1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch automatic cutscenes again when questing again!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rok, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Rok

Rok

I believe that I've made this suggestion before a long time ago, but things are still the same way, and perhaps Pearl Abyss is in a better position now to take this suggestion seriously.

There are certain cutscenes (I think they're automatic?) that play when you quest, which you only watch on your very first character that does those quests. Once you've done the quests and gained the relevant Knowledge, you don't watch those cutscenes ever again and can't! This is a significant drop in user-experience quality for even old players who pick up a new class or new character two years later and start to quest, never seeing those cutscenes again and completely forgetting about them and about the lore and story behind many of those quests.

I've only realized this and found out (again) now when I started to do questing on a new account!

One specific example of such cutscenes is the cutscene that plays when you first encounter Bipache of Refugee Camp, the Elionian Priest, while having the quest titled What Happened at the Refugee Camp? on an account that has never done this quest before.

I hope that this suggestion helps.

Thank you.

2. Andaro

Ambassador

I am probably wrong, but I could have sworn I have seen "cut scene buttons" on several NPCs in which a cut scene in a quest line was present, allowing you watch them if you wished to, when doing quests on an alternate character.

If this is incorrect, we could propagate a suggestion to have a button appear on those NPCs so that if you chose to, you could watch them however much you like.

Hollar back ^_^

3. Rok

Rok

I know exactly what you're talking about, Andaro; I am fully aware of the buttons you're referring to. If I recall correctly, they have a blue screen icon attached to them.

However, the cutscenes I'm talking about are not initiated via a button at all; they are automatic cutscenes, at least some of them, which start without the player clicking anything.

To double check that what I'm talking about is correct, you can try to interact with Bipache of Refugee Camp, the Elionian Priest, for example, when you're questing with a character that hasn't reached that stage of questing, yet. The specific quest that sends you to him is titled What Happened at the Refugee Camp? See if there is a button for a cutscene where the priest argues with a refugee about how the refugee is questioning Elion's will and such.

I'll try to show more examples when and if I'm questing on a new account but that's the one that hit me before I posted this thread.

Andaro likes this.
  4. Andaro

Ambassador

I think what I really meant was "are there cut scenes that you can't manually click to see, on alt characters?, and if so, we should list which ones those are and where they occur"

5. Rok

Rok

That's probably too many for normal players to do. It would be much easier, I think, to find a few as examples, then pass these on to the quest designers to find what's common among those quests in terms of their cutscenes.

I found another very easy to identify cutscene! You know literally the second character you meet as a new player in the whole game? Buntt of Olvia, the Skill Instructor. When you meet him for the first time on a new account, an automatic cutscene starts for him breaking some glasses or so. You never, ever see that cutscene again.

Andaro likes this.
  6. Rok

Rok

• Commander Cliff of Western Guard Camp. When you first meet him, an automatic cutscene starts. Talk to him again, and you never see any buttons to watch anything.
    • Same for Jarette Domongatt, the princess and daughter of the Lord of Heidel, when you first meet her in her tent at Western Guard Camp, an automatic cutscene starts, which has no button and you never watch again.
    • Alustin, the Alchemist, when you first meet him in Velia.
    • Tranan Underfoe, when you first meet him in Velia.
    • Eileen, the General Goods Vendor of Velia, when you first meet her, making some rouge.
    • Santo Manzi.
    • A cutscene about Heidel, which plays automatically as soon as you meet Amerigo, the Storage Keeper, for the very first time in Heidel.

#6 Rok, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Andaro likes this.
  7. Andaro

Ambassador

Now thatbwe have better clarity of the issue, and good examples, I have documented this in the Library, ref# BD0230

^_^

Rok likes this.