1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Randomly selected winners for holding 100/200/500 Rum items at the end of the event has been selected and prizes have been sent out. Please check your in-game mailbox (B) to see if you’ve won!
    Dismiss Notice

Working as Intended We Are Not Getting Steppe Seals From Gathering

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Stabby, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Stabby

The title says it all. We are not getting any Steppe Seals or Meadow Trails from gathering like the patch notes suggest. They are dropping fine for killing, just not gathering. https://blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1876

steppe.jpg

2. Pirsig

I have gotten steppe seals from tree sap extraction, lumbering, and herb gathering when doing Olvia gathering dailies, and the very first one I got on patch day was butchering hunting target wolf. I have also received a few from plain vanilla killing.

What I have not seen anywhere but the Challenges tab, is Meadow Trail.

3. Stabby

Over a thousand energy on two accounts and not one single Steppe Seal from gathering. I did blood, trees and rocks.

I also have not seen a Meadow Trail from killing or gathering either.

4. GM Szyslak

Game Master

Hello there @Stabby and @Pirsig, I can see that you both are having some trouble collecting Steppe Seals and Meadow Trails. Both of these items are designed to be randomly dropped as you complete actions in our world. Meadow Trails are designed to harder to come by than Steppe Seals which can be why you are having trouble finding them.

Hopefully this is only a minor roadbump in your enjoyment of this event. If you need any further help, don't be afraid to let us know. Have a great day :)

5. Stabby

Nothing has changed. Still have not gotten a single one from harvesting. Also. not one single Meadow Trail has dropped from killing.

6. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato 61 EU

Works fine for me, lumbering.

7. GM Caramel

Game Master

Hi @Stabby

I have moved your thread regarding this to "Bugs". The dedicated Bug team will go over your thread when they have a chance and investigate. You'll know when your thread has been changed to "Under Investigation".

Have a wonderful day.

Stabby likes this.
  8. Stabby

I just leveled TWO challenge accounts to 56. Not a single Meadow Trail.

I've done some more blood collecting, about 600 energy worth. Still not one Steppe Seal or Meadow Trail.

9. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato 61 EU

suppose to be super rare, like super super rare, you not suppose to get it from drop, just 1 box from whole event.
    Did you tried any other gathering ?

10. iLiKeCaKe

This is working fine for me, i havn't Gathered much blood lately, but Wood/Sap/Ore i'm getting craptons of Steppe Seals, over 500 total counting rewards, and 10 Meadow Trails, i think that means i've gotten 1 Meadow Trail drop.

11. VastoJD

Hi,

Getting steppe seals is not a problem for me. But i never saw a meadow trail by drop and by the 6 hours connexion.

This event bugged a lot i think.

12. Aletheia

And we are supposed to get one Meadow Trail for 6 hours of play time. I am AFK all of the time leveling horses on my wagon and have not acquired a single meadow trail to date. I am concerned there does seem to be a problem with getting this item.

13. iLiKeCaKe

Similar, last night i processed for 12 hours afk, should have got 2 Meadow Trails. GM's plz look into this.

14. Stabby

I can confirm that there was no 6 hour Meadow Trail reward last night. Just a Steppe Seal.

15. iLiKeCaKe

Wait have you guys claimed all your Steppe Seals yet? The Meadow Trails are hiding at the bottom.

16. Stabby

Ya. There was no Meadow Trail yesterday for the final 6 hour reward.

17. GM Dew

Game Master

I have confirmed in our server logs that both [Event] Meadow Trail and [Event] Steppe Seals are indeed dropping from gathering as well as killing monsters, and many players have obtained it this way so far. It is however indeed supposed to be a very rare drop.

I have quickly checked your logs, and could confirm that you did receive the following challenge rewards while claiming them at 2018-10-11 17:02 UTC:
    • 3x [Event] Steppe Seal
    • 3x [Event] Steppe Seal
    • 3x [Event] Steppe Seal
    • 3x [Event] Steppe Seal
    • 3x [Event] Steppe Seal
    • 1x [Event] Meadow Trail
    I hope that clears up any confusion!

Best regards,
    GM Dew

18. Stabby

Your log is wrong or there's some kind of time zone confusion. I did not receive a Meadow Trail the night before last. It doesn't matter. Most of us will not even get one box out of this event. I don't care anymore. Between that and the fishing nerf I think I'll just leave the game for a few months.

19. Aletheia

<face palm> Yes, I found them "at the bottom". Okay, so working as intended, but not entirely obvious to the user that it was working as intended.