussion in 'Warrior' started by Hayzemet, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Hayzemet

1. We are weak, there is no other way to say it.
    -We are slow
    -0 AOE
    -This translates to, suboptimal grinding
    -Block is not that great
    -AP scaling is meh, or trash, mainly in "absolute"skills
    -Outdated kit, Pre awakening and Awakening are way too separated, like they dont flow that well into each other.
    -Mobility is not great either. Because we clash with everything.
    -Also pre awakening moveset is subpar

SUMMARY:
    -Warriors are at their lowest, in my experience.

SUGGESTIONS:
    -Increase AOE, range, mobility, or damage in all skills.

-Head chase: Increase speed, or remove collision, increase distance or i frames, or decrease cooldown. Make it flow better, let us use it in Pre Awakening mode.

-Take down, let us quickslot it, and use in awakening mode, either give us SA or make it 100% effective, make it KD

-About L-SA, if it is not comming back, give us a passive executioner buff while executioner is in cooldown. (Attack speed 5%+, Movement speed 5%+, All resist 15%+) Or make it so that other classes cannot ignore our resistances, or both.

-Increase damage/ range / scaling to: "absolute" scars of dusk, sppining slash, counter.

-Increase base movement speed >•>

Idl, im too tired, cmon fellow warriors give some mote experienced ideas.

Dark Eus likes this.
  2. Tenpei

Just a few things:

- You can kinda use Take Down in Awakening, as long as you put Executioner in a quickslot, press E and then C when you want to grab, it will be instant
    - I agree with the Head Chase i-frame buff, feels like I get caught in it everytime
    - The passive resist buff is kinda dumb, also not gonna happen xD
    - Get your move speed to 5 and Head Chase will be faster, also get add-ons that buff move speed, like in Balance Strike
    - Outdated kit? I guess you are right, but you just need to press C to make it all flow, I don't feel your struggles there
    - Block is not that great? You mean i-frames are better? Yes, but our block is good, you are a sitting duck tho. On the other hand if you time your blocks right it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    - Yes we clash with stuff a lot, but our mobility is good... You can do a lot of sharp turns, care to elaborate?

Yes warrior is at it worse, oh well :b

Souda likes this.
  3. Mana_Mafia

Warrior has problems to be sure, but speed and mobility are not among them.

That sounds like a L2P issue, to be honest.

4. Muhaha

From what I've seen, warriors just suck in large group fights. Not sure if its because they don't have many protected attack skills to use or if its the mobility limitation, only 1 dash every 3s, or getting interrupted/stuck on stuff in the preawakening dash.

I'm not too sure though, What are your opinions on where the Warrior is lacking/needs rework to be on par with other classes?

5. Dark Eus

1. head chase should travel a longer distance, x2 times longer, we should have some side dash like DK, also usable in preawaken (just look at striker dashes or wizz teleports, or DK mobility..)
    2. charging thrust should have no collision or atk, just run and also usable in awaken mode too
    3. scars of dusk should be usable with greatsword wep too, and not just with sword and shield only, i mean remain on awaken mode after using that skill
    4. i rly dont understand why warrior awaken has normal atks on both mouse buttons... combine them on left click and add something new to right click, maybe a mid range wave or some left punch atks combinations
    5. sa on solar flare! and enough with buggy interruptions on deformed terrain
    6. sa or frontal guard on balance strike
    7. overall the class is slow, but doesnt compensate on higher atk or def, so add something!
    8. rly but rly remove half of preawaken skills and add something new, better and funnier, hes a warrior not a crippled oldman!
    9. wth is that debalance after we use spear? is that warrior drunk or what?
    10. reckless blow should be improved, remake it, maybe a tornado of greatsword+ black energy spinning or impale the ground with greatsword and make the ground explode/crack, or jump very very high and slam the ground (like strikers)
    11. grab on awaken mode would be awesome (maybe this is to much)

Hayzemet likes this.
  6. Mana_Mafia

LOL again at people asking for mobility buffs.

Asking for 2X distanced traveled on head chase?

My respect for humanity takes another dip.

