1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was this latest patch really just real $$ items?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Samashaus, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Samashaus

I just patched up and decided to read patch notes and all I see is Pearl Items added or on sale.
    I have just come back to BDO after sampling it 2 years ago (ish) and I'm a bit concerned to see this considering I bought the game at it's full price back then.

Not that I'm really that bothered by the in-game shop but it would be awesome to come back to this game and have meaningful content added.

Forgive my ignorance as like I said I'm technically new again and haven't kept up to date.

2. Freakedoutbum

Freakedoutbum Tuuseriall NA

Trying to decide if this is a troll post or not...

But yes they have added 2+ classes (depending on when exactly two years ago you stopped playing)
    They have added a handful of new grind spots, about two years ago is when they added Dreighan so a complete region. A smaller region Star's End with enjoyable questline (I thought at least) Lots of ocean content, new lifeskill systems, grind spots in the ocean, etc.. etc.. So yes.

AZzalor likes this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

night is dark and full of terrors,
    cash shop is big and full of conveniences!

Nextgengame, Dalenos, Yumine and 3 others like this.
  4. LeCordonBleu

Uh... No? We've been constantly getting updates.

The_Grimace likes this.
  5. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

what do you really expect, just like 90% of patch days only to milk playerbase even more

Nextgengame likes this.
  6. crosspath

Yeah, now their content creating technique is thinking about P2W then creating content around it. But lately new P2W every week.

You just returned, you are not invested, run fast and far away, this ship is full of termites.

Spend your time in games that care about their playerbase, like PoE.

Sadly I am invested and found that I seem to be a masochist, but hope to be able to break the spell sooner than later... Run Forrest Run!!!

Lilith., Nextgengame, Life2v and 4 others like this.
  7. Stahlram

Please don't let other peoples bad experiences turn you away, you're the master of your own life and BDO is what you make of it, they've also made good changes lately to reduce "p2w", as most call it, so focus on positives instead of negatives.

The game is in a great state and is only getting better week by week, play the game, don't let the game play you, it's a company and they want to earn money but you don't have to purchase everything available, have some self control and you'll most likely enjoy your time, patience and hard work will get you far.

8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

They have done absolutely nothing to reduce pay to win, in fact they have been putting in more and more pay to win week in week out.

Reyer, Lilith., Olimpicus and 14 others like this.
  9. Stahlram

Reduction in amount of trash items weight and how many extra items drop in lower level areas to not clog up your inventory and weight limit reduces the feeling of "needing" to purchase weight and inventory slots.

New marketplace made pearl items more readily available and also able to preorder so they now don't feel impossible to "snipe", having a positive effect on "f2p" players ability to get them.

Removal of silver weight is another change that devalued the weight limit upgrades.

Combining 4(?) items into one and adding additional features for it gives you more value per pearl if you enjoyed any of these items before, "Secret book of old moon" or w/e it's called.

Making elions tear and crystal extraction tools craftable in game, not yet released in NA/EU though.

Having 3 pets handed to you from doing main quests along with a fourth being available through an adventure Journal.

Adventure journals in general giving you account wide stats such as inventory slots and weight further devalues these pearl items.

to name a few.

Out of curiosity, what would make you happier about what you call "p2w"?

10. crosspath

"they've also made good changes lately to reduce "p2w"" are you serious? Was this a sarcastic comment and failed to see the /s? XD

Comedy gold, seriously.

11. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

The ability to sell more pearl items on the central market, the removal of the hqw but not removing the pearl energy pots. The buffs that they keep adding so now you have three subscriptions if you are into min/ maxing. Just these few things totally counteract the few good things that you have mentioned.

#11 Phoenixxx75, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  12. Factorial

You are kidding, right?

Do me a favor: just block out everything on the cash shop. Now tunnel vision on the single fact that you can sell 35 costumes a week at nearly half a billion silver each. Slither your mind around that from an objective point of view.

I said "objective", not fantasy.

Yumine, Phoenixxx75, Life2v and 5 others like this.
  13. Stahlram

No I'm not sarcastic nor kidding.

