1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We are given the biggest catch up mechanic one week after KR but none of the others

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by unrealaz, Mar 23, 2018.

1. unrealaz

Why are we not getting the rest of the catch-up mechanics like:
    -CP reballance added after Kamasylve which ads 10-12 CP at 300. I know about the extra XP, but this is something else, read patch notes on InvenGlobal.
    -Shakatu Box gamble
    -Youna's event with the Valencia drops that you can use to craft Crescents/Basilisks etc.
    -Imperial auction house
    etc

Why are the devs pushing out patches like this.
    I am Ok with the PRI/DUO thing but I think it should have came after the other changes that were in KR.
    Edit:
    Patches should have a natural order, and while I don't expect this after Drieghan because that is content vs catch-up content, other important things should also be implemented before this.

#1 unrealaz, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    T800 and Neokii like this.
  2. Talvin

- mixed alchemy and food
    - farming (profession) improvements
    - fairy
    etc

T800 likes this.
  3. DarkBever

- lahn
    - drieghan

T800, Driftmoon, Neokii and 1 other person like this.
  4. Nutter22

Why do you think we are being given these new accessories? Because Drieghan is not far away and most people are nowhere near ready for it - self included. That's also one of the reasons Kamisilva is half empty too. A large proportion of the population are not ready for Drieghan. Well that and enhancing accessories is just complete nonsense as well!

ODB3698 and Mana_Mafia like this.
  5. unrealaz

Kama mobs are stronger than Drieghan. And if it comes in less then 4 months it will be a miracle.
    Drieghan has 57-59 grinding spots.

T800, Ashlinidor and Draconnix like this.
  6. Spartakatz

[​IMG]

Right: KR
    Left: unrealaz

7. JustFiyen

I don't need Drieghan yet just because it's new and shiney. Most people are not ready for it. Even top tier players seem like it will be groups going....

That being said Fairy, Cron stone and other. Ect would be nice.

Most importantly (debate able I suppose) give us Lahn so that when Drieghan is released we might be able to get there in a reasonable time!!!!!

We'll have to catch up in gear (weapons) and in so and level!!!! These four months between classes are getting crazy...
    I'm sorry (not sorry) no matter how long u hold off Lahn I am not going reroll mystic...

T800, ODB3698 and Darkenzo like this.
  8. Escapism

why does KR have chocolate icecream and we only have a pretzel which leaves a dry and salty aftertaste?

ODB3698, Sibyyl, Redarion and 6 others like this.
  9. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Dreighan only has 1/2 mobs anywhere near Kama strength (the night time ones that require 10 energy to spawn). It isn't being delayed because the playerbase isn't ready for it.

Lets stomp on that excuse right now.

Junyoung and Draconnix like this.
  10. Srich

kamasilvia is not empy indeed finding a ch free for gifyn is not always easy... all others spots just are not worth your time in terms of exp or silver

11. Spartakatz

lol FOTM reroller's problems.

4 months between new classes is crazy? what do you expect, 20 classes per year or what? that's ridiculous.

Jeoul and iller like this.
  12. Spartakatz

the right kid had to eat his pretzel first, too, before he got that chocolate.

13. JustFiyen

No. You've just over exaggerated "20 classes a year" to make it seem like I was asking for something unreasonable. However it's crazy because it does not take that long to move a class over. We got DK and Striker ....what a month or two later? Mystic was the longest...
    And they've said it only takes about a month...

So yes. It's crazy. Just like it's crazy how they delay other content. Which I am sure there are parts YOU are looking forward too.
    We have seen them delay pleny of content until it was a holiday or a special event to make it artificallarbetter than it would be without the "new" content.

And I am not FOTM rerolling. I have stuck to ranger since a few weeks in, and wanted to switch the moment I saw the silhouette...she can be the very worst in pvp but her athstetics match what I want to play.

Regardless, we need updates and communication!!!!

Driftmoon and Ezikeo like this.
  14. Spartakatz

Yes of course the silhouette haha.

Yes 20 was exaggerated. But the game started with how many, 7 or 8 classes? We have 15 now, and *far* away from any balancing. New classes every 1-2 months, doesn't fit anywhere in a MMO with longterm progress. It's too much. Other similar games come up with new classes maybe every few years. Don't be ridiculous that "only" every 4 months would be "crazy".