7. Dark Eus

stfu... you canT compare warrior mobility with other classes! you have to press all skills cancels and combos, and evne after that when you play on keyboard like a pianoo, EVEN THEN!!! you dont come close to DK,striker, musa, almost all classes god dam it!

Hayzemet likes this.
  8. Mana_Mafia

Yes, you do need to "play on the keyboard like a piano," but it's worth it to do so and eventually becomes second nature.

I've never seen a DK or Striker that can move as fast as a warrior for extended periods of time. As for Musa...well, that's kind of the hallmark of the class. I don't want anybody to be able to move as fast as a Musa/Mae because if they could, what would be the point?

I think Warrior is in a bad spot right now, but I'm sure it will be buffed more in the future. Hopefully when it is, it strikes a better balance between what it was and what it has become.

9. Dark Eus

Not everbody wants that much of a stress just to be able to move, others do it way easier, it should not be such a headache for warrior class.
    Also it is one thing to run forward and thats it, and totally another to have an agile class, with good side movement and fast engage and disengage.
    How the heck should i feel as a warrior, that my charging thrust gets stucked into first insect it encounters and lahn can basically fly over all Heidel?! or that my head chase is 1.5 meter distance long... while everybody else can do circles around me nice and easy, it aint fair or right! And i dont even want to mention invisibility skills.
    Oh, i forgot about block, and how fast it is melted away in end game...!!!! it should be way stronger in end game, maybe consume more energy/stamina but block much more dmg!

#9 Dark Eus, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Souda likes this.
  10. Stackbrick

headchase being our only i frame is a big problem also Slashing, GD, and Reckless have gaps in SA at start and end of the animation. We also lack burst dmg, and our escape has collision on it. Oh and of course we lost our 100% aoe spam lol. We will always have grab > dmg going in 1v1 but really no hope in group pvp rn

11. Spartakatz

there would be some valid points, but when you added "slow", and "block isnt great" you made that entire post look silly.

also, those extremely exaggerated buffs you ask for... just lol.

12. Hayzemet

What? im not trying to be super serious, just stating my concerns,

13. Tenpei

This is just my opinion, so take it as you will but:

1. I like head chase just as it is, you can turn around people just fine with it, and if you need the extra distance use solar flare.
    2. Charging Thust should go into a full stop or make the collision animation cancelable (is this even a word?). But you can also stop it mid way and cancel and use a protected skill... I agree it could be better.
    3. Scars of Dusk can be used in Awakening. And you can go back to Awakening mid animation all the way to the end of it, I don't feel your problem there.
    4. What is the problem here even? Attacks on both mouse buttons? Are you not used to how warrior plays yet? I don't see what the problem is really. [Edit: Ups you said normal attacks, but still, I don't see the problem, aren't other classes just like that?]
    5. I understand both points on this one, and even agree with the 2nd one, not too sure about the SA on Solar Flare, I guess it would be nice.
    6. Balance Strike doesn't need SA or FG, if you want a skill that cancels into either of those you can cancel into Shield Charge or Chopping Kick.
    7. We get +26 AP and +20 DP just from staying still, also, add all of Warriors passive DP buffs and you get +50 DP... Tho the AP you get is just to make your attacks hit as hard as other classes, but we are fine on the DP side.
    8. Again, not sure what you want to say here. Some of the skills Warrior has are not used in either PvP or PvE for sure, but that's the same for all classes.
    9. Don't get the problem again, you can cancel that animation into any Ultimate Skill.
    10. Why? It's a high damage, fast animation skill? Why make it longer like Grave Digger? So you can do even less damage in your combos? If you want Warrior to play like Striker, why not play Striker?
    11. You can already use Take Down in Awaneking just Press C + E, you can even do it when your block is being pressured unlike in Pre-Awakening. Now if you said "Take Down should have SA" I might agree with you on that, most classes have it, why not us too?

