1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We can have global P2W but not global content.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Knisheffy, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Wait you mean most of the playerbase isn't competing therefore isn't affected in the slightest by the so-called "advantages" the cash shop provides ? Interesting.

2. Purr

the current legal definition of pay to win...

1. PAY-TO-WIN MICROTRANSACTION.—
    2. 7 (A) IN GENERAL.—The term ‘‘pay-to-win microtransaction’’ means an add-on transaction to a interactive digital entertainment product that
    3. (i) with respect to an interactive digital entertainment product that, from the perspective of a reasonable user of the product, is a game offering a scoring system, a set of goals to achieve, a set of rewards, or a sense of interactive progression through the product’s content including but not limited to narrative progression—
    4. (I) eases a user’s progression through content otherwise available within the game without the purchase of such transaction;
    5. (II) assists a user in accomplishing an achievement within the game that can otherwise be accomplished without the purchase of such transaction;
    6. (III) assists a user in receiving an award associated with the game that is otherwise available in association with the game without the purchase of such transaction; or
    7. (IV) permits a user to continue to access content of the game that had previously been accessible to the user but has been made inaccessible after the expiration of a timer or a number of gameplay attempts; or
    8. (ii) with respect to an interactive digital entertainment product that, from the perspective of a reasonable user of the product, is a game featuring competition with other users, provides a user with a competitive advantage with respect to the game’s competitive aspects over users who do not make such a transaction.
    by this legal definition BDO pearl shop is extremly P2W @2Cents

3. Satsuki Hime

I think the biggest example (or maybe most expensive) is pets. Someone with five tier four pets has a pretty significant advantage in grinding. But, look at how much it would cost in real money to go through the training and exchanges enough to actually come out owning four specific tier four pets. More than I’d ever care to spend on it, that’s for sure.

4. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

[​IMG]

Dont forget to support and have fun playing lol.

Blitzball and Factorial like this.
  5. Factorial

dat loot scroll tho is the biggest game-changer in BDO. I have always said that it makes a significant impact on the grind and general economy.

KR having the daily loot scroll versus us not having it is essentially having KR play on easy mode while we are left playing very hard mode.

It's totally unfair and there is no reason whatsoever that we don't have it as well.

6. MMoNoob

are we under pearl abyss now or still kakao?

7. MagicalTabletopGirls

Have you noticed that ever since Nintendo fired that ragging regressive who turned out to be a prostitute that all the sudden they are Ant- Censorship and have been courting all the gaming companies Sony has taken a dump on? It's pretty amazing, The Switch is now the go to system for Anime titles.

8. Zycrus

I would argue more with point 4. Eases
    Progression.

I am also still not sure what people mean with convenience. Isn’t that just a nice way of saying I pay for something that makes the game more fun for me, which literally is a win no matter how you argue? Also eases Progression btw

Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. Satsuki Hime

There’s a perception difference. It all boils down to what you consider “winning”.

The most egregious example is when you can buy things that immediately give you an advantage when you go up against another player. This is why Battlefront 2 got such incredible, instant backlash. Drop enough cash on day one and your very first game, you’re ahead of players that don’t.

In this regard, Black Desert isn’t P2W- there's nothing you can drop cash on that instantly makes you kill faster or take longer to kill in PVP. Nothing eliminates the grind.

Others look at it more overall. You can buy plenty of things that make the grind easier. More inventory slots, pets, etc. that let you gather more and stay in the field longer, increasing the odds you get rare drops. So looking at it this way, the game is P2W.

Nuei likes this.
  10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

You can buy in game money with selling pearl shop items and then buy highly enhanced weapons and armour from the central market place. This is exactly the same as buying them directly from the pearl shop in my opinion. No work or grind needs to be done if you have the money and the will to spend it.

Factorial, FrozenReaper and flukeSG2 like this.
  11. Satsuki Hime

But how often does that happen, realistically? I’m an Xbox player, so our Central Market is likely way cheaper than yours. Just yesterday, I managed to buy a PRI Kzarka Florang for 279 million. Outfit boxes sell (if anybody ever lists them) for ~55 million. That’s over $100 dollars in pearls for one weapon that’s not even maxed out.

You can do that but, to put it bluntly, you’re an idiot if you do.

12. Factorial

I think it should be. We are in 2019. Communication does not involve putting messages in a bottle.

Why aren't the Korean devs working in tandem with other dev teams?

Still, localization will take time, but in many cases things are just outright delayed without any reason beyond localization or translation.

Perfect and elegant example:

There is a point you can't keep using translation or localization as an excuse for delay.

More, there is much content that is released globally and instantly. There aren't any translation or localization delays there. Makes you wonder the cherry picking.

Life2v, Phoenixxx75 and Despins like this.
  13. Despins

You can sell up to 35 costumes for about 7 bil a week.
    And it does happen often.

14. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You have no idea how many idiots there are on the PC version.

15. Meowth

La Medellin outfit was released in Korea 3 years ago. Still haven't made it to NA/EU as far as I know. I'm sure there are many more examples but that's the one I remember.

Leverage likes this.
  16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

It does not matter whether it only happens once the argument is that it can be done so therefore this game is pay to win.

Factorial and flukeSG2 like this.
  17. Satsuki Hime

I never said I thought it wasn’t. I was only presenting the arguments on both sides. I specifically stated earlier that I DO think the game is Pay to Win; just that the amount of money you have to actually invest to gain a noticeable advantage is so high that not a lot of people will do it.

18. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Still developer treat us like **** while we are only region that has buy to play this game.

19. Hr1s7i

Ow yes, do explain how localization is more than just 80% translating, 10% censorship and 10% unlisted modifications which bring in more revenue. Do tell, cause apparently people don't have eyes and can't see what happens.

20. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Also incorrect. Every version after EU/NA is B2P as well.