15. Andaro

Ambassador

Read a couple posts....

Here's how this works in the industry, mainly when dealing with foreign games, specifically originating from China or Korea:

Not every region(s) will receive the same content. Some regions may actually have custom requested content that is unique to their own region. If content is earmarked as Global release, it is localized and submitted to each publisher. The publisher then determines a release schedule unless a schedule has already been arranged.

The different variables of the above are guided by the contractual agreements between developer and publisher of each region, and depending upon those agreements can result in a different mixture of variables, such as release schedules, or content packs, as each publisher may have a different agreement.

In example: in a previous game, custom requested content was requested by and paid for by the Japanese publishers of the game. The content was not marked as Global content. However some items that were a part of that content were necessary to be included in the global file index. While some items were enjoyed by other regions, the full content was not available, because it was customed to a specific publisher.

What this means for BDO NA & EU:

Although it was released via statement that the developers wish to globalize all content to the extent that all versions are on the same page, there may be extenuating time scales that currently have to be ridden out before that process takes place.

Also to note, that sometimes content is tested in specific regions before being released globally so that in the event there is a problem or changes need to be made, they can be done so without further impact to other regions. The longer this method is used, the longer "globally syncing" up versions could take, generally speaking.

#15 Andaro, Mar 23, 2018
    Only_Quints and Dolomite like this.
  16. JustFiyen

Ah!!! Correct! Other games might come out with a new class every few years...however how many of them spread out the release across regions by months. All the ones I have played we're only a month or so behind.

There is an obvious and intentional delay. Perhaps not "crazy" but it is a blatent disregard for this part of their community. (Not simply the delay in classes, but content in general)

Jeanina and Darkenzo like this.
  17. Spartakatz

I don't know how much you play, but no normal player can catch up to lv61-62 and 2000 skill points in a single month.

If that would be possible, to get a twink in 1-2 months to lv60 and learn all important skills, it would be a different thing.

Sounds to me like a 24/7 16hour/day nolifer who gets bored because he has already 15 classes at lv60 and desperately needs the next one. That's not how it works for 99% of the playerbase.

18. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

Things I'm still waiting for:
    • Awakened Kamasylvia boss scrolls
    • Cron energy for weapons
    • Teleport to Aakman and Hystria
    • Crafting yellow accessories
    • New daily hunting quests / scrolls
    • Offin Tett world boss
    All of these things have been available in KR for some time now, we even have stuff in our version from the same patches. It'd be nice if we could have a roadmap of when this stuff will come to our version.

T800 likes this.
  19. JustFiyen

No? I have a job. That's a good estimate for leveling though.( To 60 at least not 61 or 62) A little hard on the SPs...Perhapes while running sp buffs contantly. I haven't been using energy burning much.

I only have a few 56's, a few sub 56's, my main (ranger) is 61, I have an underwhelming gearscore I can play for about 4-7 hours a day at most. (And that's sacrificing sleep).

But not everyone can grind even as long as me. They are not nolifers...so we need two months to level up. I imagine we will get the new area by this winter.bso it might be nice to hear some news about Lahn before the end of spring/summer.

However regardless of what I say I am quite sure you will defend that their impassive responses to any questions is perfectly normal.

Society seems to think that all people who play video games are children and are therefore not wothywof being treated as proper costomers.

If I were to treat people with the disregard that we are shown with their silence towards our issues then I would be fired on the spot. Real life facts. We are costumers and while costumers are not always right you can not under any circumstances treat them like ignorant children. Not even when a majority of them forget their manners and act like one.

#19 JustFiyen, Mar 23, 2018
    Castill4n and Ascaeldor like this.
  20. Spartakatz

I'm just saying, the game is not really designed to have constantly new classes. I have one class at 61, 3 others at 60, and none of them have even close to the needed SP. It needs a massive grind, many many months, and I play a lot for someone with a fulltime job. Not even talking about new needed gear.
    Just my opinion, of course depends on playstyle, but starting over again in a MMO is rather something rare (usually). That's why so many new classes aren't needed IMO, because nobody ain't got time for that.

iller and JustFiyen like this.