#13 Tenpei, Nov 7, 2018 at 10:15 PM
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018 at 10:24 PM
    Mana_Mafia and Souda like this.
  14. Juliphus

Juliphus Warrior 61 EU

thing is.... a certain person in here hates to cancel :O

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  15. Dark Eus

cause of people like you, thats why warrior class is in **** tier as it is now.... you like to do everything else harder, to walk around with a bag full of brick cause you want a challange! 10kkkk of cancels and craps for every damn simple action

1. wth can i say? you like a 1 meter long charge?!, i want it better twice as long at least when not on cd!
    2. no. imo that skill should just be a run straight + no collision, not the crap it is now
    3. i dont think you rly understood what i said there... scars of dusk for greatsword mode! not just usable in greatsword mode and changed to sword and shield mode when the skill is used
    6. i want that skill to be a dash for engage, very fast charge protected, like an interception.
    7. maybe we are fine on dp... but we are NOT fine on speed and mobility and everything else
    8. half of pre awaken skills are never used for anything! and even those that are used... pale in comparison to those from other classes
    9. wth would i want to cancel any crap after animation anyway?! it just should not be there in first place, it has no sense!
    10. reckless blow is such a crap... a skill with such cd should be way way better in everything, animation, stats, area etc!
    11. i agree, warrior grab should have SA

oh i also forgot to say

12. i want some greatsword skill to be usable in sword and shield mode, and that way chagne faster between weps, like strikers for example.
    sword and shield mode - use slashing the dead and be on greatsword mode

But tbh i almost lost all hope for this class anyway, also i havent seen warriors on competitions pvp in kr, the class is too old and outdated overall and there is no point into updating it, cause it wont generate any cash at all, so imo it is doomed to stay in this state.
    Good thing we get male archer, maybe one day male dark elf too....

16. Souda

Souda Warrior EU

I haven't given up on this class, true warriors fight until their last breath. But I'm on a break from the game though AFK processing/fishing until back lol

#16 Souda, Nov 8, 2018 at 6:46 PM
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 6:59 PM
    Mana_Mafia likes this.
  17. Tenpei

Yes I do like cancels, cancels make you attack faster, so they make you do more damage.
    But you mean to tell me that it's because of Warriors like me that do a lot of cancels that the class is in "such state"?
    In my opinion, the only thing that changed was GvG. Yes we are weaker in GvG for sure. But in 1v1s we are still the same, the lingering super armor only affected players that were playing Warrior because of the minimal effort you had to put to not be CCed. Like I said, if you want to play a class like that, I heard striker is hot right now. Warrior was built, both pre and awakening modes, for you to use cancels, that's what makes you move faster, and do long damaging (or just stylish) combos.
    Well if you think it's because of people that like to play Warrior to use high APM combos that Warrior is in a "bad state", then I think it's because of people that played Warrior like casuals and abused the lingering super armor to slack off on skill, that people complained so much about Warrior being a brain dead class. "Block > get lingering SA > do wantever you want and don't get punished for it". We were a direct "counter" to classes that could not Grab. You think that's fair? You think that's balanced?
    And there's nothing wrong about being a casual player, that's totaly fine, you don't need to get into the high APM stuff.
    I don't feel your struggles, it's simple honestly, if you don't want to get CCed, get your shield in front of you.
    You are just comparing Warrior to the "new" overpowered class, Striker. I don't think Warrior should get that many buffs, maybe a few tweaks, but you don't need to change the whole kit.

Here's what, imo, you don't understand and feel free to tell me wrong : )
    BDO is like a 3D fighting game, and you need to balanced the skills out, you can't make a skill too overpower (and that's why Reckless Blow has a huge cooldown) it's a skill that has a CC it's fast and does a lot of damage. Grave Digger and Slashing the Dead only lost 2s cooldown because they don't have a CC anymore. Warrior is a good middle line to what all classes should be, and that's why we don't get many changes

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  18. Dark Eus

Dude... you rly have some understanding problems... where did you see i even mentioned lingering sa or have i complained about sa?
    And yes overall warrior is in a bad state, especially preawaken warrior! that is rly not fun to play, i dont think it ever was anyway...
    The only reason i would ever play warrior, it is cause of greatsword weapon! if i could i would change warrior to dk preawaken, with dashes over dashes, and everything that class has, and you can keep this nice combo skill canceling class called warrior!
    When i play a class, i want to see that class skills, not 10 skills canceled to the point were you ask yourself wth i am seeing here?
    so if i want to play a male class with greatsword, i should forget it, here warrior its a muppets show class!