You can't sell more pearl items, it used to be 5 per day, now it's 35 per week, last I checked 7*5=35, the "third subscription" is an improvement to anyone that bought combat/life books for "min/max".

If you actually calculate how much you'd progress from selling 35 items every week it really isn't that incredible for the amount of money they are spending.

I'll ask again, what would make you feel better about what you call "p2w"?

14. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

it used to be 0, so if it got better why are we still allowed sell pearl items?

Nextgengame and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  15. Stahlram

You're ignoring the things I mentioned then, and do you really believe that having zero pearl items be able to be sold is less p2w than having them be available for silver? do you guys just think that "p2w" is "being able to spend money on game"?

Reverielle likes this.
  16. Boink

When I started playing this game the costumes were worth around 20-33m. . Limited sales around 5 per week I believe. Artisans were 3x multiplier. Boss Items were items were around 99.9m

Now what do we have here: Costumes are worth around 150-250m. Limited sales up to 35. Artisans are 5x multiplier. Average price of a boss item: 50-90m (Don't compare the pricing of the Guardian release).

Like I've said a year ago they will add more P2W or "Conveniences". It is not a surprise for a game that goes on sale for 5 dollars and now the last sale only costs like 3 bucks. The OBVIOUS leverage will always be there. I'm sure they will add more convenience and increase the gear capacity once again. Only way for a lot of players to keep swiping. This of course includes the new milk platform called "Manos". For "pro" lifeskillers :)

17. Kikux

Same old story they keep releasing new female classes for perverts and not fixing the broken Op ones it's all about Ap not brain and whales moving around with +280 ap

Fearless V likes this.
  18. zeezero

You can't praise them for reducing the number of trash items or making things stack in inventory that didn't before.
    Because......
    They have added a ton more items for you to perpetually carry in your inventory. The entire lifeskill line has added a permanent 10-15 slots used up in inventory.
    If they didn't reduce those trash items or make the inventory stacks then 192 slots would simply not be enough inventory.

Nextgengame and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  19. Drielith

Lol, extra item drops are important in lower area's for lower geared players and part of their income. How's that a good change? Also the reduction in trash loot and increase in silver per trash would've been nice alone, but it came with kama blessing being released around the same time.

It's being ignored because it's nonsense. Since you really want it broken down, I'll do it for you.
    This right here is what I'm referring to. Someone paid money for those costumes and sold them to gain silver in-game. Someone else bought them and helped that swiper get their silver. True, it may be free for the buyer, but the one selling the costume p2w their silver.

The only point I can really agree to wasn't done to increase p2w or with an ulterior motive.
    They combined 3 items + gave the ability to buy villa buff from tent, and they did it because on their own the items didn't sell enough, so they combined them to increase the value.

Not released yet and still on test server. We don't know if it'll even be released. Would be nice if it happens, but let's wait and see what the cost of making them is before praising them, shall we?

4 t1 pets, is it? Tell me where you grind since you find that to be enough. It's merely enough to get people into the habit of using pets to auto-loot and when it turns out that t1 pets aren't enough, get them to spend in the cash shop to evolve them to higher tiers.

The problem with the cash shop is half that they push p2w/p2c by nerfing content and then selling the solution, the other half is that they employ psychological tricks/marketing like this. That's a big turn off for most and needs to be warned about, so new players at least go in knowing what they're getting themselves into.

To OP. Yes, there have been quite a bit non-cash shop updates. Sadly, it usually gets affected by cash shop updates where PA nerf content to push new cash shop additions or the very content is centered around cash shop items.

Phoenixxx75, Life2v and zeezero like this.
  20. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

This is misinformation..It is necessary to spend money just as much as it is with buying for instance a car.
    Sure you can get along fine without putting gas in it..but then whats the point of using that for transportation, or in this case BDO for entertainment?

Currently there are avenues so that your personally the end user dont have to spend money on some things..but PA really needs to let the rest of the necessary paywalled items be able to be sold in the central market..otherwise, he will find several glass ceilings that severely frustrate progression.